James and Jeffrey PJ - 05/10/11 - SBP/Attic/UK DP/Wedding Day 2 Arrival

You haven't "met" me yet, as I have lurked all the way through, but I'm still here! And can't wait to see and hear all about it!

MrsSprat thanks for your encouragement.

Still here. Hard drive died and lost everything. slowly regrouping and getting things back in order. Valentine's day, Disney Day party and open house this weekend. Should start getting those posts started on Monday.

I am working on Day three of our trip. I dropped the computer AGAIN and the n button keeps sticking so it may be missing... please just insert it as you read. Also, due to lack of hours, I am now staying home with Miss Boo (who we still have.... knock on wood) and am now watching my friends two boys. So in between writing I will be chassing toddlers and there will be the frequent insert from them, because for some reason they have to help you type.

After resting for the night, we got up early for a quick bite to eat at the hotels continental breakfast. Jeff was still getting the boys ready so I ran downstairs to get both of our starter cups of coffee. I rounded the corner and there was the rest of our traveling party. Tina, Angela, Heidi, Jason, Jarrod and Corey...... COREY!!!!! "WHAT IN THE HECK IS HE DOING HERE ?" The six year old had heard my sister going downstairs for breakfast and decided to follow her and SNUCK OUT. He left the room, rode the elevator and found them at breakfast by himself. * This day was going to need several cups of coffee. Once we. had determined that all other children were accounted for, we had breakfast and left for Florida....

Couple of hours later.

downsized_0506011023.jpg

We always stop at the Florida welcome center to get our sample of Orange and Grapefruit juice.

downsized_0506011017b.jpg

downsized_0506011017a.jpg

downsized_0506011017.jpg

After being crammed into with seven passengers (four of them under the age of seven). It is nice for the state of Florida to give something away. It would be perfect if only there was a shot of vodka for the adults. :woohoo: Especially since it is a couple of hour more until Walt Disney World.

A few hours later and we finally arrived to our destination. The most magical place in the world.

0506011314.jpg

After being trapped in a vehicle with three energetic kids and a very fussy baby (never change formula before a trip ) we finally made it. Like a Mirage it appeared before us. The entrance to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. No place looked more beautiful and inviting. "Welcome Home".

JJ07535-10-11.jpg

Just joining in.

Looking forward to the rest of your updates.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that Boo joins your family permanently. She is precious.

I just posted 40 min. and my piece of junk computer just jumped a page and lost everything. I will repost in the morning. Have a good night

I am so glad the Animal Kingdom Lodge will be forever associated with you wedding. Such wonderful memories were created. How can you not fall in love with this place.

Oh the details
2011easteranddisneywedding467.jpg

It is so impressive
2011easteranddisneywedding456.jpg

Love this fixture.
2011easteranddisneywedding465.jpg

We arrived around eleven and were excited to start our day. Unfortunately
our room was not ready yet. I wish I could say we were treated to an amazing upgrade or even congratulation, but it never happend by any castmember. Honestly, I think commitment ceremonies just do not register the same as weddings. It is ok though Disney still created wonderful memoires for us.

To keep the boys occupied, while we waited for our room, we went to check out the Kidani village pool. That place is AWESOME. Even though the boys trunks were still in the truck I had to let them play. So it was shirts, sock, shoes off and pants rolled up and away they went.

downsized_0506011526.jpg

downsized_0506011520-1.jpg

downsized_0506011529.jpg

It was just so much fun. You should have seen the look of horror from the castmember as we headed back into the lobby LOL. They chased us down to give us towels. The boys were soaked.

Once we were given our room number, we headed over to Kidani village to go find our room. We turned right to head out of the main parking lot. That is when we heard it! The horrible sound of metal grinding. At first I thought we had hit a wildebeest. No it was the Yukon.

After taking it to an off site mechanic we discovered it was a wheel bearing. The night before on our trip to Georgia (our stopping point). The warning lights kept coming on telling us the tires were low pressure. My husband just assumed we needed air put into it. However, that was not the case. Apparently it could have broken and caused the truck to flip. We were lucky to have made it to Disney alive. Thankfully, nothing happend and we arrived to this.

JJ07575-10-11.jpg

downsized_0506011609.jpg

downsized_0506011607-1.jpg

We were in a two bedroom villa. It was huge. I love the fact that there is a washing machine available also. I can not imagine going to Disney without one ever again,.

The reason you pick Animal Kingdom Lodge the view.

2011easteranddisneywedding135.jpg

2011easteranddisneywedding198.jpg

2011easteranddisneywedding099.jpg

Yes we woke up early and drank coffee every morning looking at this view.

the first post was more detailed, but I wanted to get something up LOL. I am sorry there are so many pictures of the boys, I hope it is not to boring.

That post was not boring at all! :) I think that it is great to see all the fun your kids were having and I am soo happy that you guys made it to Disney safe. Can't wait for more!!!popcorn::

Glad you made it to Disney safely.

I was not bored by the pics of the boys playing in the water. It looks like they are having fun...I'd be jealous if it wasn't so cold where I am LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter