Just Back from 1/9 Wonder Cruise..

alexandrew

<font color=purple>Keep posting, you'll catch up!<
Had a Great time!!!!

Please look for my trip report, which I will be submitting soon.

Any Q's? Let me know, and I will be glad to answer...

Was Disney offering any specials on future cruises while on board the ship? We sail in two weeks and are already thinking about our next cruise.

Yes... we heard an announcement, as well as a posting in the Navigator regarding a stateroom credit offered by booking a future DCL cruise onboard...I believe it is the same offer as always, the specifics of which I am unsure about.

We are going on the 4 day Wonder on 2/16. We have the late seating although we are wait listed for the earlier one. I was wondering what time the Nassau deck party was on your cruise.
I heard of them being at 8:30 pm which includes kids & others at 10:30 without kids.

Also, this is our first Disney cruise. What kind of promotions do they usually offer & do you have to put a deposit down right then & there?

Nassau farewell deck party started at 9:30...

As for promotions, were you referring to stateroom credit offered when you book a future DCL cruise onboard? I believe you do have to leave the standard deposit amount, which varies depending on which cruise, and # of guests

Hi,
We sail on the Wonder 3/23! Looking forward to reading your trip report. What movies were playing, and do you know how often they change them. Also were the menus and navigators pretty true to what Dave has on his site? How long did it take you to actually board the ship and how soon were you able to enter your cabin?
I'm an obssessive planner, can you tell!
Mollie Jo

'Cause when I awoke this morning and put CNN on the big news was that Florida had a high of 40!

What was the temps in Nassau? Any better?

Thanks

Scratch:smooth:

Movies were:
Lilo and Stich
Santa Clause 2
Treasure Planet
Signs
Big Fat Greek Wedding
Spy Kids 2

From what I've seen on Daves website, I think Navigators and menus are pretty much the same...except for small differences in programming...

We got to ship late, around 1:45...so we boarded later than most. If you have a question about boarding, I maybe can answer it from past experience...You may enter your cabin at about 1:30

Scratch42, temps Nassau a.m were chilly, but quickly warmed up by midday to around 72 degrees. Debarkation this morning in Port Canaveral was cold, low 50's

Last night on the news I saw Jacksonville was 32 degrees!!
Oh my.........

Looking forward to your trip report!

Also, you may be able to answer the thread I just posted, asking about new mattresses on the Wonder.

Hope you had a great time!!!

<B>alexandrew</B> - Who was the captain? And who was your server?

Looking forward to your trip report!

Shari

captain was John Barwiss...my server was Putra from Indonesia..unfortunately, since we only dined in the regular rotation once, I forgot our asst server's name...

As for the mattress, it seemed quite comfortable...Also, I noticed the bedspread was a solid blue color - this may have been changed from the theme bedspread I remember from the Magic - I'm not sure though, since this was our first Wonder cruise.

Thanks for the info.

On my Nov. <I>Wonder</I> cruise the bedspread was solid color also. It was a bit disappointing, since on all previous <I>Wonder</I> cruises it had a nautical theme with little "hidden Mickeys" on it.

Was also on 1/9/03 Wonder Cruise. Have been on the Magic before, but this was our first time on the Wonder. It was great! Gramma came along (her first Disney cruise) and was worried about getting sick, but thoroughly enjoyed herself. Met Rachel, the Cruise Director, during the Castaway Club reception and she was the sweetest person. Can't wait to go again and am looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Was also on 1/9/03 Wonder Cruise. Have been on the Magic before, but this was our first time on the Wonder. It was great! Gramma came along (her first Disney cruise) and was worried about getting sick, but thoroughly enjoyed herself. Met Rachel, the Cruise Director, during the Castaway Club reception and she was the sweetest person. Can't wait to go again and am looking forward to seeing your pictures!

We were also on the 1/9 Wonder. It was a great trip!!! We upgraded at the port from a catagory 11 to a catagory 6. I hated that I missed the CC reception, I was having my massage and facial at that time.

I just have to add that the Souffle at Palos is as wonderful as everyone says!!!!!!!!! I've never tasted anything so good!!!!

Donna

StayHomeMom,
How did you arrange your upgrade on the phone or at the port? How much did it cost?
Thanks so much,

disneylover5,

We upgraded at the port. It was $578. I didn't think that was bad at all.

Good luck,
Donna

We also received an upgrade from an outside room on the second floor to a verandah room on the 6th floor. Disney called our travel agent and informed us that we had been upgraded--no charge at all! Our travel agent is Joyce from Cruise Savers, Inc. (www.cruisesaversinc.com) and she's very helpful--will definitely use them in the future.

P.S. They also had the very best rates for Florida residents I could find any where.

WOW, you are really lucky!!! What a great upgrade.

What room were you in? We were in 6128, it was perfect. Absolute silence:0)

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter