JaxTeach's Wedding & Honeymoon TR: 6/11 Day 1 Honeymoon Added!

From one Jaclyn to another.. Congrats!! i've been searching for different trip reports and i love hearing about weddings at WDW so I decided to look at this board!!! i'm so jealous that you went to Paris!!!
Enjoying reading your report!

I'm finally getting around to more of my TR. I've been out of commission for a bit as my back issues have flared up the last couple of weeks. Since I'm resting when I'm not working I decided to finish up my TR... and we finally got our Randy pics! :woohoo: I hope I don't bore everyone to tears!

Friday, December 14 ~Wedding Day & My 30th Birthday!!~
I took a Melatonin the night before because I knew I had to sleep the night before our wedding! It did the trick and I slept like a baby. I woke up around 8:00am, sat on our balcony for a while and played around online. I then took my shower (which I would later question why I didn’t do this the night before for the sake of my hair!). My cousin was with me and slept forever. I kept waking her up and finally told her I was going to get breakfast. She finally got up and we walked down to the Boardwalk Bakery and joined the long line. Before we left I called to make sure my mom and niece were on their way from the rental house.

While waiting in the very long Bakery line, my mother called as she was “lost.” She wasn’t, she just wanted me to be her personal turn-by-turn navigation system! As a side note, even with all of our Disney trips, I get lost on property as DH always drives. I managed to yell directions into my phone, which I’m sure the other guests loved. The woman makes it impossible to know where she is! I would say “Is there a gas station on your left?” “No… it’s just a road, wait, yes there’s a gas station down a little.” Argh!!

My mom informs me that they have not eaten breakfast (and why do we get a rental house???) so I needed to order for them. So I order a bunch of muffins, a pain au chocolat for me and more drinks than I can carry. My cousin and I meet my mom in the lobby and we go upstairs to feast on our carbs. Yum!

As we’re finishing our “breakfast,” Anna calls to say she is parking her car and will be right up. Right… so I have SUPER thick hair which is still not dry! I start freaking out and blow-drying my hair. It was still a bit damp when Anna came in and looked like a freakin’ lion’s mane! I was so scared she was going to get on to me for having wet-ish hair, so I apologized profusely. She was very nice about it. I showed her the inspiration photos for my hair and we were off.

JaclynGettinghairdone.jpg

Vendor review: Anna from Makeover Magic did a nice job with my hair and make-up. I can’t say that I loved what she did, but she did what I asked. I really had no clue what I really wanted for my hair, so I can’t exactly complain. My hair is a curse to me due to the texture and thickness, so I’m happy with anyone who makes it look not awful! Anna was very personable and joked around with all of us. She even helped us bug my cousin who took the longest shower known to man that morning.

After my hair & make-up, Anna did my mom’s. My mom was free from a Mother’s Day promotion Anna had on her website. My mom kept saying she didn’t want anyone touching her hair or make-up, but she was really loving having it done.

My cousin started doing my niece’s hair during this time. Since my cousin is not a professional she was taking forever, which of course is torture for a little girl. I asked Summer (my niece) if she wanted Anna to do her hair too, but she didn’t. That is one thing I wish I would have forced because Summer’s hair was never finished.

SummerGettingReady.jpg

So I paid Anna and scheduled to have her come back Sunday morning for our MK pictures. My mom and I left to find hairspray for Becki to use on Summer’s hair. We found a small bottle of Tresemme at the little shop near the BW lobby (in case you need some too! :) ). While walking around, I saw Randy outside the lobby snapping away pictures of Holly81 (she got married at 12:00). I didn’t want to spoil her time so I walked really quickly.

By the time we returned to the room, Randy had made his way up. We actually met him as we were getting off the elevator. When we got to the room, Summer was in tears. She wasn’t allowing Becki to touch her hair anymore. I told her it was fine and we threw her flowergirl headband on. Randy was so funny and it’s nice the way he just jumps into the family.

My Wedding Hoodie
WeddingHoodie.jpg

Summer & I attempting to get ready....
SummerJaclyngettingready.jpg

Hanging my dress up for Randy pics
Beforeweddingdress.jpg

It was after 1:30 by this time. None of the girls were dressed. My brother, dad and nephew arrived barging into our room saying “The wedding crashers are here!!” This part of the day is so blurry to me! I know that I had my undergarments on so I told my mom and Becki to finish dressing. We threw Summer’s flower girl dress on. My dad and brother had to dress me. They got the dress over my head. Then my brother put my shoes on for me. They both tied my sash. They also put my veil in. I still think it’s funny that men dressed me on my wedding day!

After Summer and I were dressed, we along with the boys went out on the balcony to take a few pics.

DadTommybeforewedding.jpg

SummerJaclynbeforewedding.jpg
SummerTommybeforewedding.jpg

Around 2:15pm Karen, our WP, calls to say they are ready for me. I tell her we’re not completely ready, but we’ll be down in about 5 minutes. So now I’m yelling that everyone needs to get dressed and downstairs. I send the boys down with the boutinnieres so Karen can pin them. Everyone is finally dressed and we head downstairs.

WalkingtoBWILobby.jpg

BWILobbybeforeWedding.jpg

The event board displaying our wedding
Holt-BoozSigninsideBWI.jpg

I meet our planner (Karen) for the first time and Randy was also there. Randy started snapping everyone’s picture. Karen briefly goes over what we’re going to do and we start our long walk to SBP.

JaclynBWIBalcony.jpg

My Bouquet provided by Whimsical Wey
WhimsicalWeyBouquet.jpg

You can see my blue crinoline!
WalkingDownStairsBWI.jpg

WalkingtoSBP.jpg

SummerJaclynwalkingtoSBP.jpg

You can see that my nephew is already having a bad day in this pic... it would get worse in mere minutes!
TommyUpsetbeforewedding.jpg

To be continued...

I am sorry your back is acting up...but glad you will be adding to your TR! You made a beautiful bride!

danielle

Hi Jacyln,

I'm really enjoying your TR so far! That's so cool that you saw me with Randy. It was really sweet of you not to want to intrude, but actually I would have loved to have met you! I actually think that it's only Disney that freaks out about two brides seeing each other. We all know how many weddings Disney hosts and harbor no illusions of being the only bride that day...:rotfl:

I am glad to see that you were pleased with Anna overall. I think she did a nice job on your hair and make-up, even if it wasn't 100% what you hoped for. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself... I actually wound up washing off the make-up she did and re-doing it myself I was so displeased. My hair was pretty bad too, and my hair is easy to work with! The photos on her web site were great and her reviews on the boards were always good so I'm not quite sure what happened there...

Randy was great, though, wasn't he? He is so funny and personable! I am glad we were both able to book him that day.

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes

I'm just catching up on your TR. I love the pictures so far. The one with your blue crinnie is fantastic!

I am sorry your back is acting up...but glad you will be adding to your TR! You made a beautiful bride!

danielle

Thank you for reading! I'm going to attempt to finish it up this weekend... we'll see how it goes!

oh yay! i love crinnie pics! it looked great!

i can't wait to read about dlp!
I can't wait to get to the DLP part of our TR! I loved my crinoline... so glad I did it!

Hi Jacyln,

I'm really enjoying your TR so far! That's so cool that you saw me with Randy. It was really sweet of you not to want to intrude, but actually I would have loved to have met you! I actually think that it's only Disney that freaks out about two brides seeing each other. We all know how many weddings Disney hosts and harbor no illusions of being the only bride that day...:rotfl:

I am glad to see that you were pleased with Anna overall. I think she did a nice job on your hair and make-up, even if it wasn't 100% what you hoped for. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself... I actually wound up washing off the make-up she did and re-doing it myself I was so displeased. My hair was pretty bad too, and my hair is easy to work with! The photos on her web site were great and her reviews on the boards were always good so I'm not quite sure what happened there...

Randy was great, though, wasn't he? He is so funny and personable! I am glad we were both able to book him that day.

I look forward to reading more! :goodvibes
That's awful that your hair & make-up didn't turn out so well. I don't have any complaints, but I wasn't sure what I wanted either. I do think that my eyes were too dark... my eyes are small to begin with and I had a lot of dark liner and mascara on which doesn't help.

DH went to Epcot the morning of our wedding and called to say there was a wedding going on... I was telling him that it was one of the DIS girls!

Randy was great to work with. I guess we worked him all day. He was with us until 10pm that night! I love how he jumps right into the family. He certainly eases any tension that might be going on.

I'm just catching up on your TR. I love the pictures so far. The one with your blue crinnie is fantastic!
Thank you for reading! I've been bad about finishing my TR... I had such high hopes of finishing it the week we returned from France.

Wedding Ceremony continued...

I don’t remember much of our walk. I know lots of people were looking at us which made me somewhat uncomfortable so I kept talking to Summer about silly things. I was so glad to have my niece, nephew, brother, and dad with me. I can honestly say that I did not get nervous at all before the ceremony. I do not enjoy being the center of attention so I really think we had a perfect wedding for our personalities!

My cousin snapped a shot of us walking to SBP along the Boardwalk
WalkingtoSBPfromSBP.jpg

Dan awaiting his impending doom...
DanAwaitinghisimpendingdoom.jpg

We finally arrived at SBP and I met Rev. Day. He had fun talking to Summer and Tommy. At this point Summer and Tommy were both holding my hand. Karen was telling us how we would take the walk.

Doing the Disney 2-finger point
AskingKarenhowtowalk.jpg

Giving my nephew a thumbs-up, thinking he was ok with his job
GivingTommythethumbsup.jpg

My brother would go first, followed by Summer and Tommy and then me & Dad. My brother begins walking, then we tell the kids to go… but Tommy doesn’t want to walk alone—he wants me to walk with him. Under normal circumstances this would happen, but I tried telling him I couldn’t that I had to go with Papa (my dad). Tommy got so upset so I told him to walk with his dad. So at this point Tommy takes off running up the aisle. The pictures of this are my absolute favorites from our wedding day because they are SO Tommy!

Tommy running to catch up with his dad
Tommyuptheaisle2.jpg

My nephew... we could hear him crying my entire walk up the aisle!
Tommycrying.jpg

Our flower girl... she didn't drop many petals, but she did a good job walking by herself
Summeruptheaisle.jpg

I didn’t quite understand how to walk so Karen had Kathleen (who was also present at our ceremony) motion for us when it was time to make the turn to come up the center aisle. My dad and I started our walk and I remember laughing because my nephew was so upset with me not walking with him.

Walking with my Dad
UptheAislewDad.jpg

Almost to the "alter"
SeeingDan.jpg

We made it to Dan and our ceremony began. We had asked Rev. Day to thank our parents as both sets have remained married for 30+ years. We also had him say something in remembrance of Dan’s grandparents and my Grandma. I wrote our ceremony based upon the one’s Rev. Day sent and other things I found online. We had a Hands Ceremony, exchange of vows, exchange of rings, and a Rose Ceremony. Rev. Day did an excellent job sticking to the “script.” I was a little apprehensive about that. The only thing he changed was at the end of our Rose Ceremony he asked that we give the roses to our mothers, which I thought was a nice touch.

Hands Ceremony
Ceremonypic.jpg

Rose Ceremony
RoseCeremony.jpg

Ring Ceremony
RingCeremony.jpg

Various photo at SBP
SBP.jpg

What I remember most about the ceremony is that it was pretty stinkin’ hot for December! I had sweat running down my legs (sorry TMI, but it’s true!). I kept moving my legs to try to cool them off. There were also a lot of Friendship boats and other boats in Crescent Lake that afternoon! After the ceremony we all laughed about the number of boats that went by. I also remember signaling to Dan which finger to place my ring on… and I shoved his ring on to make sure it wouldn’t come off!

We were now husband and wife. We made our way back down the aisle and waited for further instructions from our planner. I was so glad the ceremony was over, although I wasn’t nearly as uncomfortable standing in front of our families as I anticipated. I knew we were both looking forward to the rest of our day!

Walkingbackdowntheaisle.jpg

Up next… Lots of photos, California Grill reception, Dessert Party, vendor reviews

Enjoying your trip report so far..... you looked great! Little ones always add a little excitement to a wedding -things to remember. sounds like everything went
pretty well (hair can always be an issue). Looking forward to reading more. Congrats too!

HI Jaclyn :)

I just got finished reading your TR so far.

Firstly sorry to hear your back is playing up, hope you feel better soon.

I thought Anna did a great job and you looked lovely - LOVE the blue crinolin, fabulous idea!!! Your bouquet was so pretty. OMG I saw in your little montage as well your amazing pink blouse for the Honeymoon Shoot LOVE IT!!

The Grooms cake looked lovely they really did a great job!

Can't wait to hear about your honeymoon too as well as the rest of the recaps.

Best regards

More gorgeous photos! Looks like you all did a fabulous job!
Sorry it was a bit warm....I suppose it is better than rain, though!

danielle

jaclyn,

the pic of your nephew is hilarious. he'll look at that in 20 years and roll his eyes! i love kids, they're spontaneity is so funny!

Oh, Jaclyn! Everything looked so perfect. You looked gorgeous! I love the blue crinoline -- that is so individual and I am so happy everything came together so beautifully! Congratulations! :hug: Can't wait to see more!

Great TR and Pics!! Can't wait to hear more. I am especially interested to hear all about Paris!

Hi Jaclyn!

Loving your TR so far! I'm sorry that you didn't love your hair/makeup that day, but you looked beautiful! And you flower girl is so cute! I love how her dress matched yours. Can't wait to hear more!

I am enjoying your TR and can't wait to read about DLP. I was in Paris last year but I didn't get a chance to go. The pictures are great especially the one of you walking down the stairs with your crinnie showing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter