Just Back from 1/9 Wonder Cruise..

We were in 6144--just down the hallway! We probably passed each other. My boys and I enjoyed watching the ship dock in both Nassau and Castaway Cay. Plus we could even sneak out in our pajamas on the verandah as it was very private. I can't wait to cruise again!

If you don't mind, could you tell me what you paid? I am curious to see if my TA did a good job for us...we had a cat 9, which i assume you had as well, since you were originally booked in an oceanview stateroom on deck 2

I paid $1100, port charges and taxes included, for cat 9 for me, DW, DS-6 yrs, and DS-18 mos.(only had to pay port charges and taxes for him)

alexandrew: what was the overall dress at Palo's? you promised to take notes! Anyone barefoot? How many suits? How many people barefoot in suits?!? :p

Did you drive up to the port on the day of embarkation? We are coming from your general area also, and I was expecting it to take about 2 or 2.5 hours. I'm just trying to figure out the best time to leave home, miss traffic, and arrive at the port early enough so we can get Palo's and Flounder's reservations.

How did your DS (18 months) do? Did he like Flounder's? DD will be 20 months when we go on the Wonder. She has never stayed with anyone other than mom, dad, and grandma, so it should be interesting to see if she wants to do Flounder's.

Also, on her previous cruises, her favorite activity has been climbing all the stairs. Did your DS take advantage of that?

OH, and most importantly, can you give a report about the goings-on at the Mickey pool - toilet trained kids or not?!?!

We have a Cat 8. Did you find the Cat 9 roomy enough w/ the 2 kids? Did DCL provide a crib for your youngest? Was it a pack-n-play, or more like a porta-crib?

Wow, that was a lot of questions! Sorry!

People were dressed very well at Palo!!!..ALL men in jackets...women generally in nice pantsuits, or cocktail dresses...no sparkly dresses for women though(not that formal)

As indicated on my trip report, we had to take DS, 18 months to Dr. before heading to the port...drive is 175 miles from Boca...we got there at 1:45, and although I had to park in the farther lot, it's still very close to the terminal...we were pleasantly surprised that not only was check in a breeze with no lines at that time, we immediately got both our first choices at Palo and Flounders, don't stress about getting to port that early...

For the first time in 3 cruises, my little guy at Flounders had us paged, due to his crying. I indicated in my trip report that I thought the tolerance level of the staff at Flounders aboard Wonder lacked an energy and enthusiasm of those on Magic.Also, I think they pulled the trigger in paging us a little too soon...although they waited til right after Disney Dreams...missed our night at Tritons though (no escargot:mad: )My little guy is just learning to do stairs, so he'll have to wait til next time...

As for Mickey pool, I've never seen it so empty...although pool is heated to 80 degrees, the temps were sometimes nippy...other than the slide, the pool for us is just not an attraction, since we live in S FL...

Cat 9 is perfect for my family of 4, since my boys are little....DCL provided a pack-N-play for the little guy ...BIG TIP - DW always brings an extra sheet and his crib mattress pad along for some extra cushy comfort...

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any more questions....:D

Sorry I haven't read your trip report. I will have to go read that.

Uh oh, I think i might have to change my suggestion to our group of going jacket-less in Palo's. We still have some time to decide. I figure if every guy in our group is dressed similarly, then they won't feel out of place (compared to being the only guy in Palo without a jacket).

That is reassuring though that you got your Palo and Flounder's reservations without a hassle. We are going with 4 families, so we want to make sure everything will coincide - I feel like we still have to arrive extra early to be sure of that. Maybe I am just paranoid.

I feel the same way about the pool. I have been on 7 or 8 cruises now, and I think I've gone in the pool maybe once or twice. However, to be told that DD specifically can't use the pool (because she isn't fully potty trained yet) makes me feel like we are really missing something! Go figure. She loves swimming, so it should be a trick to keep her away from the pools.

Thanks also for the tip on the extra padding for the pack n play. I was already planning to bring that! Tell your DW that great minds think alike....or at least great mommy minds ;)

Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter