James and Jeffrey PJ - 05/10/11 - SBP/Attic/UK DP/Wedding Day 2 Arrival

We got Diane Bowen...Yahoo!!!! ok thats all I got. Kids were outside playing and I missed her call,but, I at least have a name.

I just caught up on your planning. I love your engagement story! And, although I feel bad that you're having troubles with your diy projects, it is nice to know I'm not the only one on here that thinks these Disney brides are all freakishly talented! :rotfl2: It's intimidating seeing what everyone can do! I will definitely be following along, I love all your witty comments. :goodvibes

I love, love, love your engagement story!!!!!:rotfl: It's absolutely adorable. Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to following your wedding. :banana:

Just signing on to say congratulations!!!! :goodvibes I loved your engagement story!! I got engaged in WDW as well (after dropping a zillion hints to my own DF!). We are part of a lucky bunch-it really is an amazing place to get engaged! :lovestruc

We are using Randy Chapman as well. I love your groom Mickey ears! I"m making my DF wear the top hat Mickey ears for a few pictures after the ceremony....he's not too happy about wearing them but hey, it's WDW-you have to wear your ears!!!

What town are you from in New York? My DF grew up in Hudson Falls & he says the same thing about Saratoga Springs Resort!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading more about your planning!!

Wow what a day yesterday. Computer died two weeks ago, everything reinstalled and everything was looking good. DF forgot,however, to install some sort of spyware and now I am fighting 30 viruses on this thing. Tried to craft yesterday and stabbed myself with a butter knife and cut through 1/4 of my nail. Please, dont ask why I was doing a craft with a butter knife... bad decision. Last night I also had a dream that we got down to Disney for the wedding and found out we had no money and could not pay for it. I woke up in cold sweats last night. I have a feeling this dream may happen often However :lmao: .On a happier note it looks like we are going the first thing in October for our PS. Our STD's are still a work in progress but coming along . and I am happy enough with one craft that I am going to post a pic of it. Mine you this is only a trial sample. I thought I would look for some feedback though.

0813000956.jpg

0813000957.jpg

I was thinking I might be able to use them as wedding favors but not certain if they are cute enough or if Disney will allow me to use them.

Great job with those favour boxes! They are adorable and I really think that they would work. You did an amazing job, and sometimes crafting comes with injury so don't sweat it lol I hope you get your computer situation sorted our real soon!

Those favor boxes are adorable! I would use them for sure...they're great.

I have totally given up on being crafty...once in a while I get out all the scrapbook gear and give it a go, but that's the extent of it all these days...sigh.

I love everything so far!!! I love the cute mickey favor boxes!!! Those are sooo cute!!:)

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Love your favor boxes. They are adorable. You did a great job!!! Congratulations on the sucessful crafting!!

Ah! Those boxes are so cute!
I love!

Joining in a little late but I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful plans.
Congrats on getting your planner, it is so exciting, isn't it?

And about crafts and injuries... I burnt my index finger with super hot glue from the hot glue gun a week ago wedding crafting myself. It is my first wedding craft flesh wound, but I am sure there will be more to come, I am a klutz, so I feel your pain.

The favor box is GREAT! And you said you aren't crafty. If you wanted to do something different and disney...you could even have your ring bearer carry it down the isle with your rings in it. I think it is that great.

:rotfl: And you said you weren't crafty? :love: The favor box is beautiful!!! They are so amazing.

Would you mind posting instructions as to what you did for it?

Hello! I am just now joining to follow your celebraton. My partner and I had a non-Disney ceremony 8 years ago but now that I have her Disney-ized we are thinking of a commitment ceremony renewal for our 10 year on DCL. So, I am starting my stalking ahem, I mean reading to get great ideas. I have a cricut and am not afraid to use it. :)

Anyway, congrats to you!

Your proposal was so adorable, I love that you still got your Disney proposal, so sweet.

I'm a bit late but welcome and happy planning. I'm also a DIY failure. If I cant buy it already made I will not attempt to make it myself. No way, lol.

So Sorry I have not responded but computer keeps giving problems but going to give it a shot today.

Those favor boxes are adorable! I would use them for sure...they're great.

I have totally given up on being crafty...once in a while I get out all the scrapbook gear and give it a go, but that's the extent of it all these days...sigh.
Thanks. If I use them I have to decide what to put into them. I should not be allowed to craft and I should be banned from Michaels. They keep selling me stuff. It is Michaels fault

I love everything so far!!! I love the cute mickey favor boxes!!! Those are sooo cute!!:)

Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Love your favor boxes. They are adorable. You did a great job!!! Congratulations on the sucessful crafting!!

Ah! Those boxes are so cute!
I love!

Thank you all for commenting on the boxes. They have been my only semi success to date for wedding crafts.

Joining in a little late but I can't wait to hear all about your wonderful plans.
Congrats on getting your planner, it is so exciting, isn't it?

And about crafts and injuries... I burnt my index finger with super hot glue from the hot glue gun a week ago wedding crafting myself. It is my first wedding craft flesh wound, but I am sure there will be more to come, I am a klutz, so I feel your pain.

I understand the quote "no pain, no gain" and you can justify a hot glue gun accident (remember when you burn your fingers with a hot glue gun..... never put your finger in your mouth.... I am just saying .... not that I have ever done that :goodvibes). I, however, shold never have been using a butter knife for a craft... what was I thinking :confused3

You should sell those boxes, I would be right up front to order them!

Before you try to buy them I need to get the glitter to stay on in a more permanent manner. If a butterfly flaps its wings in the Magic Kingdom half of it will fall off :rotfl: Martha Stewart I am not.

:rotfl: And you said you weren't crafty? :love: The favor box is beautiful!!! They are so amazing.

Would you mind posting instructions as to what you did for it?

Once I can figure out how to get the glitter to stop falling off the boxes, and the ears on more secure,I will gladly post what I did. It was only a mockup to see if it could even be done.

The favor box is GREAT! And you said you aren't crafty. If you wanted to do something different and disney...you could even have your ring bearer carry it down the isle with your rings in it. I think it is that great.

I have three boys under the age of 7 not so certain I will trust them with the rings, but yes that is an adorable and a larger box could even be used with a small pillow in it. See everyone on this board has great ideas I would have never thought of. You are all the best. Oh shoot we still have to get rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my partner and I are obviously not your typical couple and we face some different challenges to get married. First of all most states will not allow us to get married. These state include New York (where we live) and Florida. We plan on getting married in VT (only a few minutes away and where it is legal)before we head to Disney. We will be having only immediate family for the VT cremony. Disney is obviously where the Pomp and Circumstance will be,but, this is also only going to be close family and friends because of money restrictions. My father and sister have been asking what our plans were going to be for those we did not invite to Disney. Because Disney is a destination wedding I know alot of the Brides and Grooms on here have had a celebration party when they come home. Jeff and I were discussing it and if we do have a party it would be our third celebration. I like the idea of inviting our extended family to celebrate our commitment to each other, however, is a third celebration too much and does it look like we are just fishing for gifts? Thoughts?????????? Plus OMG do I have it in me to plan one more party? party:

I think in your situation, people should be more understanding since you NEED to go to specific places to get married. Maybe you could have an informal at home celebration rather than getting dressed up again, etc. I think if it is more like an open house, snacks, look at pictures event, it will be a lot easier. I know I didn't want to go through making new favors, new centerpieces, etc. type of event. It depends on what you want, though.

I agree with Lulu, do an in-home party/celebration for those unable to attend (if you've got the space). I just think it'll make it easier on yourself. You could easily try to keep it in the Disney theme for the party, so those guests can feel as if they are included in your wedding celebration. I mean who says you can't continue the party at home? :)

Maybe even if you just make one or two extra of whatever little crafts you are making. Like the Mickey box, if you're making let's say 5 for the Disney wedding, it won't hurt to make two extra to keep at home to use to decorate the house. And you know you'll find lots of various stuff at Disney that you can use to decorate the place. I think this may make it a littler easier to plan a 3rd event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter