Just back Dec 18 - 23

bcsmom

DIS Veteran
We just got back from another wonderful trip. I can tell you I still prefer going in Sept, even though it is hot you can not beat the crowd levels. Ok here are a few reviews from places we tried.

'Ohana - Wonderful as always, we eat here every trip. I dip just about everything in that peanut sauce!! The steak had a strong charcoal taste this time though. The dessert was YUMMY! I also had a French Cosmo, & boy that put some alochol in that!!!!

Olivia's - My DH loved the pork chops here, and I thought the hamburgers were pretty good. It could have been cooked a little more though. The crab cakes were good, and the onion rings come with different dips. The key lime pie was positively wonderful, and the chocolate cake with raspberry sauce was good too.

Crystal Palace (breakfast) - This is an all time favorite of ours. I just love the choices for breakfast, & I love the french toast puffs. The fruit is very good too. DH loved the omelets. The pototo casserole was good too. It was hard to get my 2 year old to eat, because she was so fascinated with the characters.

Goods to go (OKW) - We got breakfast here a few mornings, & they had this breakfast croissant that was super!!! It had eggs, cheese, & bacon. There was also a breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuit & these cheesy pototo's that were really good. I definitely recommend this if you stay at OKW.

Coral Reef - This was the first time eating here again in 4 years, & I thought it was just ok. I got tuna, & it had this sauce on top, that I did not care for to much. The ceasar salad was excellent though. My DS liked the pizza kids meal. DD got the steak, & she only ate 3 bites I think. It tasted pretty good though, she just wasnt hungry any more. The lobster soup was good, but really rich. The best thing was this key lime pie martini, I had 2 of these!!! The desserts were just ok in my opinion. We got the chocolate wave, way to rich for me. We also got the pineapple upside down cake & it was alright.

Pinnochio Village Haus - I really like the turkey sandwiches here. The dessert choices were not good at all. The strawberry shortcake was not good at all. DS had an ice cream & he liked it.

I will post the rest later. Have a great day!!!

We loved the turkey bacon panini at Pinocchio Haus too. This was my fav CS place. Did you try anything else for dessert there? We had the cannoli == pretty good and shakes (the family replied - very good).

We loved the turkey bacon panini at Pinocchio Haus too. This was my fav CS place. Did you try anything else for dessert there? We had the cannoli == pretty good and shakes (the family replied - very good).

I did not try any thing else for dessert from Pinnochio, on our September trip we were able to get Mickey rice krispy treats.

Pinocchio Haus? We found a panini in MPLS we really like and may check this out. Thanks.

great review, am hoping to try Crystal Palace for brekkie next time we go!

How were the crowds compared with September?

great review, am hoping to try Crystal Palace for brekkie next time we go!

How were the crowds compared with September?

It was a lot more crowded this time of year. When we go in September the waits may say 15 minutes, but we usually only have a 5 - 10 minute wait for any ride. We never use fast passes in September either. The weather was way nicer in December though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter