Jambo

I noticed this as well and every night for every room category was available through December. This morning when I checked it shows no rooms available for any night through December. Strange.

When I searched this morning October - December were all completely unavailable for all room types. Now it is just November December. Seems they are fiddling with inventory.

*Edit - And just that fast bits of November are back now too.

When I searched this morning October - December were all completely unavailable for all room types. Now it is just November December. Seems they are fiddling with inventory.

*Edit - And just that fast bits of November are back now too.
I'm wondering if all those rooms that popped up yesterday in Value and Club levels were legit DVC rooms.

Things are gone in October too. I am really interested to hear what they are doing with CL rooms since Disney is not offering it as a service anymore.

I guess we will find out on July 10th when the first guests check in!

Hey everyone! I made it to Kidani! I arrived at Magical Express and they had a whole list of displaced people. They fixed my magical express in under 5 minutes and I was on my way. I had to check-in at the front desk which took about 15-20 minutes, but it was pretty hassle free
What room type were you supposed to have at Jambo and what did they move you to? I've seen some reports of people with Value rooms being asked to use more points to be moved to Kidani.

Hey everyone! I made it to Kidani! I arrived at Magical Express and they had a whole list of displaced people. They fixed my magical express in under 5 minutes and I was on my way. I had to check-in at the front desk which took about 15-20 minutes, but it was pretty hassle free
So glad you made it safely and have a room at a great resort!

Let is know how it goes at Kidani without Jambo open. Hopefully they upgraded QS facilities for you to eat. Is the Jambo pool open so you have a 24 hour pool?

Are the splash pad and pool slides open? What are the pool hours?

Is there room service available? Are there any quick dinner options?

Have a great trip!!

So glad you made it safely and have a room at a great resort!

Let is know how it goes at Kidani without Jambo open. Hopefully they upgraded QS facilities for you to eat. Is the Jambo pool open so you have a 24 hour pool?

Thank you! Nope just Kidani is open. They definitely did not upgrade the dining. I had lunch at the pool bar and there were 4 options to choose from. I'm only here 3 days, so that doesn't bug me too. I can see how that would impact longer stays with the limited options.

Are the splash pad and pool slides open? What are the pool hours?

Is there room service available? Are there any quick dinner options?

Have a great trip!!
It looked like everything at the pool was open. I plan on having a pool day tomorrow and will update.

Only quick service is the pool bar. Both food and pool I think they said 8pm closing.

I don't think there is in room dining. No menus or anything is in the room. Just a sign about how they clean the room. My remote was wrapped in plastic with a sticker that said "cleaned "

It looked like everything at the pool was open. I plan on having a pool day tomorrow and will update.

Only quick service is the pool bar. Both food and pool I think they said 8pm closing.

I don't think there is in room dining. No menus or anything is in the room. Just a sign about how they clean the room. My remote was wrapped in plastic with a sticker that said "cleaned "
Did you have to spend extra points to move? Did you have a value room originally?

I rented points through a DVC rental agency, which I'll probably never do again.

I booked a value through them. The owner I guess never bothered to try and get my room changed, so I had to do it at the front desk and they put me in a savanna view studio.

There wasn’t really a reason for the owner to try to change your room, as he potentially could have been in breach of contract if he made any changes to your reservation. Honestly it was better to let it be handled by the front desk and you got a nice upgrade out of it.

What room type were you supposed to have at Jambo and what did they move you to? I've seen some reports of people with Value rooms being asked to use more points to be moved to Kidani.
So, just as a question, what would happen if you showed up and didn't have any more available points?

So, just as a question, what would happen if you showed up and didn't have any more available points?
Good question. I guess I'll find out since I'm basically at my 50% borrowing limit for the year.
In my opinion, this should be handled the same as a room being unavailable due to maintenance or whatnot. Hopefully the point up-charge I saw was atypical, since it looks like others are just being moved (and sometimes upgraded) at check in with no issue.

Good question. I guess I'll find out since I'm basically at my 50% borrowing limit for the year.
In my opinion, this should be handled the same as a room being unavailable due to maintenance or whatnot. Hopefully the point up-charge I saw was atypical, since it looks like others are just being moved (and sometimes upgraded) at check in with no issue.
I did wonder if maybe that particular post was perhaps after July 10th, so maybe the system already had Jambo as open, but we weren't aware of it yet. It seems like the system for Jambo availability has been a bit wonky every day, so it does seem as though they've been tinkering with it...

Just wanted to share our experience with a Jambo value booking. We decided Monday to leave a day early and booked a value room at Jambo for one night to see what would happen. We received a call yesterday (check in day) on the drive down to ask if we would be okay moving to Kidani. The move to Kidani would be for the same room type and standard view and no charge for the extra points. We had to go to the lobby when we arrived to get our room number and they ended up assigning us a savanna view. The pool was open 11am-9pm. Counter service at pool opened at 11am also, no breakfast served there and very limited choices for lunch/dinner. Sanaa had a casual breakfast and some items listed as grab and go, no hot items or meals to go just yogurt, pastries and fruit. We did not eat there so not sure if they would have packed any of the meals to go if asked.

Just wanted to share our experience with a Jambo value booking. We decided Monday to leave a day early and booked a value room at Jambo for one night to see what would happen. We received a call yesterday (check in day) on the drive down to ask if we would be okay moving to Kidani. The move to Kidani would be for the same room type and standard view and no charge for the extra points. We had to go to the lobby when we arrived to get our room number and they ended up assigning us a savanna view. The pool was open 11am-9pm. Counter service at pool opened at 11am also, no breakfast served there and very limited choices for lunch/dinner. Sanaa had a casual breakfast and some items listed as grab and go, no hot items or meals to go just yogurt, pastries and fruit. We did not eat there so not sure if they would have packed any of the meals to go if asked.

Sanaa had a hot breakfast menu this morning. I got the platter with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and coconut biscuits. The menu was in a little table top holder in front of the cashier. They packed it up for me and I ate on my balcony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter