Jet Blue fails again.

Robbie Cottam

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
over the years I have had my share of Jet Blue delayed flights, but for the most part that have gotten me and my party to and from on time and with no hassle.

However, every time I have used them in the last 3 years baggage claim has been at least a 45 minute ordeal. This has happened at multiple city pairs.

This current trip I landed in MCO at 930a left with bags in hand at 45.

Landed back in Boston 35 minutes ago and I have time to right this.

The belt for the dc flight that JetBlue reports as having landed at 9:01 just started at 9:59

Traveling now and going forward is... Expect a delay. You will be happy when it goes your way.

Flight delays, lost luggage, flights changed, luggage delays, issues on the plane. These are the normal now.

Carry on only here!! If I can’t fit it then I don’t need it.

However, for our big family trip this past October on JB, we had checked bags but had the opposite of you experience. Waited forever for luggage in MCO but it came right out in Boston.

over the years I have had my share of Jet Blue delayed flights, but for the most part that have gotten me and my party to and from on time and with no hassle.

However, every time I have used them in the last 3 years baggage claim has been at least a 45 minute ordeal. This has happened at multiple city pairs.

The belt for the dc flight that JetBlue reports as having landed at 9:01 just started at 9:59
Well you have time to proof read and correct your post while you are waiting!

I don't think it's a JetBlue problem. We had a flight back to BOS a few weeks ago that landed after 1am (thanks to delays) and we didn't get bags until after 2am. That was with United Airlines, though. And we had a similarly long wait coming into BOS on Hawaiian Airlines a few months ago, too. In the past, we've had long waits with Southwest at BOS.

Basically, baggage handling at BOS is terrible and has been for some time.

At 1 am I would expect all airlines to be short staffed.

I got my bags in 15 minutes or less on Every Delta flight, and United flight I have taken in the same time.

Traveling now and going forward is... Expect a delay. You will be happy when it goes your way.

Flight delays, lost luggage, flights changed, luggage delays, issues on the plane. These are the normal now.
Actually, other than JetBlue not in my world

At 1 am I would expect all airlines to be short staffed.

I got my bags in 15 minutes or less on Every Delta flight, and United flight I have taken in the same time.
I wouldn't. I would expect an airline that has scheduled flights late to also have baggage handlers late. And if they can't do that, then they shouldn't be offering late flights.

But my flight in from Hawaii wasn't late at all. It arrived in the morning. Same problem. And I've had many Southwest flights arrive at various times in the evening and still had to wait an hour to get luggage.

Logan is just bad at luggage.

I wouldn't. I would expect an airline that has scheduled flights late to also have baggage handlers late. And if they can't do that, then they shouldn't be offering late flights.

But my flight in from Hawaii wasn't late at all. It arrived in the morning. Same problem. And I've had many Southwest flights arrive at various times in the evening and still had to wait an hour to get luggage.

Logan is just bad at luggage.
The poster I quoted said the flight was delayed until 2am, not scheduled.

I agree with you, but they may not have as many baggage handlers. You'd expect the more planes due in, the more staff you need. The fewer planes, the fewer staff.

I agree with you, but they may not have as many baggage handlers. You'd expect the more planes due in, the more staff you need. The fewer planes, the fewer staff.
I expect a level of customer service. I pay my fare, it is incumbent on the airline to staff to me their needs.
If they cannot for any reason, they can except unhappy customers.

I will say this about JB I use to love them.... 4 years in a row was an issue even putting bags on a later flight ON PURPOSE to fit other things...... I look at it this way if you have no issue with JB they are great have an issue where CS is needed and you will pay anything to fly on another airline. My wife fly's United a lot for work (4 trips completed this year alone already) and there have been some mishaps but nothing like JB as when they screw up it is always big and extremely frustrating due to their more recent poor CS and use poor in place of what I would really like to say.

I expect a level of customer service. I pay my fare, it is incumbent on the airline to staff to me their needs.
If they cannot for any reason, they can except unhappy customers.
Note how you said "THEIR needs", not your needs. ;)

I'm not defending them. Just saying no airline is going to keep as many people around at 11pm as they have at 11am (for example).

I'm actually glad you posted from Boston. We'll be flying home using JB, one way (Southwest from PVD going down. Can you tell me, did you rent a car and if you did, were you able to return it to the new terminal? (we're using Budget). And, I hear nightmare stories how long the walk is, once you enter the terminal, how bad was the walk to the Boston gate? we're actually returning to Providence, but will probably be near by.

I guess I thought baggage handlers were hired by the airport & serviced any airline. I never realized they only worked for one airline, especially at smaller airports.

I guess I thought baggage handlers were hired by the airport & serviced any airline. I never realized they only worked for one airline, especially at smaller airports.
BOS is not a small airport. And JetBlue has about 30% of the passenger flights out of BOS, so they should have plenty of baggage handlers available.

My argument is that it's not just JetBlue. This happens to me all the time at that airport, no matter which airline I fly.

Note how you said "THEIR needs", not your needs. ;)

I'm not defending them. Just saying no airline is going to keep as many people around at 11pm as they have at 11am (for example).
their needs are to have enough staff on hand at any given time to provide an reasonable level of service.

If they want want my business my needs, are there needs.

Delta can get me my bag in 15 minutes at any time of the day, for almost the same fare.

BOS is not a small airport. And JetBlue has about 30% of the passenger flights out of BOS, so they should have plenty of baggage handlers available.

My argument is that it's not just JetBlue. This happens to me all the time at that airport, no matter which airline I fly.
I have found that this happens way to often with JetBlue.

And this is not how their service used to be.

They used to be able to do it right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter