Just made reservations, could I still get a discount code? and AAA question?

txaggiemomof3

Mouseketeer
I just made reservations for the first week of October at POR w/ the AAA rate. I was afraid to wait to make reservations in case they ran out of rooms at the AAA rate. If I already have a reservation in the system, is it still possible to be offered a lower rate via e-mail or PIN code? Our rate is $107/night but I'm hoping to get a lower rate than that or possibly even upgrade to AKL w/ a code. When do those codes typically come out for October reservations? I've seen a couple posts where people got $79/night during value season at a moderate resort - this is what I'm really wanting :smooth:

Also, is there any type of AAA discount on packages? The rep. told me there wasn't one but I thought I read somewhere that there was.

Thanks for any feedback! :flower:

The AAA discount on packages is only on the room portion...you pay the regular price for dining and tickets (well actually I think there is a tiny AAA discount on the tickets)....for our Nov trip I could have made a room only reservation using a AAA discount through CRO, but if I wanted to book a package (including MYW tickets plus dining) and still get the AAA room rate I had to book through AAA...if I booked the package directly through Disney then I would have had to pay rack rate for the room, tickets and dining.

It is not a huge savings, but in our case being able to get the AAA discount on the room saved about $200...and the tickets and dining were the same price

If a general discount becomes available, (this is, if you're not a fla res or a AP holder) you can call to see if the discount can be applied. you are not guarnteed to get one, because they are limited in the numbers of rooms that are discounted.

The AAA deal makes sense. Now I just need to decide if I really want the package or not :) I really like the idea of a dining plan because I am the type of person who will freak out at every meal when I get the bill!!!

I'm hoping, wishing, crossing fingers/toes, etc... that I'm one of the lucky ones who gets a good discount code in the meantime :shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter