Just back, used USA rate code

mark & sandra

DIS Veteran
We just returned from WDW, 5/23-5/28, we booked with Avis and used a "questionable" rate code (USA). There was no problems at all. The counter person called up my ressie and told me that there wasn't any full sized cars left . She asked if I minded a free upgrade to a premium car. Of course I didn't. Never once did she ask about the rate code that I had used. 6 days for only 157.00 and I was also able to use my 25.00 coupon for reg. for a wizard #. New price was 132.00. For all those naysayers out there, it doesn't hurt to book using a rate code that seems to work. For anyone who did book using the USA code and is wondering if it will work, it sure did for us.

Thanks! ;) What model of car did you get? I have a luxury booked with Avis, did you happen to see any luxury cars?

Just an FYI.... The USA and/or US rate codes do not work anymore on Avis' website. If you try to use them you get the following message....

ERROR:

The rate code you entered can not be applied to this rental. Please remove it and try again.
Rate Code entered is invalid

I also booked a luxury car in March using this code and got a great rate for 10 days in August.

Mark&Sandra, did they ask you for your print out from the internet with the price on it or did you fax or call ahead of time? My DH used the code twice for a rental in two different airports and they said both times there was no rate showing in the computer with the reservation and he had to show his print out from the internet to get the discount rate. Did you experience this? Thanks!

RobinLyn :)

I just tried to book on Avis using the USA code, and it gave me that same error message. I hope this doesn't mean that they have removed this permanently! I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE BOOKED THIS THING LAST MONTH!!! Does anyone know why it doesn't work anymore?? HELP!! I am trying to get a one-way one-day rental from Charleston, SC or Greenville, SC to Port Canaveral, and I can't find it for cheaper than $80!! Do you get a $25 coupon for registering for a wizard number?

Originally posted by dropzone9
Does anyone know why it doesn't work anymore?? HELP!!

I do not know for certain why it doesn't work, but I can make a guess. The code may have not been a valid one to begin with, which explains why some of the agents at the counter couldn't see it. What I mean here, was maybe it was a special use code, or something similar to it and a glitch with the internet system that allowed the quotes to go through. Or, maybe it just had a date of expiration on it and it expired. Either way it looks like if you have a reservation with this code on it and it's great price they will honor it. You just can't make any new reservations with that code now....

Hello RobinLyn-
We had already called Avis customer service and asked why our rate showed up much higher when we viewed it after we printed it out. After 3 calls to customer service they confirmed us through their main computer with the lower rate. If they hadn't then we would have needed to show our printout for proof of the lower rate. I hope others took advantage of this code before they took it away. It saved us about 70.00.

dropzone9-
The coupon is an online coupon you get for reg. for a wizard #. It is for 5.00 per day, up to 25.00 for 5 days. You need to print it out and bring it to the pick-up counter.

Thanks for the reply, I will do the same before we go.

RobinLyn :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter