• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 21, 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Meet Up

I have never been to any of them. However, I will be wearing my 2014 Mickey grad ears at all times. You'll know it's me

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Does anyone have recommendations for excursions?

I can only recommend the two I've been on: In Cozumel we did the Tulum ruins tour (thru DCL because of the distance). It was absolutely gorgeous! Highly recommend it if you are interested in ruins/history but it is a long day and would be tough for younger kids. In Grand Cayman we did the Stingray City/Snorkeling/Rum Point Beach tour thru Native Way excursions. Loved this one too; got to do a bit of several things GC is known for. We'll be doing a similar tour this time but through a private charter.

Never been to Jamaica before but we booked a private excursion that will take us to Dunn's River Falls, river tubing, and a little sight seeing. Really looking forward to it. You can get great ideas and recommendations for excursions over on Cruise Critic as well.

My DD will graduate from HS this year but will only be 17 is interested in chatting with any other prior to the cruise if other are interested. We are plan to do the Amazing Race in Jamaica, book to go to Nachi Como in Cozumal and looking into a private tour with Cayman Safari in Grand Cayman.

I can only recommend the two I've been on: In Cozumel we did the Tulum ruins tour (thru DCL because of the distance). It was absolutely gorgeous! Highly recommend it if you are interested in ruins/history but it is a long day and would be tough for younger kids. In Grand Cayman we did the Stingray City/Snorkeling/Rum Point Beach tour thru Native Way excursions. Loved this one too; got to do a bit of several things GC is known for. We'll be doing a similar tour this time but through a private charter.

Never been to Jamaica before but we booked a private excursion that will take us to Dunn's River Falls, river tubing, and a little sight seeing. Really looking forward to it. You can get great ideas and recommendations for excursions over on Cruise Critic as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! We would like to do the ruins in Cozumel - and I agree, I would only go with Disney for this one. I also want to see Dunn's River Falls. Still can't decide about Grand Cayman - may just do a tour - saw they have a duck boat.

My DD will graduate from HS this year but will only be 17 is interested in chatting with any other prior to the cruise if other are interested. We are plan to do the Amazing Race in Jamaica, book to go to Nachi Como in Cozumal and looking into a private tour with Cayman Safari in Grand Cayman.

Is your DD planning on going to Vibe? My son is turning 17 in June, he is a junior this year. He had an amazing time in Vibe last summer......

I've been reading about how FE gift exchanges work. Is it safe for me to assume we can distribute gifts *once* on the cruise? I've hesitated to join because I assumed it was one gift each day and I was afraid to commit our time. :)

I've been reading about how FE gift exchanges work. Is it safe for me to assume we can distribute gifts *once* on the cruise? I've hesitated to join because I assumed it was one gift each day and I was afraid to commit our time. :)

Hi there - I understood that one 'gifting' is the norm but you can do whatever you want to. I have never done the FE before either. This time I knew my children were old enough to do it themselves. I understand what you are saying about giving up your time! They are really looking forward to it. : ) Have a great day.

There is only one rule regarding the FE. In order to participate you have to give something to everyone in your group. After that it is really up to you. Some people give a gift per person and some give one per stateroom. It is very rare that some gives something everyday. Usually it is once. It is up to you. You do not have to break to bank. Some of the best gift I have received have been homemade items. I would suggest you read post #7 of this post for more FE information. Have a magical day. :goodvibes

Hi Everyone!
Happy to say we'll be joining you on the cruise! It will be me, Tim, DW Mary, and DS 17, Ben.

Glad to hear so many are celebrating graduations, as we will be celebrating our son's High School graduation as well.

It was 15 below zero earlier this week, so dreaming about the Caribbean helps! Hope to get to know some of you a little better before the cruise. We did that before a DVC Member Cruise and it was great fun!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hi Everyone!
Happy to say we'll be joining you on the cruise! It will be me, Tim, DW Mary, and DS 17, Ben.

Glad to hear so many are celebrating graduations, as we will be celebrating our son's High School graduation as well.

It was 15 below zero earlier this week, so dreaming about the Caribbean helps! Hope to get to know some of you a little better before the cruise. We did that before a DVC Member Cruise and it was great fun!

:welcome: aboard Mickey's Jamaican Fantasy. :cool1::cool1: Also please feel free to join our FB page as well https://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/ . If you have any questions regarding the cruise or itinerary please feel free to ask away.

Hi Everyone!

Hello from a fellow Wisconsinite! :) We'll be on board with another family from WI. I think we're taking over the ship... probably fleeing the cold and snow. :thumbsup2

There is only one rule regarding the FE. In order to participate you have to give something to everyone in your group. After that it is really up to you. Some people give a gift per person and some give one per stateroom. It is very rare that some gives something everyday. Usually it is once. It is up to you. You do not have to break to bank. Some of the best gift I have received have been homemade items. I would suggest you read post #7 of this post for more FE information. Have a magical day. :goodvibes

Thanks for the FE responses. I had read post #7 and other FE threads, but wanted to clarify my understanding (or misunderstanding)! We'll consider the FE exchange. I have some fun ideas after a lot of reading. :)

For anyone looking for activities in the Caymans, we've always loved the turtle farm. This will be my fifth trip to the Caymans and I think I've visited the turtles every time!

We were married on Grand Cayman at a beach called Smith Cove. It's not far from the dock. Not only is it a beautiful wedding spot, but the snorkeling is great, too. :) There are taxis waiting when you get off the tender and it's short drive. We've never gotten a high-pressure sales pitch like we've gotten at some ports. I appreciate that.

If you're feeling adventurous, we booked a car rental on our last cruise to the Caymans. It's a British island, so they drive on the left! The rental agency met us at the entry point and drove us to the airport where we picked up the car. The island is small and easily navigable. We really enjoyed the freedom it gave us.

It's been many years since I've been to Jamaica and we've never taken the kids, so I'm at a loss at this new port. I've enjoyed hearing what others are considering.

Happy planning!

Hello,
We will be joining you on this cruise. It will be me (Wendy), DH (George) DS15 (Jasmine) and DS10 (Landon).

DD and I have been sailing DCL since she was 4. But George and Landon joined our family 2 years ago and have never been on a Disney cruise! I've gotten George on 3 other lines since we got married, but Landon has never cruised at all.

Since this is the last year that Landon can go in the Kids club, we figured we better make sure to sail this summer!

As far as excursions: DD and I did an "Outameni Experience" when we were on Oasis of the Seas. It was an interactive experience about the history and culture of Jamaica and was really cool. The last time DH and I were there we did a private excursion that included the green grotto caves and a climb up Dunns River Falls. We'll definitely climb the falls with the kids this time, and might also do a zipline or the Jamaican bobsled rollercoaster.

In Grand Cayman the easiest way to get around is by using the local taxi. It's like $2.50 per person every time you get in, and you can take it to 7 mile beach, the Turtle Farm, and just about anywhere else you'd like to go.

And Cozumel you can book a dolphin or sea lion swim. DD and I did the sea lions, because we'd done a dolphin swim in Cabo San Lucas. I must say the sea lions are much more interactive and fun! You can book that independently and just take a taxi. For adults, there is a cooking school right no the beach that DD and I went to, and it was a really fun experience. We had to book that through the cruise line.

Not sure if we're going to do the FE yet, but we are happy to be onboard!
Wendy

For anyone looking for activities in the Caymans, we've always loved the turtle farm. This will be my fifth trip to the Caymans and I think I've visited the turtles every time!

We were married on Grand Cayman at a beach called Smith Cove. It's not far from the dock. Not only is it a beautiful wedding spot, but the snorkeling is great, too. :) There are taxis waiting when you get off the tender and it's short drive. We've never gotten a high-pressure sales pitch like we've gotten at some ports. I appreciate that.

If you're feeling adventurous, we booked a car rental on our last cruise to the Caymans. It's a British island, so they drive on the left! The rental agency met us at the entry point and drove us to the airport where we picked up the car. The island is small and easily navigable. We really enjoyed the freedom it gave us.

It's been many years since I've been to Jamaica and we've never taken the kids, so I'm at a loss at this new port. I've enjoyed hearing what others are considering.

Happy planning!

Hello,
We will be joining you on this cruise. It will be me (Wendy), DH (George) DS15 (Jasmine) and DS10 (Landon).

DD and I have been sailing DCL since she was 4. But George and Landon joined our family 2 years ago and have never been on a Disney cruise! I've gotten George on 3 other lines since we got married, but Landon has never cruised at all.

Since this is the last year that Landon can go in the Kids club, we figured we better make sure to sail this summer!

As far as excursions: DD and I did an "Outameni Experience" when we were on Oasis of the Seas. It was an interactive experience about the history and culture of Jamaica and was really cool. The last time DH and I were there we did a private excursion that included the green grotto caves and a climb up Dunns River Falls. We'll definitely climb the falls with the kids this time, and might also do a zipline or the Jamaican bobsled rollercoaster.

In Grand Cayman the easiest way to get around is by using the local taxi. It's like $2.50 per person every time you get in, and you can take it to 7 mile beach, the Turtle Farm, and just about anywhere else you'd like to go.

And Cozumel you can book a dolphin or sea lion swim. DD and I did the sea lions, because we'd done a dolphin swim in Cabo San Lucas. I must say the sea lions are much more interactive and fun! You can book that independently and just take a taxi. For adults, there is a cooking school right no the beach that DD and I went to, and it was a really fun experience. We had to book that through the cruise line.

Not sure if we're going to do the FE yet, but we are happy to be onboard!
Wendy

Thanks for all of the suggestions on Shore Excursions!!!

Is your DD planning on going to Vibe? My son is turning 17 in June, he is a junior this year. He had an amazing time in Vibe last summer......

Yes, that is her big thing it will be her first and last time. That's great to hear he liked it I will have to let her know.

Excellent Jamaica ideas! Thanks a million!

We're trying to accommodate the interests of a nearly 10-year-old boy and a 3-year-old boy. That's going to be a challenge. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter