Jumpin' June Exercise Challenge--Everyone Welcome!

It has truly been a rough several weeks. I feel like a broken record.....

But, we are making some very definite changes. I started two a day cardio workouts of about 30-40 minutes each (for as long as my body puts up with it). Not to share tmi, but I think I am fighting that common problem girls have as they get older. Fun times. I am so nasty cranky that Mike suggested a couple of days in our lady of peace....you know for some r&r.:rotfl2: Anyhow, like most things in life, some good is coming out of all this in that we are taking steps to change some things so that is good.:goodvibes

Not quite there yet but I think we all have our moments. Hanging a heavy bag in my garage has proven to be QUITE therapeutic at times!! :teeth:

Love this!

80 min at the hot and stuffy YMCA tonight lifting and running.

20 min of a torture, I mean pt this morning.

890/800 (I'm going to keep on plugging on!)

Awesome! You can make up for my severe lack of minutes this month! :sad2:

6/25 - 30 min walk with the Wonder Mutt

723/1200

"I go running when I have to. When the ice cream truck is doing sixty." ~ Wendy Liebman

Yup, that's me! :woohoo:

Today's Exercise - 75 minutes

Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 5 miles - 55 minutes
Cooldown walk - 15 minutes

June tally against new goal - 2581/3000

Man is it hot/humid in Louisiana

PlutoBaby said:
Not quite there yet but I think we all have our moments. Hanging a heavy bag in my garage has proven to be QUITE therapeutic at times!! :teeth:

Awesome! You can make up for my severe lack of minutes this month! :sad2:

6/25 - 30 min walk with the Wonder Mutt

723/1200

"I go running when I have to. When the ice cream truck is doing sixty." ~ Wendy Liebman

Yup, that's me! :woohoo:

Ironically, the family was out for a walk on Monday and "chased" the ice cream truck back towards our house to get money. It was a new truck playing awesome Caribbean steel drum music. V motivating! Lol.

My poor LEFT (ie, not my bad knee) is knocking on the door of Bad Knee Land. I swear I'm going to lose my mind I'm so tired of injuries. Guess I've got to cut back on some of the lifting. Seems to be the only "new" thing I've done recently and that's when my knee hurts, on days after doing weights. And I've really got to get more serious about losing some weight. While I may be relatively happy, apparently my knees are not! I think I might go check out the weight loss challenge thread. It's just so overwhelming!

I haven't updated in a few days but I'm still moving!

Up to 1027/1500

Ironically, the family was out for a walk on Monday and "chased" the ice cream truck back towards our house to get money. It was a new truck playing awesome Caribbean steel drum music. V motivating! Lol.

My poor LEFT (ie, not my bad knee) is knocking on the door of Bad Knee Land. I swear I'm going to lose my mind I'm so tired of injuries. Guess I've got to cut back on some of the lifting. Seems to be the only "new" thing I've done recently and that's when my knee hurts, on days after doing weights. And I've really got to get more serious about losing some weight. While I may be relatively happy, apparently my knees are not! I think I might go check out the weight loss challenge thread. It's just so overwhelming!

Welcome to BKL my friend! :scared: I actually need to start the weights. Everything I've read about the ITBS says to build those quads, of which mine are mush, even with all the running. :crazy2:

I've been fighting to lose these last 5-10 pounds for the past year, so I feel your pain. :sad: Come on over to the weight loss thread! It's a really fun group! :cheer2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3119694

PlutoBaby said:
Welcome to BKL my friend! :scared: I actually need to start the weights. Everything I've read about the ITBS says to build those quads, of which mine are mush, even with all the running. :crazy2:

I've been fighting to lose these last 5-10 pounds for the past year, so I feel your pain. :sad: Come on over to the weight loss thread! It's a really fun group! :cheer2:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3119694

The beat thing I've found to build my quads (and I completely know what u mean by mush) is plyo- squats, jumps, etc. plus speedy intervals when I run. Easy paced running is beneficial, but I have to throw in some speed work to build up my quads. Plus leg extensions w ankle weights. Hang in there my dear, we will get out of BKL soon and on a plane to WDW for wine and dine before we know it. (and then on to more run Disney in January- what were we thinking again???)

1682/1500

114 minutes of fitness walking

Guess I'll have to up my minutes for next month...or stop working so hard :lmao:

945/900

Oops, I think I messed up my addition when I checked in last time. What can I say, I'm old and math was never my strongest subject in school. ;)

Last time it should have been 915/900, I think...

Then with today's 30-minute workout to a new Leslie Sansone 2-mile Belly Buster DVD I'm at 945.

Lovin' the quotes, Plutobaby, keep 'em coming. :banana:

Got in an extra few minutes the evening of the 23rd, so I've got

6/23 (extra) 35 min
6/26 - 42 min walking dog then doing a 2 mile run/walk. My 12:37 pace was really good for me, so it does seem that taking some days off between leads to good results!

Maybe I'll hit my original goal (500) for the month, even if I don't hit my modified one.

428/800

Well, im back. Had some set backs this month and im going to fall way short on my goal. Oh well. I think im going to regroup in july and come back strong to the challenge. I guess taking too many summer trips isnt the worst thing that could happen.

Yesterday I had 85 minutes on the treadmill doing the Bridge to 10K app. This morning I did 4 miles on the treadmill in 55 minutes (it's supposed to be my easy day).

Together, that brings my total to:
1290/1500

60 min elliptical last night

48 mon run 15 min cool down walk this morning

588/900

Hang in all that are struggling this month. I've had to change my runs to early morning because of the heat. 5:00 comes early. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter