January 1st, 2014 GOAAAAALLLLLLLL....

Geez...Louise!! I switched resorts again!!! Contemporary Resort is ALWAYS the cheapest Deluxe for a family of five, when trying to nab a standard view today I found that Beach Club was cheaper by $120! That would help us cover tips for dining...so now we are at Beach Club, have no clue if we'll stay there, it's always going to be whichever is cheaper!! Hoping to book the Free Dining Monday, waiting for announcement to come out!

I am AVOIDING the chocolate chip cookies my daughters made!! My dh ate one, but I will NOT eat one!!

I even think I'll get on the treadmill and do 2 more miles today that will be over 95 minutes today of exercise!

Hi just read your journal-you are doing amazing!!!!!!! You will def. be ready for Sept.

I know the feeling of having teens and getting that vacation in before they all head off to school-mine are 21 and 19 and are still interested in going on DCL and WDW-I love it!!!!!!

Linda

Hi just read your journal-you are doing amazing!!!!!!! You will def. be ready for Sept.

I know the feeling of having teens and getting that vacation in before they all head off to school-mine are 21 and 19 and are still interested in going on DCL and WDW-I love it!!!!!!

Linda

Thank you! That is so sweet and can I just say thank you for living such a wonderful example of being active!! I can only dream of booking a marathon or race like that! I can actually see myself doing a 5k right now, I've done a few walking ones in the past, but last night on the treadmill, I actually ran for a good 1/4 mile..that's about as long a stint as I can do but I do walk really fast, (4.0) I have bad knees and was always afraid to run, but it felt GREAT to run last night for that little bit! No pain!!

Too soon my kids will be up and out...my life is consumed with their schedules! Driving 4 hours this morning to see my son row in the Southeast Regional Finals!! He is sooo excited! I am thankful all my kids have a healthy hobby (two girls compete in Irish dance) but overall, other than the workouts they have for rowing/dance, they're really not that active...even with the horses you'd think we'd be going all the time but so much rain has kept us from riding lately...we saw a movie where a family (The Big Year- HIGHLY recommend) were racing each other on the slopes..I could never see us doing that in past years, but we all agreed we want to be an ACTIVE family! Getting this weight off will go a long way for that!

I think I need to sign us up for some half marathons! :)
Keep up the amazing job, mom!!!

Hi thanks for the kind words! When I started running as an adult I ran aboout a 1/2 mile at a time.Not many people are born runners but you just work up to it. I have to say that doing the Disney full marathon in 2009 was an experience of a lifetime-you can't even imagine the emotion!!!!! It was awesome.

My DD21 is a college soccer player and will be playing this summer w the league just below the womens national team.My younger DD not really active-college freshman just finishing up.Wish she was more active but still in great shape- ah I remember those days.

I honestly have just recently been looking into the rowing club in this area for lessons.The water does tend to scare me out on the river like that tho,but what a workout that would be.

Have a great day-keep up the good work.

I have been thinking about doing another journal here but not many people stopping by as in years past-this got me through the full marathon training!!!!

Linda

Hi thanks for the kind words! When I started running as an adult I ran aboout a 1/2 mile at a time.Not many people are born runners but you just work up to it. I have to say that doing the Disney full marathon in 2009 was an experience of a lifetime-you can't even imagine the emotion!!!!! It was awesome.

My DD21 is a college soccer player and will be playing this summer w the league just below the womens national team.My younger DD not really active-college freshman just finishing up.Wish she was more active but still in great shape- ah I remember those days.

I honestly have just recently been looking into the rowing club in this area for lessons.The water does tend to scare me out on the river like that tho,but what a workout that would be.

Have a great day-keep up the good work.

I have been thinking about doing another journal here but not many people stopping by as in years past-this got me through the full marathon training!!!!

Linda

Yes! Keep a journal! It would certainly inspire me! I know finishing the marathon had to be incredible! :cheer2:

Awesome on daughter's soccer! That will keep you fit!!

Free dining saved our inspiration trip! Booked standard view at Contemporary, saved $2000 over what was going rate for availability at CR! So excited! Now to go take my April after picture!

FINISHED Jillian's 30 Day Shred!!!

So thrilled!! I made it 30 straight days, even the days I through my back out! Even while camping with 65 girls in American Heritage Girls! Even while having to get up at 4:30 to get my son to rowing practice or to a regatta! I am sooo OVER THE MOON!! I even added in many miles on the treadmill and nature trails!

I took my after picture today, but my computer says there is no scratch disc space to splice them on my photoshop, dh is out of town for 3 days so unless he can walk me through it, not sure I can get it done before then! But, besides my chest seeming larger (relatively speaking thanks to hormone crisis that is perimenopause!) everything else looks smaller!! Bulges not so big, tummy definitely pulling in and I notice it more on my side profile outside my horrendous arms...shirts are looser but I just hate looking at them..

I am going to measure today and keep track of measurements as well these last 4 months! The weather is doing crazy things here! We are usually swimming by now..but I'm freezing! Not complaining because have not had to use AC/Heat for over 30 days now!! But I would like to pack all these XL clothing (sweatshirts) and donate them! They are too big!! Heading to Mediums and Smalls!! :)

Awesome!!!!! I have done 30 day shred sporadically as a cross training tool more than anything and Jillian kicks your butt-good job!!!!!

The weather is a big motivating or non motivating factor for me.It has been gorgeous here but we need rain bad-looks like 4 days coming starting tomorrow. I will run today since I am working the next 2 days and I am a surgical RN on my feet x 10hrs, maybe 1/2 hr for lunch.Those days are out for exercise.

Keep up the great work-you are motivating me.

Linda

Awesome!!!!! I have done 30 day shred sporadically as a cross training tool more than anything and Jillian kicks your butt-good job!!!!!

The weather is a big motivating or non motivating factor for me.It has been gorgeous here but we need rain bad-looks like 4 days coming starting tomorrow. I will run today since I am working the next 2 days and I am a surgical RN on my feet x 10hrs, maybe 1/2 hr for lunch.Those days are out for exercise.

Keep up the great work-you are motivating me.

Linda

Happy Nurses' Week!!!

I know those 10 hour days are hard especially if they mess with your sleep, running on the days before will help you stay on the ready!!

Just finished the first day of Ripped in 30! I really like it even more than Shred, seems to give my upper body a more sustained workout...I weighed today and was STILL at 197!!! WHAT?? I know my body is morphing and with perimenopause (on day 15 of my cycle!! oh wait, I think that is day 16! UGH!) I just can't seem to get the swelling out of my chest, I feel like I am about to deliver a baby with these melons! I just hope there is a nice WHOOOSH at the end of this cycle! I am just keeping calories below 1200 and pludging (word?) through.

I know after these 30 days I will see a big change in my tail, these workouts really use the maximus muscles!

All right, be there or be square! Commit to workout and I am going to take one rest day a week like Jillian said (so glad she said that!) but on my one rest day I think I will do a full fast with just spinach smoothies and water/juices...I think that will help restore some good stuff and cleanse out the bad.

Last day of my Writing Classes!!! WOO HOO!!! Love my students!! All our homeschooled and all my seniors are going to amazing schools...so proud of them! I have over 40 students so lots of grading papers....I have one more set to grade and write end of the year reviews and will be done...then the hard work starts, each year I create my own curricula from scratch...I have a great plan for next year but it will require quite a bit of research and this year I will put the 350-400 curricula handbook on the Cloud for my students to print out...having to compile 40+ handbooks last year was soo much work!

It is like writing a book in a short amount of time, thinking of publishing it on Amazon and offering it to other homeschooling families to use at home...it is a joy to create but so labor intensive, I know it would benefit other families who hate teaching composition and literture! :)

So, our tradition is to let the senior class have their final class at Five Guys, also coincided with my cheat day of the month! YAHOO!! I had a junior cheeseburger loaded with veggies and half a regular fry...yummy! My junior students made homemade treats, I stuck to one homemade chocolate chip cookie...not bad for my one cheat for the month! I will have fish and salad for dinner.

Going to try and take a nap before heading to dance! Zzzzzz.

My April After pictures are up! I wish I could fix the lighting, taking them with the Ipad so it is hard to get it right..but I can tell a difference more in my side profile and front profile, my back profile looks the same just smaller by bits...it'll take a long time to whittle down these arms...I usually lose completely in the chest first so these pictures really show how this peri stuff is messing with me! I finally finished this month's cycle after 15 days!! However, my chest is still swollen, not sure when my body will release that! Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow...time to see that scale move!!

Linda! Exactly the SAME!!!! 197! It's like my body does not want to go below that number!! I am going to have to shake it up a bit this week and try some tried and true tactics..going to go salads for every lunch (just veggies with oil and vinegar) and then a piece of protein with a veggie for dinner...I am really at a 'loss' for why this is happening, other than being really bloated and just coming off a 16 day cycle!! It just ended Wednesday!! Everything is still bloated, mainly my chest and gut....but all clothes are loose so I'm just rolling with it and expecting a big whoosh next week...surely my body has to adjust to this perimenopause in a positive way!

I am REALLY REALLY sore today, Wednesday I did 5 hours of cleaning out the garage with my teens....with all four of us working pulling every item out of the garage, hosing it down, sorting, trashing, we put it all back together....it was tiring...

Then yesterday we weeded for 3 hours! I was hunched over for so long that my hamstrings feel ripped for sure! So, it could be a 2 pound loss this week but all that muscle inflammation may have set the scale off a bit...oh well, it wasn't a gain, so I'm happy to keep looking down!!

Free dining saved our inspiration trip! Booked standard view at Contemporary, saved $2000 over what was going rate for availability at CR! So excited! Now to go take my April after picture!

Woohoo to the Contemporary! That is DH's dream resort. Hopefully we can swing it in 2015 when we go for Star Wars Weekends. I checked out your April pics! I can definitely see a difference in your back and legs. The lighting is different so it made it hard but you can definitely see it. Have you measured yet?

FINISHED Jillian's 30 Day Shred!!!

So thrilled!! I made it 30 straight days, even the days I through my back out! Even while camping with 65 girls in American Heritage Girls! Even while having to get up at 4:30 to get my son to rowing practice or to a regatta! I am sooo OVER THE MOON!! I even added in many miles on the treadmill and nature trails!

I took my after picture today, but my computer says there is no scratch disc space to splice them on my photoshop, dh is out of town for 3 days so unless he can walk me through it, not sure I can get it done before then! But, besides my chest seeming larger (relatively speaking thanks to hormone crisis that is perimenopause!) everything else looks smaller!! Bulges not so big, tummy definitely pulling in and I notice it more on my side profile outside my horrendous arms...shirts are looser but I just hate looking at them..

I am going to measure today and keep track of measurements as well these last 4 months! The weather is doing crazy things here! We are usually swimming by now..but I'm freezing! Not complaining because have not had to use AC/Heat for over 30 days now!! But I would like to pack all these XL clothing (sweatshirts) and donate them! They are too big!! Heading to Mediums and Smalls!! :)
Congrats on finishing the 30day shred! That is quite the accomplishment! I really want to start doing that one. How did measurements go? I am so sorry the scale seems stuck at 197. Perhaps you are really gaining alot of muscle doing all that awesome exercise and you are getting stronger and ultimately the pounds will start coming off but right now you are busy gaining muscle!

Keep up the good work. I am following along (i get subscription sent to my email) but I don't always get a chance to actually visit the boards to post. So know I am cheering you on with every post.

You can do it!!!!! :banana:

Well I know that feeling all too well.The scale-ugh! They say don't rely on that but on how your clothes feel, I am such a visual person I need the scale to motivate me too.

Great job on the weeding and garage -that is an awesome accomplishment.I have been on a clean out frenzy here too.

You never know what is going to drop the pounds-yesterday I had my normal Tosca Reno CC and protein meals but also had a med vanilla soft serve w sprinkles and a Tollhouse choc chip cookie bar and am down 1.2 lbs-go figure???

With all the fluid retention of course drink loads of h2o to flush out your system but also drink green tea- that extra fluid will be gone-plain,few cups a day.

Have a great Mothers day!!!!

Linda

You guys make me feel sooo much better!! I was livid yesterday at the scale but all my clothes are so much looser so that made me feel better, I just needed a cheat DAY (not a cheat MEAL) I think I've got it out of my system...had one scrambled egg for breakfast, lunch was a slice of Pizza at Sam's Club (650 calories) then I came home and caved on a blueberry muffin my daughter had made for breakfast, with one teaspoon butter...(250 calories)...then went out to eat with a gift certificate at Applebee's....had french onion soup but only the cheese, the soup was awful...then had a wedge lettuce salad, less than 10 bites mostly lettuce..figure all that was 300 calories...2 potato skins and 1/2 dessert...(400 calories) WOW!! After eating less than 1200 calories a day for over 30 days this was a LOT! But I needed it...I just needed a day where I could not think of the scale/eating and also took a day off of exercise...I am back in mental mode of losing now....no more worries...but a clear sign I like to eat when I'm stressed!!

I had a piece of whole grain toast and 1 TBS peanut butter for breakfast, lunch will be salad with veggies/oil/vinegar and dinner will be the spinach smoothie...snacks will be a bit of almonds....it actually feels so much better to eat this way than yesterday, just had to get it out of my system!!!

Just finished week one of Ripped in 30!!! YAHOO!!

I need to up my treadmill time or cardio time but feel stronger!! I had a Zaxby's salad for lunch as my 'treat' for Mother's Day...had a few blackberries, slice of turkey and a bit of banana for dinner, am out of spinach/kale so had to improvise on dinner...

Finally, finalized plans for our September trip! Was able to convince son to sleep with dh and youngest daughter is excited about the small bed at POR...she thinks it's 'neat' ....finally found someone who had a child 5'6 sleep on it and they loved it...so we saved $1100 by switching to POR from CR and even added an extra day since the free dining would really help us..no need to priceline that last night at the airport hotel...we will now spend 7 nights at Disneyworld!! So excited! Believe we have the final restaurant choices lined up...here is where we will go!

Ragland Road
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Cape May Buffet
TRex
Sci Fi

Now, those meals should keep me focused on eating well and right the next 4 months!! We travel on the 10th so that gives me 4 extra days to get in the 150s!! :) I am so excited!!

All I can say is I am GLAD there are only 5 more days of Ripped Week 2!! Goodness by golly if those planks are not sheer torture!! I sweated up a storm!

On a better note, I think my estrogen/progesterone levels are starting to go back to some semblance of stasis...finally feel like I am losing some of that water retention, my exercise top was much looser today and had no tenderness at all!! AMEN!! I should see the scale move if only from the water release!!

Had raisin bran for breakfast, 6 blackberries for snack, lunch was 6 grilled chicken nuggets from CFA, then had 2 skin fries from my daughter's order..she saves the skin fries for me, they taste more like baked potato so figure it was not that bad...then I had a handful of peanuts for snack...dinner will be spinach smoothie, which reminds me I need to run to the store!!

Our momma feral cat has moved 3 of her kittens! We have the other two safely in our screened in porch...now we're on a mission to find the babies!! UGH!! They are almost 6 weeks old and have a foster family ready to take them all..but now can't find them! :(

All kittens are now safe and sound in our screened in porch..we have a family who will foster them and see that they get good homes...we are on the go so much that it is so hard for us to take care of them....they are adorable! We have found homes for over 12 kittens the past 6 years living on the farm...hoping we might catch the momma and get her spayed..our county puts down feral cats they won't fix/restore to wild...which many states do...:(

I am feeling SMALLER!!! Each day I feel a bit tighter in areas and a bit stronger in others...my knees do not hurt, my back is feeling 95% better..only hurts when I have to do some of the ab crunches on Ripped. Did pretty well on food yesterday! Proud of myself!

Breakfast was 2 egg omelet with 1 slice bacon and onions/slice of provolone...after last night's kale shake I needed some protein! :) Finished day two of week two of Ripped...not getting easier!! About to hop on treadmill for 2 miles then play with the kittens! :)

Have I made it 3 weeks yet? No Diet Dr. pepper or any sodas for awhile now! I think I have managed to make it a habit!! I can not say that all urges to go get one have ended, but happy to have made it this far...yahoo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter