Just booked my first on-site visit ever!

jmkst58

DIS Veteran
I JUST BOOKED MY FIRST ON-SITE VISIT EVER!!!!!

I am SO EXCITED...I'm crazy....I know.

Anyway...I booked a Poly Garden with a daybed.......here's the question......Will booking the daybed rule out any other perks for me (location to pool, ceremonial house, monorail), perhaps maybe those rooms don't have balconies, etc?

I did it for my 2 yo but she can always sleep in a crib.

I'm going right now to read the FAQ's from start to finish...I just wondered if anyone knew off the top of his/her head.

BTW.....how is the Poly around Christmas time? I know it's probably not the most ideal one around Christmas time, but I wanted the Poly to be my "first."

Gosh....I'm crazy......I'm going crazy...I know. Gotta settle down...I'm at work.

My husband said that if I bought him that car that he wanted then I could go to Disney again this year.....so I'm going to Disney the RIGHT way this time...........hehhehehehe

Congratulations! You will love the Poly. It is our favorite resort. All the rooms have daybeds so requesting one won't hurt your chances for any "perks". The rooms are among the largest deluxe rooms on site. You will enjoy the space with your little one.

You should definately look for and read Tikiman's site on the Poly. Everything you would ever want to know, you will find on that site. It will be very helpful to you. My main advice to you would be to take time to enjoy the resort. The Christmas decorations are very nice but you have the convenience to resort hop to the other resorts to look at their decorations alson. The GF and WL are very nice at xmas time.

Hope you enjoy looking for information!

Thank you so much wdwnutze. I didn't know that about the daybeds.....THAT IS GREAT!!!

I do hope to visit the GF and WL too. I've never even visited any resorts before
:o

SO EXCITED!!!

I have not stayed at Poly yet, but I jsut wanted to say, CONGRATS on staying on site. You will never want to stay off site again!!! It is the only way to go!

Angie

You'll love the Poly, I was just there in June and I LOVED IT. Now Missy, calm down and do your work, it'll get here before you know it, LOL Have a GREAT time. I wish I knew how to add Tikiman page so you can read all about it. Maybe someone else could help you with that

I stayed last year at the contemporary and I loved it. I was so excited. I had always wanted to stay there since I was a kid. And I wasn't disappointed. The next time we are heading to the Polynesian.

Thanks for the link......Just got done with Tiki's site (haven't worked much today....hehehehe)....well there you have it. That about sums it up, huh? Who needs a FAQ? Great page. LOOKS WONDERFUL!!!!

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you! When I read the title of your post, I got all excited, and then I read where you were staying, and that just did it ;) All of the Poly rooms I've stayed in have had the daybed, and for the record, its very comfortable! Are you planning on requesting any certain building? I got incredibly lucky in December paying for a garden view, and ending up being able to see the Castle from my room in Aotearoa. This building was also a really short walk from the Great Ceremonial House, so its my favorite so far :)

Oh, and eat some french fries from Captain Cook's for me! They are my favorite!

I forgot to mention in my last post that from that building, I could hear both the luau and the Electrical Water Parade from my balcony. Favorite room ever ;)

THANKS SO MUCH POLY PRINCESS!!

Was that room still considered garden or did you get an upgrade? That location sounds wonderful. And I would really love it if I could see the castle. And chances are that I probably will be eating french fries from Captain Hooks for you....:D Can't Wait!!! THANKS!!!

Congratulations - Poly was my first stay ever - end of November to beginning of December. The room names have changed since then but, I think I stayed in what used to be Moorea. It was close to the TTC but, further away from the main building. The rooms were huge and they all have a day bed. Our daughter was 16 months and we had a crib but, we did not feel one bit cramped. We had a garden view room and each morning from the balcony, it was lovely to see the rabbits and ducks scampering about.

Walking through the resort at nightime is lovely - you really feel as if you are in Hawaii. We enjoyed going in the quiet pool at about 10pm when nobody else was in. We are from the uk so the temps seemed warm to us!

While the Christmas decor was not as nice as at the GF and WL you can easily visit them and being on the monorail your first time is magical.

Have a great stay.

Thanks Cinderella. I'm going the end of Nov-beginning of Dec. too and I'm so worried that we won't be wearing shorts or using the pool. Your post is helping ease my fear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter