Just Back - boo hoo!

Certifiable WDW Nut

Mouseketeer
Just got back from 6 wonderful days at the World. We stayed at Caribbean Beach and it was very nice. I loved the room. It was large and had lots of storage space. We were in Jamica 44. I didn't request any specific island or building so I was happy we didn't get Trinadad South. Next time I will request Martinique. Jamica wasn't a very long walk from Old Port Royale, but Martinique would have been better. Also, I didn't like walking over Parrot Cay all the time. Because of all the rain and the tropical nature of Parrot Cay, it just never got dry and seemed kind of mildew-y and there was always a lot of bird droppings. I always wondering if I was going to get across without getting bird poop on my head.

The pools were nice but we didn't get much chance to use them. It stormed every afternoon about the time we would have gone to the pool.

The food at the food court was okay but I didn't like the layout. Spent a lot of time in line and you have to pay at each station. It would have been nice to have a place to grab small items (milk, fruit, cookies, etc) and check out rather than have to wait behind people ordering real food. I think I've been spoiled by the All Stars food courts. I really like their layout.

Overall, we would stay there again, but I don't think I would ever pay rack rate. I think the All Stars are a better value.

I also love the All Stars but have ressies for CBR this October. Am still thinking about changing.

How were the busses?

Thanks.

We only used the buses once, so I can't comment. With a stroller and diaper bag and 2 year old, etc, I find it more convenient to drive. I am looking forward to the day, however, when we can use the buses. If you're not carrying a lot of junk, they are generally more convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter