June 2 Magical Cruise - Our Best Vacation Ever

pines506

Mouseketeer
Here's my trip report from our June 2 Magic cruise. It was myself, DH (mid-30's), DD8 and DS5. This was by far the best family vacation we have taken! DD was in tears when it was over. We had a category 9 room 2104 right down from the laundry room. We were not bothered by any noise at all. We were very pleased by the size of the stateroom. I did not bring the over-the-door hangar and did not miss it, we had plenty of room, but I can see where it would come in handy. We were able to store all of our luggage under the bed.

The kids loved the sail-away party, had to drag them away to get ready for dinner. We had early seating, APLAPLA rotation. Our servers were Jelidi and Willy. They are without a doubt absolutely fantastic. DD had a HUGE crush on them. The food was fantastic. We really enjoyed it. The chocolate lava cake was out of this world! We also did the brunch at Palos which was very good.

We saw the characters everywhere, I don't know if we were just always in the right place at the right time, but we never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a picture.

They didn't do the kids club very much. I really thought they would spend most of their time there, but they proved me wrong. The club and lab seemed to be very nice and it looked well organized. The kids were just more interested in the pool and hanging out with us. We had no problem getting deck chairs by the Mickey pool, we never checked by the Goofy pool, so I don't know what it was like there. We bought the soda mug and it was definitely worth it. I am a huge Diet Coke drinker. I was able to fill it everywhere. One morning at the breakfast buffet, one of the Cms even offered to take my mug for me and fill it.

On St. Maarten we went on our own to Orient Bay. We took an open air taxi for $5 per person. It was a great beach, beautiful and clean. DD got her hair braided for $1 a braid. The kids played on the trampoline ($5 for an hour, $10 for all day) and DH rented a jet ski for a half hour (I think it was $45). We stayed there most of the day, and had the taxi drop us off at the shopping area, we just walked back from there. (Very long walk after spending the day in the sun, it only took about 15-20 minutes, but seemed a lot longer.)

St. Thomas we went to Megan's Bay. I am probably the only person who didn't like it. It was a beautiful view, but I like nice "clean" sand. There were a lot of trees so there were leaves all over the ground, I know that's not so bad, but there were also cigarette butts all over. We only stayed there about an hour or so, then went shopping.

Castaway Cay was of course our favorite stop. We were able to get loungers under an umbrella right in front of the play area in the water. We borrowed sand toys for DS from Scuttles Cove, which was nice since I didn't want to have to lug them home. DH and DD did both snorkel trails and liked that, they said they saw a lot.

We didn't come home right after, we spent a few days in Orlando and for us that worked out well, we still had something to look forward to after the big letdown of getting of the cruise.

We will be booking again the Western itinerary. Can't wait! Any questions feel free to ask.

Were you at early seating? We also had early seating table 73 with jelidi and willy. Did you have the table against the wall by the picture?

In Animators Palate -- Yep, that was us. You were the family with the two young boys, right? Weren't Jelidi and Willy great!

Yes that was us. Two boys ages 6 and 11. We also thought Jelidi and Willy were terrific. Did you know that Jelidi is going back to Paris to open up his own restaurant? He started working at Euro Disney and moved to the Magic when she started cruising. He has saved quite a bit of money and his dream is to own his own place. His current tour is up in 4-weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter