Joy to the World: an offsite Christmas extravaganza at Disney, Universal & SeaWorld – Dec. 2016 TR

Oh, that looks like so much fun! We took our kids to see the Grinch in the park when they were really small, and he was a hoot! He left the meet-and-greet, saying he had to go walk Max, and told the kids that Max peed in his shoe! it was hilarious :)

It takes a very special talent to be able to realistically embody a character like the Grinch. Kudos to Universal for finding the PERFECT people for the job!

Max made an appearance in the Grinchmas show, and he was SO precious!!

Grinchmas looks like so much fun! What awesome pictures.

Thank you! I hope to get the rest of the photos from that event up before we leave tomorrow morning if I can swing it. I have a hair appointment, a bit more packing, and some housework to accomplish before the end of the day. We get picked up tomorrow morning at 4:30 am :crazy2: so it will be early to bed for us if at all possible.

No...had to deal with them as well. Your soon to be daughter in law was interested in Caillou and very briefly the Teletubbies. My nephew who is 10 months older than DD#2 was crazy for the Teletubbies. My brother freaked out when we bought a Po doll for his son. My nephew looked EXACTLY like Caillou.

DD's big one was Blue's Clues.

Excuse me....who took and posted that picture? Hmm...who?

He was wearing a belt. It was all perfectly innocent until you got involved :rolleyes1.

How fun Grinchmas looks!! Maybe one day we will get over to the "Dark Side" and Enjoy what Universal has to offer! My youngest son is already looking forward to Volcano Bay!

Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation next week!!

Thank you!! I can't believe how quickly this trip has crept up on us. So far, the weather looks pretty good .... albeit HOT! ... so hopefully the forecast holds.

Those shirts are awesome! How nice of Kerry to have them made for you. That Grinch looks awesome! I love the meticulous attention to detail they provide with their character make up. I'm terrible at interacting with characters, so it's a always amazing to me to see them interact with people in all walks of life so effortlessly.

I'm still working on talking Jeremy into doing this breakfast in December. I'll make him read your review for some persuasion!

Last edited:
the statue...... hmmm definetly made me look twice... or three times

The Grinch breakfast looks awesome! As much as I will miss your updates, have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!

I just found this report again and you're leaving already!!!
I'll get caught up today :). Loving your Universal pics. You leave next week and we are less than 2.5 weeks to go! We are all really excited. :jumping3:

We stayed at Grande Vista once. It wasn't our favorite Marriott but we'd stay there again if needed. I remember the looooong driveway into the place. Harbour Lakes used to be our favorite Marriott but last year we stayed at the one behind the World Center and it was really nice. I can't remember if it was Imperial Palms or Sabal Palms but it was one of the Palms. The shower was the biggest I'd ever seen. We're hoping to stay in the complex again next time we go.

Sabal Palms has huge showers with multiple heads in the master bath (that replaced a big tub on a remodel). Sabal is closest to the World Center. Imperial Palms has 3 bedrooms and is right next to a Royal Palms on the golf course.

What a fun breakfast! The shirts are adorable. I can imagine the comments you must have been getting.

What an amazing experience at Grinchmas! We are planning our first visit to Universal in late October for a one day visit (probably on November 2 or 3rd) and hope the holiday decorations are up by then.

Those shirts are awesome! How nice of Kerry to have them made for you. That Grinch looks awesome! I love the meticulous attention to detail they provide with their character make up. I'm terrible at interacting with characters, so it's a always amazing to me to see them interact with people in all walks of life so effortlessly.

I'm still working on talking Jeremy into doing this breakfast in December. I'll make him read your review for some persuasion!

I can't help but think that being a character at one of the theme parks has to be one of the most exhausting jobs on the planet. Nothing like a trauma surgeon or anything like that, of course, but draining in its own right.

I hope you can convince Jeremy to partake in the Grinchmas breakfast. I think it would be great fun for you both!

the statue...... hmmm definetly made me look twice... or three times

The Grinch breakfast looks awesome! As much as I will miss your updates, have a great trip!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no...... @dancin Disney style is starting to rub off on all you good folks :rolleyes:.

And thank you! :goodvibes We're packed and ready....well, as ready as one can be for a 3 am wake-up call :crazy2:.

I just found this report again and you're leaving already!!!
I'll get caught up today :). Loving your Universal pics. You leave next week and we are less than 2.5 weeks to go! We are all really excited. :jumping3:

We will just be coming home and you'll be packing to leave. Hopefully there are sunshiny skies and low crowds in store for both of us!

Just catching up and loving the Grinchmas :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes Not sure if I'll get the balance of the entry up before the night's over or not, so the Grinchmas breakfast might be a "to be continued" post after all.

Sabal Palms has huge showers with multiple heads in the master bath (that replaced a big tub on a remodel). Sabal is closest to the World Center. Imperial Palms has 3 bedrooms and is right next to a Royal Palms on the golf course.

Kudos to Sabal Palms. Those designers think like I do. Who needs a tub if you can have a shower with multiple shower heads?

What a fun breakfast! The shirts are adorable. I can imagine the comments you must have been getting.

We had so many folks stop and ask us about our shirts, we almost felt like we should have had the Etsy crafter's business cards to hand out :rotfl2:.

Well my friend, you did take away my fifth amendment rights a few pages ago!!!!! :rolleyes:

Have a fabulous trip next week. We will be well behaved. Okay, probably not, but we can pretend. :smooth:

I'm not sure if I am more nervous about leaving the kittens in the hands of the Pet Nanny, or leaving all you pure hearts in the hands of @dancin Disney style ;). If this thread is locked by Tuesday, we'll know all the things I feared most came true :lmao:.

Have a WONDERFUL trip, Gina!!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

Have a great trip!

Thank you! :teeth:

What an amazing experience at Grinchmas! We are planning our first visit to Universal in late October for a one day visit (probably on November 2 or 3rd) and hope the holiday decorations are up by then.

While I'd like to say that's likely, honestly.....I doubt it. Universal starts their Christmas events much later than the Disney parks, generally not until around the American Thanksgiving. You'll be just a touch too late for Halloween Horror Nights, and a few weeks to early for Christmas.

Who wears a belt without pants???? That brings to mind the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service rule. Does that mean no pants is ok and you will be served?

You could always test the theory, and let us know how you make out :rolleyes1.

See....I'm not the only one. I just say what others think. Yes, I'm that person.

And that is why we all love you. It's part of your charm ;).

Will you renew with the Volcano Bay add-on? I so wish they had been able to get that park open a few weeks earlier. I'm kind of bummed that we miss opening day by just a scant 19 days!!

I'd like to! I need to see how much it would cost

Your condo looks really nice, the Grinch breakfast looks like a good time. Your tshirts are very cool!

Have an awesome trip!

Thanks. It was Sabal Pams then. We're hoping to stay at Imperial Palms next time cause we need 3 bedrooms. I really enjoyed that whole complex. The room with the video games really came in handy in Feb of 16 because the weather was miserable! We also tried out the indoor pool at the Word Center but even inside it was freezing!

Have a great trip Gina!

The Grinch breakfast looks like fun. Circus is where we always eat lunch when we're at IOA. It's such a fun place to eat.

We went to Universal Nov 8th and 11th this past November. The 8th there weren't any decorations up but on the 11th some were up along the stores in Beverly Hills or whatever that area is called and then Seuss Landing. I didn't see any trees though I have yet to see the central park area or the Macy's store so it's possible it was out already but I doubt it. It was neat to see but it didn't feel very Christmasy in this park at all especially compared to walking down Main Street at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter