January 2012 Car Rentals

Grumpy Grandma

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any discount codes for January 2012? Or if you have already rented a car ... details please.

going in January, but have not reserved a car yet. Still trying to get a good rate for my October trip that starts in 2 weeks and the rates are very high. I'll be looking for a rental for Jan. 18-28. Last January I got a great price, so hoping for a repeat in 2012.

I have had luck getting great prices on hotwire.com...but I think I usually wait until about 4-6 weeks before the trip.

GOOD LUCK

I have a full size car reserved for 1/8-15th with Alamo with a rate of $391.58 using a coupon from BJ's wholesale. I am hopeful that the price will come down between now and then.

I have an economy car reserved with National for December 31st - January 7th for $185 ($250.78 taxes and fees included) . This is with the Amex code 5125601.

Hoping for a MUCH better rate (at which point, I will commit to a larger car) closer to our date of travel. That said, if it gets no better than this, we can still live with this price.

If anyone sees any deals or codes for SUV or Minivan, I'd love to hear them.
We don't pack light and have a stroller so the larger cars really help.

We are going Jan 7 to Jan 16. Currently the best I can find is ~$400 before the fees (~$45/day). I've been bidding on priceline in the mid-30s without any luck.

I'll let you know if I find a deal, in the meantime I'm just hoping the prices drop.
Thanks!

Just reserved an economy car at Payless Car (not my favorite since you have to take a shuttle from the airport) for Jan 7th - Jan 14th for total including all fees and taxes for $129.14.

I'm watching too ! :surfweb:
We need a suv or mini van for 3 weeks.. 1/21/12-2/11/12. 1st 2 weeks is for my wife and I alone. Then the last week we will need something big enough for the 2 of us, daughter,her husband, small granddaughter and all of there stuff. :confused3 probally will try to get a smaller car or suv for the 1st 2 weeks and then when we pickup the kids up, rent a larger van or suv.. We'll have to see what the deals are at that time.. Looking forward to hear what you all get.

Happy to find this thread! We are just looking to get an economy or compact for 1/14 - 1/20 and so far can't find anything less that $205 - and that's using Payless, and they don't have a counter at MCO so we'd have to take a shuttle. I have signed up with all the bigger companies for their rewards programs and/or email lists. Hoping to find better deals as the trip draws closer - I am seeing great deals for October right now and hope that carries over into January.

Happy to find this thread! We are just looking to get an economy or compact for 1/14 - 1/20 and so far can't find anything less that $205 - and that's using Payless, and they don't have a counter at MCO so we'd have to take a shuttle. I have signed up with all the bigger companies for their rewards programs and/or email lists. Hoping to find better deals as the trip draws closer - I am seeing great deals for October right now and hope that carries over into January.

Yes I'd love some of those October deals!!! As I said I currently have a car reserved for 1/7-1/14 but I need one for 1/14-1/21 .... here's hoping for great discounts! :thumbsup2

If anyone sees any deals or codes for SUV or Minivan, I'd love to hear them.
We don't pack light and have a stroller so the larger cars really help.

We are going Jan 7 to Jan 16. Currently the best I can find is ~$400 before the fees (~$45/day). I've been bidding on priceline in the mid-30s without any luck.

I'll let you know if I find a deal, in the meantime I'm just hoping the prices drop.
Thanks!

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total is $385.69 inc taxes and after $30 coupon is applied when you return vehicle.

I just had priceline deal come through.

My search was for a standar SUV for 9 days (1/7 to 1/16). My bid that was accepted was $35/day. The total with taxes/fees for the 9 days is $447. The reservation is with Hertz.

I don't think it is a great deal. I was originally hoping for $30/day but based on the rates that I was seeing I started to increase my bid. I had been bidding in the $34 or $35 everyday for the pass week. If I had to guess, I just got impatient and if I waited longer I probably could have done better. That's one downside of priceline, you are locked in, so you have to live with your decision even when you read/see others getting better deals later.
The best I could find previous was with Alamo for ~$550, I saved over $100, so I'm happy.

FYI.. Priceline said I could update to a mini-van for $2/day more.

Good luck to all getting a better deal. Jeff.

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity public code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total is $385.69 inc taxes and after $30 coupon is applied when you return vehicle.

Of course I don't see this until after posting my result. Thanks for the information. DOH!

autoslash.com gave me a rate of $104 for 4 days for an intermediate car... I was very happy with that! :yay: the original rate was $117 and then it emailed me the next day and said it found the lower rate of $104!!:banana:

I got thrifty Wildcard for $34.99 day. Jan 1-4th. Total $159. I am really wanting a convertible. We will be done our Disney cruise and in to Ft. Lauderdale / Hollywood Beach.....

In March I got the convertible for $49 . I was happy enough with that and am hoping something comes up for the same ....

Charleyann:santa:

Does anyone have any discount codes for January 2012? Or if you have already rented a car ... details please.

Looking for some good rates as well! I have had great luck with Priceline or Rental Car Mama codes in the past! Just gotta wait to book my flight before I can book the car! I'll keep watching the post :thumbsup2

I got thrifty Wildcard for $34.99 day. Jan 1-4th. Total $159. I am really wanting a convertible. We will be done our Disney cruise and in to Ft. Lauderdale / Hollywood Beach.....

In March I got the convertible for $49 . I was happy enough with that and am hoping something comes up for the same ....

What's the Thrifty Wildcard?

Our rental period (December 31 - January 7th) doesn't seem to be budging one bit (currently booked with an economy car for $185 plus taxes and fees with National, with all "new" rates much, much higher....saw one for $700+ yesterday :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:), so I continue to look for other options.

We are looking as well...picking up a car in Tampa 1/6 and dropping off at mco on 1/15...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter