Jersey Week

snuggles0124

Earning My Ears
I have got Reservations for Disney French Quarter for Nov 7-13, Can someone tell me if that is Jersey Week & If anyone has gone Is it that bad

Teachers Convention ("Jersey Week") is November 5-6, then add to that Election Day on 11/3. We've gone last few years and it wasn't TOO bad but definitely busier than average especially as you got closer to the weekend due to Veterans Day the following Monday but looking at this year's calendar it looks like Veterans Day is Wednesday 11/11 so maybe it wont be as bad.

Last edited:
Our favorite time to go now too as my kids are older and dont have to miss school. WE loved last year and are going again this year.

I was there during Jersey Week last year. I did not find crowds or FP availability to be an issue. Was overall pretty pleasant and I'd go that time of year again if that's what worked for my schedule.

Teachers Convention ("Jersey Week") is November 5-6, then add to that Election Day on 11/3. We've gone last few years and it wasn't TOO bad but definitely busier than average especially as you got closer to the weekend due to Veterans Day the following Monday but looking at this year's calendar it looks like Veterans Day is Wednesday 11/11 so maybe it wont be as bad.
It’s Wine & Dine race weekend 11/5-8

It’s Wine & Dine race weekend 11/5-8

We’ve never encountered a park crowd difference from the race - although I will add that we encountered a few obnoxiously loud families running and screaming down the hallways to one another early in the morning on race days but other than the occasional inebriated food and winers in Epcot never was bothered.

Expect average crowds as I don't think Jersey week makes much of a difference

Expect average crowds as I don't think Jersey week makes much of a difference

I think the crowds are okay. The price of flights from the NY/NJ area can be quite high, though. We're not in NJ, and I took my kids unwittingly in 2018 because they were off on Tuesday for election day and had half days the Monday before and the Wednesday after. I had never heard of Jersey week before Disboards, and was able to clue in a friend who was planning a Universal trip in the same timeframe and was flummoxed by the high price of flights compared to the surrounding weeks.

Race weekend did make some of the buses late, and I think it was MK that we almost missed RD due to race-related traffic in the morning.

As you can tell by my name, I'm from NJ and we've been to WDW on several trips during Jersey Week. We never found the crowds overwhelming. I think the beginning of your trip will probably be more crowded than the end with the W&D Race mixed in, but after the weekend it should calm down a bit.

That isn't Jersey Week. Jersey Week will be 11/2-11/6. A lot of people will stay until Sunday 11/8. In my district Monday and Wednesday are half days with election day (Tuesday) and that Thursday and Friday being full days off. Most here just take the entire week off.

I took DD in 2018 for 10 days (11/2-11/11) and she only had to miss the Friday before and the two half days. Crowds were manageable with a good plan. The only time the crowds were insane was the Saturday before Veteran's Day in Epcot. It was also the last weekend of F&W. It was absolutely insane. We stayed at BWV and left Sunday evening but I refused to even step foot into Epcot Sunday.

We were there during race weekend and didn't have any issues. We went to DHS the Sunday of race weekend and we passed the runners as we went in and we had to take a different way to get to ToT and RnRC at RD but it wasn't anything that bothered us. The Saturday of the races we went to AK and didn't have any issues.

It was also unseasonably warm in 2018. Lots of snowbirds at BWV were talking to us about how unusually hot it was for that time of year. We loved it since we used the pool almost everyday! The heat caught me a bit off guard but we enjoyed it.

As you can tell by my name, I'm from NJ and we've been to WDW on several trips during Jersey Week. We never found the crowds overwhelming. I think the beginning of your trip will probably be more crowded than the end with the W&D Race mixed in, but after the weekend it should calm down a bit.

We’ve been to Universal Jersey Week and the crowds seemed average. I’ve looked a few times at TP actuals in early Nov and have been hard pressed to identify which week is Jersey Week.
I think it is a very clever anti-marketing campaign by the cunning folks in Jersey to keep their week off manageable. :rolleyes1

Jersey Week probably felt worse years ago compared to the surrounding low crowd weeks. Now the weeks around it are much closer in attendance so the difference isn't as drastic.

Picking low crowd weeks still worked 5 yrs ago. I remember being at AK on a beautiful Sunday and it was absolutely empty. Today it's hard to find low crowds during pleasant weather. There's going to be some very crowded days no matter what. We try to figure out which days on our trip will have the lowest crowds and plan to get alot accomplished on those days.

I was there this past Jersey Week in 2019 from Nov 2-9 and I thought crowd levels were high but my perspective is different than some as this was my first trip in 20 yrs. Epcot at night with F&W was wall to wall people and we were there on a Monday night. Magic Kingdom was packed, the only additional FPs we could get were things like Magic Carpets, Small World, Dumbo and Barnstormer and we were there 3 different days during the week (including a MMVCP day). There were no extra FPs for any of the more popular rides in MK. That said, I am planning another trip during Jersey Week in Nov 2021 as my kids are off that entire week but this time I have a better understanding of what to expect.

I love jersey week and was there In 2016 for election day. No problems at all. Average lines, no huge crowds and the park is decorated for Christmas. I am from Jersey and a Teacher. Just remember it is Jersey week and you will run into Jersey people anywhere you go. If the Jersey attitude bothers you pick a different time of year to go. Otherwise it is like a big homecoming block party. I love it. I have been every year since 2015.

My last trip was the tail end of Jersey Week, 11/8 - 11/11 over Veterans Day weekend and the only times I saw ugly crowds were Saturday at Epcot (a given, Food & Wine weekend), and trying to rope drop FoP on a 9am opening.

If I had to pick a holiday to go over, Vets Day is not bad. A lot of schools don’t have it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter