Jogging strollers at WDW?

DVCajun

<font color=red>If you believe in Magic you belong
I'm getting a new jogging stroller and wonder about taking it with us to the World in a couple of weeks. I have a regular graco, but frankly I hate the thing-- it's a pain in the butt to move the seat up and down, it squeaks like it's about to fall apart, and I am looking forward to a new "state of the art" stroller!! :)

I ordered my stroller so I don't know how compactly it will fold. Has anyone else brought a jogging stroller with them?

Does your stroller fold? If not, I wouldn't consider taking it. There's no way you'll get it on a bus or anything. Even if you drive your own car, you'll want to get on the tram to get to the front gate.

I wouldn't bring a jogging stroller to the World. Ours does fold, but the wheels are very large even when folded. Not only that but joggers don't have a front wheel that turns nicely, making it hard to maneveur around. They also take up quite a bit of room. Plus the seats on joggers are all on a slight incline and the kids can't sit upright well enough. You'll understand more when you get yours. They're great for walking or jogging around, but I wouldn't want the burden of one in the parks.

Have you tried WD-40 on your Graco? It takes all the squeking away!

Well, here is an opposite opinion. If your jogger folds, bring it! We have brought out jogger for 2 trips now and it's great. It's easy to stow on the bus when it's folded, and it's great for the parks because it's really easy to hop in and out of. We love it!

Just back from a week at WDW with our big green jogging stroller. It has its pros and cons. Pro is the ride is a lot smoother and you don't have to worry so much about bumps and cracks. That's especially great at the Animal Kingdom where the paths and very hilly and bumpy. Also the joggers roll very easily over long straightaways. Cons are that depending on your model, a jogger can be a real pain to turn. They take a lot more sidewalk space than a regular stroller and are very difficult to maneuver in tight spots like in shops. You have to back up A LOT, wish those things had beepers - LOL! Also, depending on how your jogger folds, it might not be able to go down the aisles of the older buses, and you'll have to ask the driver to open the back door for you, and hope he/she says yes. The new buses have very wide aisles so it is not a problem there.

Another thing to consider is that a jogging stroller takes different muscles to push. You have to push down on the handle ot make tight turns. At WDW, you will be doing it thousands of times a day! If your muscles are not thorougly conditioned to that kind of use, your arms and shoulders will be in bigtime pain after a couple of days. (This happened to me during our first trip with the jogger two years ago, OUCH!) This year it was no problem since we have been using the jogger almost exclusively for over a year, great for the upper arms! Also our son has some special needs that make the jogger a better choice for him to ride in, even if it's not the perfect vehicle to push everywhere.

HTH with your decision! Have a great trip! :D

BTW, our squeaky old Graco is on mothballs out in the garage. Anybody want it? :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter