Just back from 2 nights HRH

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
Just back yesterday - stayed at HRH after 6 nights at WDW. We originally had a deluxe pool view room reserved for the 5 of us with the Entertainment rate, and had to change our dates 2 weeks out :eek: - we were lucky to get a room at all, did get a garden view room reserved thru hotelkingdom.com. Had to pay $249 vs. original rate of $189 for the deluxe pool view room :( .

Anyway (just had to vent!). - arrived around 10 a.m. Asked if a deluxe room had opened up, but they were all sold out. Our room was ready, but when we got there it had a very strong chemical smell, like it had just been sprayed to get rid of cigarette smoke. Went to front desk and they put us in another room. No smell this time! Room 6105, a bit of a walk from the elevators, but nice view over the courtyard and boat dock. It was a handicapped accessible room, so a little inconvenient not having a sink outside the bathroom, but OK. Bathroom itself was huge!
We couldn't bring ourselves to pay $25 per night for a rollaway :eek: :eek: :eek: - so my sons took turns sleeping on the floor.
With our Loews card, we got a newspaper daily and a plate of 3 monster cookies and a carafe of milk soon after we arrived - very nice!
We had stopped by the grocery store on the way from WDW to pick up breakfast supplies and snacks - when we arrived we discovered that a big continental breakfast layout is now available at Emack and Bolio's, but we were still glad we stopped to get pop and snacks.
We have stayed at HRH before, and love the quick walk to the parks and FOTL. Just can't be beat!! USF wasn't very crowded (except the big headliners like Shrek), but IOA was very busy, and we were so happy to have FOTL. It's so worth it!
My only big gripe about USE compared to Disney is the cigarette smoking everywhere. People don't seem to pay much mind to the nonsmoking in puclic areas rule and walk around with a cigarette everywhere! A big personal peeve of mine. My DD and I were at the hot tub at the HRH, and 2 couples (there with their little kids) were standing in the hot tub smoking, with cups of beer on the edge of the hot tub. Gross!
Other than that, we had a great time overall - visited RPR - it is beautiful, but I think I still prefer HRH for the proximity to the parks.

glad to hear you had a nice time!

i am a smoker but respect the rights of non smokers and smoke where it is allowed-
it would bother me if people were blowing smoke all around my kids-i don't want my kids around smoke so we don't smoke in the house

lisa:wave:

hello

yes, we are staying at RPR-
i have reserved a club room at RPR then debated about reserving a club at HRH but by the time i finished deciding :rolleyes: what i wanted to do all the APH rates for my dates at HRH were gone... but i plan on having a great time at RPR- the hotel looks beautiful

this will be our first time to USO!!

lisa:sunny:

Grumpyandbashful,
Is Emack and Bolio's on site? Where is this place? Do you remember the price of the breakfast? Sorry for so many questions at once. We are staying at HRH and would like to find a reasonably priced place for breakfast.
Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by music
Grumpyandbashful,
Is Emack and Bolio's on site? Where is this place? Do you remember the price of the breakfast? Sorry for so many questions at once. We are staying at HRH and would like to find a reasonably priced place for breakfast.
Thanks for the info.
Yes, it's on site. It's downstairs near the Kitchen Restaurant. You'll see it as you go out to the pool.

Can't tell you the actual price of breakfast items, since we had bought cereal milk and donuts at the grocery store, we just bought milk at Emack and Bolio's when we ran out.
They have cereal in individual bowls, milk, Starbuck's coffee :tongue: , juices, pastries, donuts, bagels, fruit, etc. A big spread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter