June 21, 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Meet Up

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
Here we go, the official meeting place for the June 21, 2014 Cruise. I am excited to be on our first 7 night cruise, after only doing 3 and 4 night cruises on the Wonder, and a 5 night on the Dream. This will be cruise #7 for us, and my birthday during the cruise as well! We are also excited to have a stop in Jamaica!

It will be myself-Art, wife-Lisa, son-Shelby(23) and our daughter-Meghan(18)

I hope we can plan some meet ups and some Fish Extender exchanges.

Welcome Everyone!

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/

Alohagirl73-Cabin #
Disneyfun1-Cabin# 9158(8B) Art, Lisa, DS-Shelby(23), DD-Meghan(18)
kim3471-Cabin # Kimberly, Aaron, DS-Aiden(9)
LV DISNEY FAN(atic)-Cabin# 9674 Dany, Joe, DD-Sami(18)
PRINCESS VIJA-Cabin # Princess Vija, DH, DD(15), DS(19)
Stinasmom-Cabin # Marcy, Vijay, DD-Christina (17), DS-Dominic (13)
TIGGER/POOH4-Cabin# 8188(5E) Dan, Renee, DD-Kim(15), DS(13)
Wilhelmis4-Cabin's # Jolynn, Danny, DD-Morgan(17), DS-Gavin(14)/ DMiL-Debra, DFiL-Dan/ DSiL-Joni, DBiL-Justin, DN-Martin(13)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :cool1:

Have a great cruise!

Ooh, ooh I'm so excited. We will be booking this cruise on Thursday. It will be our first cruise! So I might need some guidance from all the experienced cruisers :thumbsup2 It will be myself (Angie) and my daughter (Abby-9, just shy of her 10th b-day while on the cruise by a few days). Looking forward to the year and a half of waiting with you all!

TA will be booking this cruise for us tomorrow. We will be celebrating my DD's graduation from HS and my oldest DD's 1st wedding anniversary.

Right now our crew consist of:

Me - LeiLani
DD - Alyssa 18 (at time of cruise)
DD - Brittany 24 (Britt and Dave are getting married June 21, 2013)
DD's Fiance - David 25
David's Mom - Angie
David's Dad - Lee
My Dad - Chuck

Welcome to everyone! Ill be calling first thing this morning, and then i will start posting cabin numbers and names on post 1 so we can all decide later on if we want to do a meet and/or fish extenders as well.

Almost booked this cruise ... but chose the May 10th one instead ... This is my backup plan if plans don't work out for the 10th. :)

Count us in for this cruise. :dance3: This will be our 10th cruise. We have been on 3 previous Westerns and also on the Fantasy this year so if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask. The crew will be myself Dan, DW Renee, DD Kim (15 at time of cuise) and DS (12-13 at time of cruise). DS B-Day is the 23rd so we will be celebrating during the cruise. I was able to snag stateroom 5E 8188 this morning and we are excited for the huge verandah off the stern of the ship. :cool1::cool1: Only 563 days till the Fantasy. :yay::yay:

Sorry this is not on the first post but Art (Disneyfun1) created this thread left us for another date. I will do my best to fill in. Please see below for the FB page link and FE signups.

Roll Call

1) TIGGER/POOH4-Cabin# 8188(5E) Dan, Renee, DD-Kim(15), DS(13)
2) Alohagirl73-Cabin #
3) kim3471-Cabin # Kimberly, Aaron, DS-Aiden(9)
4) LV DISNEY FAN(atic)-Cabin# 9674 Dany, Joe, DD-Sami(18)
5) Stinasmom-Cabin # Marcy, Vijay, DD-Christina (17), DS-Dominic (13)
6) Wilhelmis4-Cabin's # Jolynn, Danny, DD-Morgan(17), DS-Gavin(14)/ DMiL-Debra, DFiL-Dan/ DSiL-Joni, DBiL-Justin, DN-Martin(13)
7) JetDriver
8) Grandma Rainbow
9) lmsull65
10) ranidayz
11) sterlint
12) jlawall
13) travelingrlz
14) Disney's Fan
15) StephC1217
16) Disney-ite
17) teriyaki
18) mnoa
19) FINNZUP
20) pmoments
21) tinkerbell60
22) Cinderellafave1
23) mltran
24) Sweetreats
25) tmcintosh
26) Grayson Family
27) Raelenek

FB Page Link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/

FE Exchange

What is a fish extender exchange?

If you're not familiar with what a fish extender exchange is, check out these links:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

To join up please send an PM to TIGGER/POOH4 or email me at nascar9@aol.com
Please list the following:

1. Your DISboard name.
2. Stateroom Number
3. Names, ages and gender of everyone in your stateroom that will be participating in the FE Exchange. The initial of your last name.
4. Email address

Once I receive your PM, I will send out a list of participants. PLEASE check the list to make sure I have your information correct. Some people make personalized things with names on them and I'd hate to spell someone's name wrong and not know it. Or I'd really feel awful if I have your stateroom number wrong and you don't get any FE gifts at all! So, please double check my list when I send it. THANKS!!

We will be doing a confirmation of all group participants at 75 days to the cruise (April 7, 2014) to make sure you are still on this cruise and want to participate in the FE so please do not disappear. Anyone who does confirm will be deleted from the FE.

current list of players here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjnNOPaf6RoidGtJajA2X1lhcDd1TV9qSVh2V3p3MEE#gid=0 You will need to send a request to join the group and then I can grant you access.

1) TIGGER/POOH4
2) LV Disney Fan(atic)
3) sterlint
4) kim3471
5) Disney's Fan
6) Disney-ite
7) mnoa
8) Teriyaki
9) FINNZUP
10) Cinderellafave1
11) mltran
12) Sweetreats
13) tmcintosh
14) jlawall
15) Raelenek
16) EShea

Current FE guidelines Budgets: That is YOUR OWN personal decision. Minimum and maximum amounts to spend WILL NOT be assigned. Only you know how much you can afford/want to spend on it so that is up to you completely.

Gifts: Do not feel bad if you give only 1 gift per cabin/family. DW and I did this last time, that's what our budget was. If you want to and have the budget to give adult gifts and kid gifts that's fine too. Our last FE consisted of some people who gave to everybody and others, like us, who just gave for the entire cabin or family if there was more than 1 cabin. As long as it is heartfelt and fun, that's all we're looking for here.

Homemade/crafts: Again, your personal choice. If you enjoy doing this type of stuff and have the time/budget(often cheaper btw) then have a blast and do whatever you feel like. If you are not the craftsy type, please go right ahead and just buy your gifts. Any and all types are appreciated.

Theme: No over riding particular them you must adhere to. If you have for your gifts, as many people like to do(Cruise meet theme, or Pirate night for example) then that's great. If you just want to be random and give fun stuff, the more the merrier.
You must give a gift if you are signing up!! I've seen a couple of mentions that some people are not giving stuff, just hoarding. I really would hate to see that happen here. This is about the GIVING.

Count us in for this cruise. :dance3: This will be our 10th cruise. We have been on 3 previous Westerns and also on the Fantasy this year so if anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask. The crew will be myself Dan, DW Renee, DD Kim (15 at time of cuise) and DS (12-13 at time of cruise). DS B-Day is the 23rd so we will be celebrating during the cruise. I was able to snag stateroom 5E 8188 this morning and we are excited for the huge verandah off the stern of the ship. :cool1::cool1: Only 563 days till the Fantasy. :yay::yay:
What was the pricing if you don't mind me asking??

You're the one who stole my room!! :mad:

Just kidding :) We were able to get 9674 instead so we'll be your upstairs neighbors. :cool1: Love those verandas at the back of the boat (we have 8188 this March).

Cruising will be me (Dany), DH (Joe) and DD18 Sami. It'll be our 7th DCL cruise but her first as an 'adult' so we are looking forward to taking her to Palo and Serenity Bay for the first time. Oh, and we'll also be celebrating my 50th :-)eek:) birthday on the 24th.

Looking forward to spending the next 18 months chit chatting with all of you!

We got our cruise booked this morning! Pricing is high! for the 3 of us, 2 adults and our daughter who will be 18 at time of sailing in cat 8B cabin # 9154, it is $5370.36, and thats with moving our dummy date, so we got 10% off!! Ill still posting cabin numbers on the first post for anyone that wants to list them for meet ups, fish extenders or cabin tours if we all decide to do any of this later on.

Well our price just went up-I added our son to the sailing, he may change his mind later since he went back and forth on the last one and when he decided he wanted to go, we would have had to upgrade a lot for 4 in the cabin, so I just added him just in case now since its easier to remove than add later. So for the 4 of us, the price has now gone up to $6559.88

Cruising will be me (Dany), DH (Joe) and DD18 Sami. It'll be our 7th DCL cruise but her first as an 'adult' so we are looking forward to taking her to Palo and Serenity Bay for the first time. Oh, and we'll also be celebrating my 50th :-)eek:) birthday on the 24th.

Looking forward to spending the next 18 months chit chatting with all of you!

My birthday is on the 24th as well! This will be our daughters first time as an adult as well since we will be 18 too, she turns 19 the following month, cant wait to take her to palo as well. Maybe they can exchange email addresses if they want.

My birthday is on the 24th as well! This will be our daughters first time as an adult as well since we will be 18 too, she turns 19 the following month, cant wait to take her to palo as well. Maybe they can exchange email addresses if they want.

My DD turns 19 in July 2014 too - your DDs b-day wouldn't happen to be on the 14th? That would be too funny.

tried the link to the facebook page but didnt work. I made one at http://www.facebook.com/groups/494617903904145/ I can delete it if you like or we can use this one

I believe the issue is the FB page I created is a closed group therefore anyone has to approved to join. All you have to do is ask to join and an admin of the page has to approve. I noticed the group you set up is an open group therefore has no security or privacy. This means that anyone can see what you post and post themselves even if they are not on this cruise. I totally support your excitement for this cruise but I would not recommend setting up a FB page in this manner. The internet is not the friendly place it once was. There have been incidents in the past with meets therefore I would recommend either we go with the site I set up or you will have to change the settings on yours.

i have my old group, june 24-29, 2012 disney dream cruise, and everyone liked it that way. we are only posting about the cruise, and you do have to be approved to be a member. sure, people can see what we write, but thats the same on the dis boards. we ended up with over 100 members in only 4 months for that group! i thought it worked out well for all of us. Not trying to cause any issues with anyone, but all the others im in as well are the same, such as photopass shares, etc. All of us on the prior won came to the dis boards first, then asked to join, some only used the dis boards for info, some went with the fb page, i guess its whichever you prefer! only people in the group can see what is posted after they are approved to join. i like both myself! Cant wait to sail!

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another week has gone by.
We now have only
tharg-8-50-trans.gif
tharg-0-50-trans.gif

weeks to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter