Jambo

The restart would tentatively begin on July 31, the NBA stated, with the NBA Finals ending no later than October 12. The NBA Draft is scheduled to be held on October 15, and the 2020-21 season will begin on December 1 -- about two months later than previous years.

So by this the NBA will be done by Oct 12. But doesn't even start till July and there are only 22 teams playing....

So looking at the call back for staff. They are calling back for Mara but it appears to just be for breakfast. That seems odd to me since it's the one QS on property. I would think if they are going to close one it would be Khidani as it has only one restaurant and not three.

Restaurants aren’t going to play any major role in decisions. Kidani is all DVC villas; every room has a full kitchen or kitchenette. If necessary they can expand offerings at Sanaa and put a sandwich cart in the lobby.

Nobody is entirely certain what is going on with Jambo. Both Jambo and Kidani have DVC villas. Disney has certain legal obligations to DVC owners given that it represents a deeded real estate offering. The number of villas at Jambo is small enough (just over 100) that there are certain paths Disney could take to minimize negative impact to owners. Kidani has over 300 villas. Closing it isn’t an option.

But doesn't even start till July and there are only 22 teams playing....

“Only” 22 teams but the NBA has requested about 2000 rooms. Each team is likely to be allocated 70-80 rooms for players, coaches, trainers, broadcasters and other personnel. Then they’ll need to accommodate league officials, referees, national broadcasters, some number of media members. There was talk that cast members working the hotel and WWOS may be sequestered too. Players‘ family members will likely be allowed to participate in some form.

This is so very true. I have worked in customer service field for over 20 years and it's 5 percent knowledge and 95 percent believing what you are telling the customer is right and BS. You can ask all you want and ask five different people and get five different answers because like here, we are talking to them and they are picking up rumors that sound credible. So they may say another rumor. Unfortunately until Disney announces anything that is all it is, Rumor. Life is ever changing and I look forward to my next vacation in Jan. I'm not even bothered if there is shortened hours, and smaller park goers. I, like many others don't spend enough time at the parks. I've been going for years and own at two different places but I can honestly say that I have only ever been in any pool once and I've stayed at Beach club and not even been in that pool. I've missed out on so much more that Disney has to offer that isn't in the parks. I'm looking forward to trying something new. Like the time I was there during the hurricane.
Have a great trip! We're going in Jan '21 too. You have a good point there. With so much to do and we never seem to have enough time, it can still be a great trip no matter how next year ends up. And if that means it's very different then at least it will be unique :)

The restart would tentatively begin on July 31, the NBA stated, with the NBA Finals ending no later than October 12. The NBA Draft is scheduled to be held on October 15, and the 2020-21 season will begin on December 1 -- about two months later than previous years.

So by this the NBA will be done by Oct 12. But doesn't even start till July and there are only 22 teams playing....
i wonder if they plan on starting the season at WDW too. Otherwise, I don’t understand why they would block Jambo until January if they are done in mid-October.

I think it’s now becoming clear with the new confirmed reports that they are offering to move cash guests booked June 5-21 to DVC or FW that they blocked Jambo through the end of 2020 so they could have rooms to provide. The time frame of unavailable rooms at Jambo and the offer match up. May be some explanation of the availability issues people observed at Riviera as well.

I think it’s now becoming clear with the new confirmed reports that they are offering to move cash guests booked June 5-21 to DVC or FW that they blocked Jambo through the end of 2020 so they could have rooms to provide. The time frame of unavailable rooms at Jambo and the offer match up. May be some explanation of the availability issues people observed at Riviera as well.

Thosw guests today have to pay to move to a DVC resort.It is not being offered for free to those in less expensive rooms. And the reports so far is that many have not found dates available.

IMO, todays move was to deal with complaints since last week that no one before opening has been given a chance to book new.

Not too much success reported yet.

Thosw guests today have to pay to move to a DVC resort.It is not being offered for free to those in less expensive rooms. And the reports so far is that many have not found dates available.

IMO, todays move was to deal with complaints since last week that no one before opening has been given a chance to book new.

Not too much success reported yet.
Yes, but the dates of this offer do match up better with the unavailability than the time frames suggested for the sports teams.

Yes, but the dates of this offer do match up better with the unavailability than the time frames suggested for the sports teams.

I just meant that the plan to move to DVC for resort closure was different than today’s move.

its why some who are slated already during open times but can’t change are worried.

Bur I dont think there is any question Disney is gong to take whatever they can legally take to use for cash guest situations.

Jambo and RV are good choices Since so many regular rooms that can be used as well and it doesn’t require them to open up other resorts as quickly

that’s why it’s been rumored that deluxe resorts will be first as DVC is attached. YC being the only one being discussed as opening later.

Would you mind posting a link to the thread about these folk being moved to DVC? Thanks in advance!

Would you mind posting a link to the thread about these folk being moved to DVC? Thanks in advance!
I’ll try to find it. I apologize as I follow a lot of threads. I do know I saw at least one confirmed account of someone successfully being moved to a split and I can’t remember the first resort but the second was Rivieria. Sandisw is right though that although the offer has been made there are not loads of people reporting being successful

I’ll try to find it. I apologize as I follow a lot of threads. I do know I saw at least one confirmed account of someone successfully being moved to a split and I can’t remember the first resort but the second was Rivieria. Sandisw is right though that although the offer has been made there are not loads of people reporting being successful
Thank you.
You expressed part of my concern. DVC right now is overburdened with too many points in people's pockets than rooms available. I thought I had read that Disney promised us they would not be using their share of points until we had the owner side under control. Reports of cash guests moving to DVC speaks to the opposite.

I'd have to think they would offer Jambo hotel rooms though, not DVC.
I believe this person was moved to a split stay between Riviera and BLT. There should be no cash rooms available at BLT if Disney keeps to it's word.

** Thinking, there may be a possible exception to points traded out for collection rooms?

I believe this person was moved to a split stay between Riviera and BLT. There should be no cash rooms available at BLT if Disney keeps to it's word.

** Thinking, there may be a possible exception to points traded out for collection rooms?

Yes, there would have to be those.

The rest is a bit disappointing to hear though. Resorts should take care of their own with resorts and DVC be allowed to take care of its own. JMO and nothing necessarily legal about it although I'm puzzled and not certain about the legality with what they seem to be doing at Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter