just back from CR north garden wing

Metallicat

DIS Veteran
Hi All, DD and I got back yesterday from our stay at the CR and now we have a new favorite resort. it was so easy to walk to the MK and we enjoyed the shops and restaurants. especially chef mickeys.
I did find a few little things that bothered me. first of all the beds. the first night I pulled back the covers to find that the sheets had not been changed much less the bedspreads. not to gross you all out, but there were hairs all over the sheets and pillow cases. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. and yes, I had mousekeeping change the linens and bring clean blankets. the bedspreads are downright nasty and they didn't change them after my request because the same urine stain was there when we came in and I checked. I tipped at first but stopped when I noticed things were not being cleaned properly. we walked in on the maid one day and I saw her kicking our earplugs under the bed. we always take some earplugs because of loud neighbors and we had some which I refered to as "the elephants upstairs". they stomped around and moved furniture and slammed dresser drawers until midnight every night. we requested a refridge which was about the size of a 19 inch tv. small, but it held what we needed and yes I was billed $10.65 per night for use.
BEWARE BUYING E RIDE TICKETS AT CR! I bought e ride night tickets and the CM told me that they don't have the e ride tickets like they used to that you use your hotel room key and present it for a wrist band. I said, really, they changed it? the cm said yes its a new procedure. DONT BELIEVE IT! she didn't know what she was talking about and when we went for wristbands was told, no, you need a e ride ticket card just like you use to. well, then we had to go to city hall (in the MK) and they looked it up on the computer and indeed we had purchased tickets. the cm just didnt give us the proper tickets but we got in anyways. it just caused some worry and after that my room key was demagnatized after they had to scan it about the e ride tickets and I had to get a new key. so, I guess these were the worse of the problems. the rooms were nice and big but the bathroom lay out was ridiculas. I would have liked it better if the sink area was away from the tub/shower so the next person could be getting ready while the other showers. the shower curtain was clear and you could see right in there. so unless you are a real close family, its impossible to use the vanity area while someone is in the shower. also, the room service pizza was the worse pizza in the history of all pizza. it was not fit to eat. the cheese was not even melted in the middle and it tasted awfull. other than these things we did enjoy the resort and will stay there again. our room was ground floor facing the lake and we had the cutest ducks and birds hanging around near our sliding glass doors. you should have seen them come running when we had food! and there was a cute little rabbitt outside our door every day too. well, gotta go... Linda
btw, if you have a car at CR, it is very hard to find a parking spot at the north garden wing. I had to circle the lot several times every time before finding one.

The Contemporary Resort is our all time favorite resort in WDW and we stay there several times a year, but I think the parking is horrible. So many times we've had to circle to try to find a parking spot. Many times after the park closes I've seen families walking back from the MK and getting into cars. That's when I go out to move the car closer to the hotel. I know it's been said that they've been issuing 3 hour parking passes, but I wonder if they really enforce it.

Metallicat,
I don't want this to come out the wrong way, so please don't jump on me if it does. You had some very valid and very upsetting complaints, yet you call the CR your new favorite resort. Could you elaborate on the good things that made your stay a positive one? I don't think I would have handled myself nearly as gracefully as you did had I found a urine stain on the bedspread and hair on the sheets!

Metallicat,

I understand how you could call it your favorite resort - even with a few wrenches thrown in there. while little things detract from a visit, they don't ruin your stay!! :) :)

We have stayed at CR twice - going back in 2 days :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: . Thanks for the pizza tip. I've heard the Poly has great pizza from room service (we're staying there too :) ). I'll make sure not to order from CR.

We are 1 guy and 3 gals. So, yes, us gals shower and primp at the same time!! :) :)

There are so many varied opinions here about the CR (any resort, for that matter), but you have to try them yourself to find out if they fit your family.

2 more days........:) :) :) :) ..........The wait is excruciating!!

Anna

We really liked the CR too, but had a similar experience with room service. I ordered a pasta dish that was miserable. The breakfast we got there was great, however.

regarding the parking at CR, I do believe I noticed a sign at the entrance that said no parking for MK guests or something like that. they were in the process of paving the lot too.
I have never stayed at a "perfect" hotel" meaning that at every one I have ever stayed at had a few things about it that I didn't like. from problems like noise to cleanliness, I know things happen and try not to complain too much unless its just something I cannot live with. (I did complain about the linens though) I will most definlitly stay at the CR again and hopefully will get a cleaner room next time :D I loved being right in the middle of WDW, I loved the space mtn. feel of the resort and the monorail being right inside the bldg. I love eating at chef mickeys and seeing the castle in the background and the look on my DD's face (age 21) when Goofy played with her hair and pretended he had scissors and was pretend cutting her long blonde hair. being two females on our own, we felt totally safe there too. these are a few positives I should have mentioned but I still gotta say, the bedspeads and linen in our room was filthy. Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter