June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Do you know what determines when the "wanna get away" fare disappears?

I think Southwest has a certain amount of seats for that category. But I've seen them disappear and then reappear. :confused3 I'm not sure whether they reappear because Southwest adds more in that category (maybe due to slow sales for that flight) or because they are running a new special, or because someone who bought a Wanna Get Away ticket changed their flight.

Man, as it is...$200 one-way is super expensive. So I hope it doesn't get worse before I can book! Keeping my fingers crossed. Back in the day, I would fly out to SNA every other month or so and it was always $225 round trip on United. I miss those days!

I really, really love to stay on-site, but I stay off-site when I go as a chaperone for school trips with my elder DD and our family stayed at Park Vue Inn the Thanksgiving before last. It was a great motel and the location could not have been more ideal. It's so, so close to the parks. The room was very clean and the bedding and decor was much nicer than I was expecting for a motel. I would not hesitate to stay at the PVI again if we didn't want to spend the money to stay on-site.

If you haven't already, definitely read Hydroguy's thread: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets!

Will your son's band be performing, taking classes, or both? My 14 yo DD, a violin player, goes with her school's music program each March. The classes at Disneyland are amazing!!! I especially like one they did last year where they were in a recording studio with a professional conductor and sight read pieces of musical scores from Disney animated movies. The conductor would work with them on the piece until they were playing it the way he wanted and then they would record them playing. At the end of the session, they played the parts of the movies with the accompanying scores - the first time they played the piece through and then the last time after working the piece. It was really amazing listening to how they sounded after working on the piece and listening to how it sounded as that part of the movie played.

I bought my tickets for me and my younger DD last week and she feels the same way! I think until then she was worried the trip might not happen.

Are you looking for other amusement park outings (like Knott's Berry Farm, Universal, etc.) or more educational type outings (like the Science Museum or Griffith Park Observatory)?
Yes, they will be recording at a recording studio. Sounds amazing!

Man, as it is...$200 one-way is super expensive. So I hope it doesn't get worse before I can book! Keeping my fingers crossed. Back in the day, I would fly out to SNA every other month or so and it was always $225 round trip on United. I miss those days!
Typically, buying on Tuesdays will give you the most discounts. And if you clear your computer cashe before you buy, that can give you a little discount too (then your computer doesn't tell their website you've been pricing this flight daily for 6 weeks ;) ).

Down to 4 and a 1/2 months for our end of June trip. Many of you are probably looking at just 4 months now. We bought our APs the other day, yeah. And my mother decided to buy one too. This will make things a bit more flexible as we aren't limited to her 5 day ticket.

Our countdown is sitting at 127 days! It's getting closer! I'm starting to work on plans for where we're going to eat this trip. We're thinking more counter service this time with just a few table service ADRs. Anyone else make crazy specific spreadsheets with where you'll eat and how much it will cost?

Our countdown is sitting at 127 days! It's getting closer! I'm starting to work on plans for where we're going to eat this trip. We're thinking more counter service this time with just a few table service ADRs. Anyone else make crazy specific spreadsheets with where you'll eat and how much it will cost?

Of course not!

:rolleyes1

Just times and plans go into the spreadsheet before the trip, the costs go in the spreadsheet after I get back:laughing:

In all sincerity, I do have a question about dining and I figured I'd start here since everyone has been so friendly. We are first timers from the east coast (I know better than to jinx myself saying this is our "once in a lifetime" trip since I said that about Disney World and am now on year 3 of APs...) and we have 3.5 days/3 dinners of time at Disneyland. This is what I was thinking of doing for dining but I would like input, suggestions, critiques, anything I'm missing out on that's a Disneyland essential, etc.

Sunday: Cafe Orleans for lunch, snack around Disneyland resort for dinner (Whitewater Snacks, Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace, maybe Ralph Brennan's to go beignets)
Monday: Cove Bar for lunch (Tortilla Jo's as a backup in case the wait is unmanageable), Napa Rose for dinner
Tuesday: Jolly Holiday or Plaza Inn for lunch, Carthay Circle for dinner
Wednesday: Steakhouse 55 Breakfast, corn dog snack before leaving for airport

I know this itinerary devotes a lot of time to dining but that's what we enjoy most at WDW so I don't think we'll feel overwhelmed by it. Am I missing anything iconic?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Our family (me, dh, dd-15yo, & ds-11yo) is making their first trip to Disneyland after many trips to the World! We will be traveling 6/18 through 6/23 and in the parks the 19th through the 22nd. We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini-Suites.

Our family (me, dh, dd-15yo, & ds-11yo) is making their first trip to Disneyland after many trips to the World! We will be traveling 6/18 through 6/23 and in the parks the 19th through the 22nd. We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn and.

Enjoy Disneyland for its intimacy; it's truly wonderful.

We will be there that week too. We traveled that same week three summers ago and found it was a good time to visit. Of course it will be busy, but not as crazy as other weeks I think

Of course not!

Just times and plans go into the spreadsheet before the trip, the costs go in the spreadsheet after I get back:laughing:

In all sincerity, I do have a question about dining and I figured I'd start here since everyone has been so friendly. We are first timers from the east coast (I know better than to jinx myself saying this is our "once in a lifetime" trip since I said that about Disney World and am now on year 3 of APs...) and we have 3.5 days/3 dinners of time at Disneyland. This is what I was thinking of doing for dining but I would like input, suggestions, critiques, anything I'm missing out on that's a Disneyland essential, etc.

Sunday: Cafe Orleans for lunch, snack around Disneyland resort for dinner (Whitewater Snacks, Trader Sam's/Tangaroa Terrace, maybe Ralph Brennan's to go beignets)
Monday: Cove Bar for lunch (Tortilla Jo's as a backup in case the wait is unmanageable), Napa Rose for dinner

I know this itinerary devotes a lot of time to dining but that's what we enjoy most at WDW so I don't think we'll feel overwhelmed by it. Am I missing anything iconic?

Hm...missing anything iconic? Blue Bayou. If cost isn't a factor, maybe swap Cafe Orleans for Blue Bayou. Best chance of getting a waterside table without a problem is 11:30 am lunch seating.

Tortilla Jo's can even get busy if it's a busy park day, so there might be a long wait there without a reservation or there might not be.

We decided to make it a full 5 days at DL! Definitely going to the parks on our hotel check out day (6/3).:jumping1: Friends of mine at first thought I was nuts...until I told them that we take a break at the hotel every afternoon.

We're doing 5 days as well. And then 2 non-park days to relax and whatnot. I actually wish we could get a 6 or 7 day pass for a decent price because then we could go for some half days. It would be much easier on my joints to do that. But oh well.

We bought APs in August and did 8 full days. This trip we have 5 full days and our departure morning to be in the parks, we can't go in on our arrival day because hubby has a lower level AP than I do and is blacked out on that Saturday. (He said I could go into the park if I wanted to since it's my birthday trip but that seems kinda mean lol)
Going back to my spreadsheets I read through menus and put in projected costs. Because I also have to factor in the difference in CAD vs USD when we put our budget together.

Of course not!

I'd also look into Blue Bayou for one meal - there will probably be MSEP packages still which can be a bit of a time saver and we found the Paint the Night package a pretty decent value though depending on how much you enjoyed MSEP at WDW that will probably influence how much you want to see it here.

Last edited:
I don't do spreadsheets. But before we go, I need to basically figure out which places have food my son will eat. I don't want to waste time wandering around and checking menus. We pretty much do all counter service though.

We're doing 5 days as well. As first timers who may or may not make it back to CA anytime soon, it made sense to have the breathing room and still see us much as we can and take some afternoon breaks. We've also always enjoyed doing our favorites more than once when we can at WDW and allowing "wander around" time.

We're going with the do as the locals do approach and at this point only have one TS meal planned (Blue Bayou). The rest we'll probably do CS and the included breakfast with our room at BWPPI. That said, we reserve the right to change our minds at any point between now and then. :)

Last time, we ate breakfast in our room on most days too. Will probably do the same again to save time and money. We'll eat breakfast in the park at least once though, I think.

Hm...missing anything iconic? Blue Bayou. If cost isn't a factor, maybe swap Cafe Orleans for Blue Bayou. Best chance of getting a waterside table without a problem is 11:30 am lunch seating.

Tortilla Jo's can even get busy if it's a busy park day, so there might be a long wait there without a reservation or there might not be.

sorry... replied to the wrong post!

Enjoy Disneyland for its intimacy; it's truly wonderful.

We will be there that week too. We traveled that same week three summers ago and found it was a good time to visit. Of course it will be busy, but not as crazy as other weeks I think

It is the only week we can go... in between school ending here in PA and summer camp starting for the 11yo. The end of summer is all booked up w/ marching band camp for the 15yo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter