Just back from the Southwest!!!

I just booked the Southwest tour for last week in may 2008. Thanks for all this great information. Keep it coming!!

We're booked for a trip in early July of 2008, so we're really interested in Bicker's report, the good, the bad and the ugly!

Maybe it's time to start a "who's going when" thread. We're on the adults-only tour at the end of September / beginning of October.

Hi all:

Are there any different activities/tours that the guides schedule for the adults only week?

My wife and I are cosidering this trip.

Thanks,

Mark

There's nothing specific in the literative that I've seen one way or the other. I'm just assuming none of the kids' activities - unless we make a fuss about it!

Hi all:

Are there any different activities/tours that the guides schedule for the adults only week?

My wife and I are cosidering this trip.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi, after going on the trip as a single adult, they don't really schedule I dont think any more activities. Kids were pulled away from our group for their activities so I thinks its more like you might have more free time then the normal trip. The kids were a great asset to the trip though and lots of fun to see especially during the raft float where we had a "war" going on. PM me for more info

Hi, after going on the trip as a single adult, they don't really schedule I dont think any more activities. Kids were pulled away from our group for their activities so I thinks its more like you might have more free time then the normal trip. The kids were a great asset to the trip though and lots of fun to see especially during the raft float where we had a "war" going on. PM me for more info

Hi:

Thanks for your input... so I gather you would prefer a family mix versus an adult only mix... I can see the benefit of that....

Thanks,

Mark

On this southwest splendor trip - any comments on the traveling between cities? When you look at this tour relative to the 3 cities you stay in and distances between them, I'm wondering how much time it spent traveling (which I assume is by bus). Can anyone comment on this, experiences here?

It looks like a really great trip and I don't seem to see any references in postings already about the travel between cities and time. I didn't see anything on the ABD site on this.

On this southwest splendor trip - any comments on the traveling between cities? When you look at this tour relative to the 3 cities you stay in and distances between them, I'm wondering how much time it spent traveling (which I assume is by bus). Can anyone comment on this, experiences here?

It looks like a really great trip and I don't seem to see any references in postings already about the travel between cities and time. I didn't see anything on the ABD site on this.

We went on the Southwest Splendors a few months ago and we did travel a great distance, but the motor coach was very comfortable and the ABD guides showed movies (cartoons) during the trip to keep everyone entertained.

The longest segment was 6 hours between Sedona & the Grand Canyon, but we stopped at Monument Valley about mid-way. The other long trip was 3 hours from the Grand Canyon to Moab, but again, we watched movies or just enjoyed the passing landscape, which is quite beautiful.

Then the last segment, between Moab and Grand Junction Airport, took nearly 2 hours. We left Red Cliffs Lodge at about 9 am and arrived at the airport at 11 am. It was an awesome trip!

Like last post you are on the bus between cities but there is always something going on. The guides told stories or talked of history of the region we were in. They did show movies during the longer day of 6 hours and again it did not seem so long since we broke up the day and saw so much. You do travel I think 900 miles in total. It is so worth doing this part of the country on a tour. I've done it on my own and you do not gain the knowledge of the locals etc like on an ABD

We did this trip in June with our group from last year that did the Wyoming trip, so the kids decided to bring their DS games to play with each other during the long bus rides. They had a blast, teaming up with each other to play. I suggest you bring this game and a game card that all the kids can play at once.
Next year we are all doing Germany with Jennae Hopefully as our guide!!
pirate:

We did this trip in June with our group from last year that did the Wyoming trip, so the kids decided to bring their DS games to play with each other during the long bus rides. They had a blast, teaming up with each other to play. I suggest you bring this game and a game card that all the kids can play at once.
Next year we are all doing Germany with Jennae Hopefully as our guide!!
pirate:

When are you thinking of going, want to do this with my kids too but can't decide on a date and time? sounds like the kids had tons of fun

Hi there, We are going to Germany on the July 12th to 20th trip. We will have 5 girls ages 15(2) 13(3) two boys age 13 and 12. What ages are your children? Where are you from? You should join us, we are planing side trips now with our Free time. We are all to Paris first then taking the train to Heildelburg.
amsae from Ohio pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter