Jiko, Boma or Sanaa?

Corl4

Mouseketeer
Looking for recommendations for dinner at Animal Kindgom Lodge. There will be 5 adults and a 2 year old dining! We all love trying new places and we have never been to any of these restaurants!
Thanks"

Looking for recommendations for dinner at Animal Kindgom Lodge. There will be 5 adults and a 2 year old dining! We all love trying new places and we have never been to any of these restaurants!
Thanks"

Boma is our choice - so many dishes to try!!

Boma is great and a buffet. We ate soooo much though and ended up in a Boma Coma.

Sanaa is incredible! The ambiance is fabulous.

We are going to try Jiko on our next trip.

Three different experiences, all good. You can check the menus on a number of web sites.

Boma is a all you care to eat buffet with a large selection of foods, some rather standard in preparation and some with African influences. I think it’s one of the best buffets on property if you’re okay with that style restaurant.

Sanaa is a middle tier table service restaurant with a different but still interesting menu. Very good value for the money.

Jiko is one of Disney’s signature restaurants, so top tier pricing applies. Again, some subtle African flavors in some of the dishes, and a number of outstanding selections. Also has a large South African wine selection. We think it’s one of the best signatures on property.

All 3 are very good. Boma is our favorite. I would recommend Boma. Large selection of foods and the 2 yr old will eat for free.

I love Boma- but prefer breakfast over dinner.

Sanaa is great- and the view of the animals is wonderful!

Jiko is great- especially love their steak. Previous poster is right-- all are totally different experiences. You can't go wrong with any of them- just depends on what you are looking for!

All 3 are amazing for different reasons. If you have never tried African food then Boma may be your best bet as it is a buffet and you can try lots of different foods.
Otherwise our preference is Jiko. Just amazing. Quieter, more laid back. Realize that our dinner there is usually 90 minutes to 2 hours. Not sure how that would work with your 2 year old. You know how they do in restaurants.
But, considering a 2 year old and Boma has better food for a young child, that would be my pick this time.

sounds silly but depends what you want exoerience wise. buffets are great but i prefer table service otherwise im up and down all the time especially when filling a young childs plate (although you dont have to wait for food!).

i would say jiko is my favourite restaurant in disney and was fine when we took a 1 yearold but is pricey. not been to the other one

We like Boma. My teens are picky and some of the spices they are not fond of, but there is lots on the buffet that they do enjoy. It's a happy medium for everyone. My husband can get some foods that he can't get every day and the kids get what they like too! I'm good w/ a big plate of zebra domes! :love:

Boma has the biggest variety. My husband is a meat and potatoes guy and he is the most plain eater in the family. And he loves Boma. I think if everyone in your party is excited about the menus on Sanaa or Jiko, I'd try either of those. But if you're unsure, everyone can find something they like at Boma. (And it really is very good. Our favorite buffet on property. And we aren't huge fans of buffets, but this is not buffet food)

Boma! All three are good but the variety at Boma and the quality of the food are excellent.

We had dinner there on Thursday. Best meal of our trip so far.

It is the only dinner buffet in and out of Disney that we will go to.

They are all good for different reasons. Boma is great for breakfast if you want to give more than one of them a try but don't have time for two dinners.

Depends on what kind of dining experience you are looking for. We LOVE both Jiko and Boma (haven't been to Sanaa yet). I think Boma would be the most fun with a larger group plus there is so much variety at Boma that everyone is bound to find lots of things they like. For me Jiko is a bit of a "nicer" restaurant. I wouldn't want to head straight to Jiko after a day in the park, I would prefer to shower and change into something a little nicer. Jiko has become our go-to place for a nicer meal or special occasion.

I am usually not a fan of buffets, but Boma really is wonderful! They have so many different things....it is a great chance to try different things and they also have lots of "safe" things. There are very few restaurants at Disney that I feel are worth the money - this is one of them! be sure to try the Zebra Domes [dessert cupcakes - so yummy]

Well I at least think Jiko is the best restaurant in all of WDW. But Boma as a buffer offers a very wide selection to try from. Their selection goes from exotic to the very tame American cuisine.

I went to Sanaa on our trip in August and we hated it! The service was terrible! Our waiter practically ignored us the entire time. Our food took forever, and in my opinion, wasn't even good! It wasn't even a busy time! We went right around 4:30-5:00.

That is too bad about Sanaa. We love Jiko, but decided to try Sanaa next month instead. Hopefully we have a better experience than yours. We have rarely have had bad service at any restaurants there.

That is too bad about Sanaa. We love Jiko, but decided to try Sanaa next month instead. Hopefully we have a better experience than yours. We have rarely have had bad service at any restaurants there.
I would try Sanaa again because I always hear Raving reviews about it, but I always like playing devil's advocate :)

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them. We are staying at AKL next month and will be eating at all of them during our trip. We have eaten at all before as well. It really depends on what you want. With a two year old, Boma might be nice because he/she can try different things on the buffet without ordering a separate kids' meal or eating off your plate. I know my kids don't always like what I do. My favorite out of the three is Jiko. Of course, it is also the most expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter