June Vs August?

jmakesmagic

Earning My Ears
Vacation weeks in summer at my job goes by seniority, so either the week of June 19 or August 7th are my options as of right now. I know both are in the summertime, both are hot/humid, but what are the other pros and cons for both? We've been a ton and have no problem with leaving for breaks throughout the day when it gets super busy. Not sure what to do as of right now. Thanks in advance!

Hi, having been in both June 2019 and August 2021, after going in August I said never again. I was literally pouring sweat as soon as I went outside. My husband's mother said she never saw someone sweat as much as I did that week 😕. Of course June is hot/humid also but it didn't seem to effect me as much. I was also pushing a double stroller both times but more in August 2021 since I had less help then. So if that isn't a factor for you maybe that would make a difference. And of course if someone offered me a free trip to DW in August I'd go without a doubt. So, not terribly but for me August was harder than June. Have a fun whatever you decide!

We've been in both June and August. Both are very hot. June is more tolerable than August. The pictures above are correct, but I'd tweak them slightly. August is like being in a sauna on the surface of the sun. June is very hot, but I did feel a little relief when the sun went down (only a little). If I had to pick I'd choose June.

To me it seemed like August was worse than June. Both are hot, but August just seems worse with humidity. I remember walking out of the room in August and it would like take your breath away like there was no air.

thanks for the input everybody! im ok in heat, but my husband has a harder time. looks like it'll be june! :)

I am also between those times, and what will probably be the deciding factor for us is cost. If you know what hotel(s) you are interested in, see what the rates are for those dates.

I have done both multiple times. August will be less busy. That alone is enough for me to choose August. However, I love the heat.:sunny:

Better chance of a hurricane in August though.

We’ve been both months and prefer June. Both are hot, but August always seems worse to us and more rainy (with risk of hurricane). August will be a little less crowded, but we have found the June crowds to be tolerable.

I've done both in the past and I prefer June, preferably right after Memorial day. From what I remember in the past most Northern schools don't let out till around that time. It did seem that the crowds were less during that time than they were later on in the Summer.

Our last two trips were late July/early august. Don’t think we’ll being doing that again. Every single afternoon it rained, some days for just an hour or so, some days multiple hours. Between rain every afternoon when we wanted to use the pools and the extreme heat, we would choose June over august. And by rain I mean storms.

I am from the UK and we have no choice as to when to travel; at least it is always peak summer for us - late July through August. We have gone for the last two weeks of August as we know many US schools have gone back. Hopefully a bit quieter although it doesn't seem Disney is ever quiet these days!!! All of the comments above worry me about the heat, but reinforce that perhaps people won't turn out in such numbers :)

I’m a local. August and September are the worse for heat and humidity. It’s also peak of the hurricane season. Schools are back in session. Rates are usually lower.

Vacation weeks in summer at my job goes by seniority, so either the week of June 19 or August 7th are my options as of right now. I know both are in the summertime, both are hot/humid, but what are the other pros and cons for both? We've been a ton and have no problem with leaving for breaks throughout the day when it gets super busy. Not sure what to do as of right now. Thanks in advance!
I have been to WDW during the dates, more or less, you have cited. Largely either date is a distinction without a serious difference. WDW has crowds in the summer. WDW is hot and humid, as you note, in the summer. No one here is going to be able to give you an accurate weather forecast for either week, right now. No one here can accurately forecast the crowds for either week, right now. A lot can happen between today and summer that may impact crowds, either to the good or to the bad.

I would recommend staying onsite for purposes of convenience and ease of taking breaks. My DW and I are exclusive summer folks because my DW is a teacher and we are limited with vacation days. So we take breaks and onsite makes mid-day breaks much easier. Stay hydrated. And, the number one thing to pack on your vacation: patience. Have a good attitude and enjoy your vacation. By doing so, you will have a great time whether it is June or August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter