July 2, 2005 CA Cruise

hi! AnnaS and AOP, got both of the pm's we called dvc friday and dvc can't access the cruise date july 5th yet to even see how booked it is. my ds, laura 16 wants to know the names of your sons to see if she remebers meeting them. alison went to muhlenberg allentown pa. we know a girl from toms river who goes to flagler! we watched our video of the cruise over the wkend! so much to find out about this cruise. like what's the names of the beaches we will go to in all the stops. what night or brunch for palo's !!! yum dh has lost 47 lbs on south beach!! will you go to disneyland before or after the cruise? well now its less than a year!! and one month till we can call dvc to book this. talk soon lisa

So far, planning on flying in day before cruise (just to be safe) and we plan on spending three nights (for us) in DL after cruise. I am obviosuly not getting e-mail notifications so I need to remember to check this thread once in a while, lol.

Minniemart-MY DS-19 is Matthew and my DS- 16 is Andrew. We're also going to DL for 3 nights after the cruise. Wpuld like to stay at the Grand Californian on points. Sounds beautiful.

we want to go to disneyland before the cruise. and maybe stay at the paradise pier on pts for 3 nights and pay cash for fri. and is there a bus to take you to the cruise like in disneyowrld? ds 16 laura looked at her pictures and there may be on of the boys she's not sure. the kids went on line looking up beached in the 3 stops. mazatlan has a sunset which is suuposed to be beautiful.

I also heard Cabo san lucas is beautiful . Disney hasn't released the excursions yet- a CM told me maybe in January they would know something. Check out the excursions from other cruise lines that stop at the same ports to get an idea of what the disney ones might be. Can't wait to see the sunset out there.

Okay - we are officially in. Today opened up our date to book with points. We were able to keep one stateroom with cash and we reserved one with points. Let the planning begin.

Has anyone else here booked with points besides WendyP? Minniemart, any luck?

Barb - we need to start keeping this thread live and up there soon. ;) so people can find us.

well, it got complicated. when we called this am, dvc said there were no more 4 person rooms. at all... we had to re work things it was either be at the bottom of the ship with the crew!! at the far end and inside room s . or.. two rooms , one w/ veranda and one across the hall inside. rm 6636 and 6637 ate up major pts 738 plus cash. this better be good!! we will pay cash for paradise peir 4 days before. the girls are so happy to get their own room. we are all so happy to be going. so after a slightly stressed am we all breathed a sigh of relief . treid to order a disneyland vacation video, they stopped making it last yr! it was mentioned that birnbaums book is out but the disney store said more like sept, oct time frame. we all wore disney attire today!! well the countdown begins!! talk soon everone

Minnimart

I had reserved one cat. 8 - two adults and one across cat. 11 with cash. I was able to keep cat. 8 cash and reserve the cat. 11 for three people with points - 577 - we are five (cancelled original cat. 11). Wendy had called DCL night before and I had checked website yesterday morning and some cat. were sold hout.

What price did you get for Paradise Pier - it won't give me rates on-line (perhaps if I call) for that date (after cruise) and it lists standard rate/room as $195 - $245.

We are considering some including the Fairfield and use rewards but not 100% sure yet.

Barb, or anyone else here, have you done any investigating? I read on one board that because of the 50th celebratiion, rooms are booking up fast.

Thanks.

paradise peir will be $205 for the year 2005 the lady,{castmember!} we spoke to said it wont let you book it on line for $195. i forgot to ask if there was going to be a dcl bus to go to the port. there are a coupe of packages up on line but we want the first day to be a sight seeing day possibly or any othe day, so we want to get a 3 day pk hooper pass. i guess all of these unanswered questions will have to wait and be patient .talk soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter