Just back from VWL

LTGRAMPS

Mouseketeer
Just back from 8 great days at VWL. Weather was great, crowds very manageble ( 10-20 min waits in line), security is still checking every bag at the parks. The Lodge and Villas are absolutely beautiful and very quiet. the rooms are definately smaller than OKW. We stayed in room 4530, near elevators and balcony overlooking woods. Room was clean and in excellant condition. We did however get the last day housekeeping knock at 8:30 even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. I immediately called the front desk and complained. I shall also register a complaint with MS and the Hotel Manager when I recover from the trip home! We had a lot of problems with PAN AM which I will post on the transportation board. Also, can't say enough about Faith, from DOVE Transportaion. We used her Town Car service round trip from Sanford Airport, and then had to call her late from the airport because of Pan Am. She returned within 15 minutes and brought us back to Orlando. Great service!! Will also post on Transportation Board. Quiet pool was open on and off. They have had trouble with the sealer on the pool deck, an under water light keeps falling out, and a lot of problems with pine needles jamming the filter. It was opened five days out of eight, but was closed again the day we left.

LTGRAMPS....Glad you had a great trip.

That quiet pool sounds like they still have a lot of bugs to work out....as an owner, I hope they are getting all the work done free under warranty from the pool contractor! Hate to see my VWL dues go up.

Also, a reminder to post a room report on the DIS board....the VWL database is pretty light so far!

Again, glad to hear your trip went well and that you enjoyed good weather and moderate crowds.

We just got back from VWL too. We were just down the hall from you (4553). Hope our kids did not disturb you when we went down the hall.:D

Nope, I can honestly say that this room was the quietest room anywhere in Disney. Couldn't here anyone above us, next to us, or walking down the hall!! Hope you and your family had a great time too!!

LTGRAMPS-- Glad your trip went well! I'm anxious for our first trip "home" to VWL in June 2002. We've stayed at the Lodge 3 times, and absolutely love it there. Was type room is #4530? (studio,...) Also, did your balcony have the open railings? I think I requested the 3rd or 4th floor, and have always enjoyed a room right next to the elevators at the lodge since I'm usually dragging our 3 children back to the room everyday alone!:)

Benhannah' mom--Interested to know what type room yours was also (#4553).

228 days and counting!:D

Since you're "technically" not supposed to bring outside food and drink into the parks, was that a problem when they were checking bags?

You mentioned that the quiet pool was closed the day you left.
What day did you leave?

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at VWL. I agree with you that it is so very quiet. I loved it!! We couldn't hear any other guest when we were there in August!

We stayed on the 5th floor overlooking the woods and if we looked to the left we saw the quiet pool. It was very nice.

BraveMom 3:
We had a 1 Bedroom Unit. Bedroom had King size bed, tv unit, two nightstands but not much draw space. Kitchen areas are much smaller than OKW. Once you move the coffee table up to the tv unit, open the queen couch up into a bed, you can't move around too much. I definately like the layouts at OKW much better.
DVCajun:
Your not supposed to take food into the parks, but no problem into rooms. That is why we have kitchen units. When we arrived, the bellman marked down on our luggage receipt that we had 5 suitcases and 3 bags of groceries and 1 case of soda. Even asked us if we had perishables that needed refrigeration while we were checking in.
Poon&Piglet:
We left on Sat. 10-13 and they had signs at each entrance to the pool saying that it was temporarily closed.
Happy to answer anymore questions if I can.

...ment checking bags at the parks,not VWL. Did you notice if they were giving people going into the parks a hard time about food they were bringing in ?

The security guards at the park gates didn't seem to care whether or not you had food in your bags. One time the family next to us had a soft side cooler full of food and all the guard said was "do you have any glass bottles in there?".

Yup, now that I reread DVCajun's question, I did misunderstand him. Security seemed to only be looking for any type of weapon. I even brought in the " illeagal packs"of bubble gum. Several times in the parks I saw families eating sandwiches while waiting in lines. With the skyrocketing costs of everything in Disney, I think you will see more and more picnic type food being brought in.

We were also there at the same time (WDW & VWL) Loved it, except that we had smoking, handicapped accessible room #2546 - studio (which I'll write more about when I'm home and not at work!!). At AK, when security checked bags someone had drink boxes with small straws, he reminded the family that those had to go in the trash because of the animals. But nothing else was said.

Ditto on the quietness of the rooms at VWL. We were there in early February and it was so quiet that it seemed as though there was no one else at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter