• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Katie & Ed 12-14-09 Help! How do I make the bride/groom hats?!??!

december14disney

December Magic
Hi guys! I hope I am starting this in the right location. My Fiance and I have just starting planning our Disney wedding and I love being a part of all these boards because I feel like a Disney wedding is SO unique that not just any wedding planning board will do!

About Us:
Ed and I worked together for years and were friends the whole time. Then in the summer of 2005 all of a sudden we were madly in love! I cant explain anything about it...but I can tell you this..its perfect!
232323232%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3268%3E272%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D32339848537%3B4nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp339%3Enu%3D3268%3E272%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D3233984852837nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D3268%3E272%3E688%3EWSNRCG%3D3233984852849nu0mrj

Engagement:

Ed and I go to Disney every year..sometimes twice! In December of 2007 we decided to take a trip down to see the Christmas decor. The whole trip he was acting funny--I should have known! On December 14th, 2007 Ed and I went to Mickeys Verry Merry Christmas Party. In front of the Main Street Christmas tree he told me to close my eyes. When I opened them I was surrounded by all of these Disney cast members and hundreds of people who were taking pictures and cheering. Ed was on his knee. On a bed of white roses was a glass slipper. In the glass slipper was my ring! He had put a tiara on my head and said will you be my wife..no.. my princess? I was crying SO hard. I never even said yes! I just nodded! Afterwards I said "Did you ask my Daddy?" My dad and I are SO close I had to know if he approved. Come to find out they knew since October and were waiting for our call!!

Why Disney?:
Ed and I booked a "traditional" wedding back in Detroit on 10-03-09. Nothing about it seemed "right" so I just gave up planning. Finally Ed sat me down and said "what is wrong with you!" I said this isnt IT. Everything about it wasnt "us" even the date was some random date we picked. We finally took a deep breath and looked AGAIN at Disney. From Day 1 I wanted a Disney wedding but thought they all were 50,000 dollars. I lurked on these boards and found gorgeous weddings were done at 10,000! We looked at each other and said "yes!" So we are getting married December 14th, 2009 exactly two years from when we got engaged AT the place we got engaged at! The date means so much because it was our engagement date and that night we were laying in a hammock at the Grand Floridian and we watched a bride take her photos. I should have known then it was meant to be!

Basics:
Ceremony: 2:30 at the wedding pavillion
Cocktails: 3:30 at the Whitehall Patio
Reception: 4:30-7:30 in the Whitehall room
Desserts and Fireworks: 8:30 The UK Lower at Epcot
I really hope we get all these times and locations. I have my heart dead set on that date for obvious reasons and the times are what I love. Thats the one thing I hate about this Disney planning...anticipation!
Photography: Roots! (AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am excited and obsessed and I am not even sure its healthy! Thanks to Carries journal I found them and LOVE them. They are unique and passionate about everything they do.)

I will post later with some actual planning stuff and not just "gabbing" =)

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming Disney wedding! I wanted to post that 12/14 is my wedding date - although years before yours - my DH and I were married in 1996! We honeymooned in Disney that year and have managed a trip every other year since!

Can't wait to hear about all of the details!

:welcome: and Congratulations!!:cheer2: What a wonderful engagement story! Can't wait to hear more of your plans!:goodvibes

Hi ladies. Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I thought tonight I would post some of my ring pics. Ed did a fabulous job..its an asscher cut diamond with sapphires...makes me feel like royalty!!
EngagementPics037.jpg

EngagementPics038.jpg

EngagementPics039.jpg

EngagementPics040.jpg

Some more planning details. (excuse the way they are laid out in slide form...it was for my knot profile)
Our colors are chocolate and lime. Its different and elegant. I love it!
colorslide.jpg

I want alot of lime/green in my flowers. I love the idea of hydrangeas for centerpieces.
flowerslide.jpg

Out of town bags!!
ootbagsslide.jpg

Coming next post...save the date ideas

I love your colors!!!!

Your ring is beautiful. Your DF did a great job picking that out!!!

Congrats from the west side of Michigan! I felt the same way and did the same thing after we got engaged; I just stopped planning because nowhere in Michigan seemed "right". Now that we're locked in on Disney, I'm on the internet all day searching for ideas and talking to my Disney planner! I'm looking forward to reading along as you make your plans! :yay:

...and your ring is beautiful!! I love the blue!

OMG, I have to tell you that you engagement story made me cry. Beautiful! Congratulations :)

Oh and I love the green!! I have it pictured in my head if I ever get married again that it will all be pink(my fav color) and green (my bf's fav color).

Hi ladies,

Thank you for all of your wonderful welcomes. I am so happy to be here! I have a major update! Ed and I booked a trip to Disney December 12th-17th. We are staying at the Pop for the first time...we stayed at POR last year when we got engaged and loved it but Pop was SO affordable! (Saved 500 bucks for those of you that might want to plan around that time!) I love that last year we were there on the 12-14 and got engaged, this year we are there for our trip and site visit and next year we will be there and get married! Our plans and ADRs are:
December 12th- Check in around 2 (we are driving) and Downtown Disney ADR Raglan Road
December 13th-Engagement photos with the Roots at the Poly and Boardwalk! (AHHH) Hollywood Studios ADR Brown Derby and Kona Cafe
December 14th- (ONE YEAR TO THE DATE!) We are celebrating by going to the Magic Kingdom and then to Mickeys Verry Merry Christmas Party where we got engaged. ADR is The Wave at the Contemporary for a romatic dinner!
December 15th- Site visit with Heidi where she will confirm our times and locations! So excited! Also Epcot and ADR at San Angel Inn.
December 16th- My personal favorite, Animal Kingdom. ADR Yak and Yeti and Boma (which was our first dinner together after we got engaged last year. Ugh I am a SUCKER for romantic little things)
December 17th- Breakfast at Crystal Palace. We are getting into MK early for this at 8 AM! So excited because we are going to try to get some good pics of just us in front of the castle. After that we are driving home.

I am so excited. I LOVE Disney at that time of year. Even if you arent obsessed with Christmas like I am (and surprisingly I am not even doing a Christmas themed wedding!) it is awesome. The weather is great, no crowds or wait. I hope that not many discover the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas so that it stays like this.

More to come: My newsletters and Save the Dates which I think you ladies will LOVE. Ill post tonight...(at work now..whoops!)

So I took a screen shot of them because I couldnt wait until I got home! My save the dates are "boarding passes". Im super proud of them and think they couldnt be better for our destination wedding! I just hope guests dont think we actually got plane tickets for them! =)
BoardingPassSavetheDatesPic.jpg

More to come!

So I took a screen shot of them because I couldnt wait until I got home! My save the dates are "boarding passes". Im super proud of them!
BoardingPassSavetheDatesPic.jpg

More to come!

I love the boarding pass I did the same thing..It took alot of time but the end product was well worth it..Did you do them yourself?

Your STDs are awesome! How did you do them? Did you use a template or just come up with the layout yourself? Also, I'm loving the Lime green! :goodvibes

Your STDs look so cool! You did such a great job on them and I'm sure your guests are going to love them! :)

Happy Planning!

WELCOME KATIE!!! :welcome: I am so happy you started a PJ here! You are my wedding twin! DF and I are getting married the same day but at 5:00pm at the WP! party: (remember from the other site?:rolleyes1 )

Your engagement story is so beautiful!! My DF got me the same flowers but proposed at POR carriage ride! I love your STD's they are so cute!!

I can't wait to hear more!!

WELCOME KATIE!!! :welcome: I am so happy you started a PJ here! You are my wedding twin! DF and I are getting married the same day but at 5:00pm at the WP! party: (remember from the other site?:rolleyes1 )

Your engagement story is so beautiful!! My DF got me the same flowers but proposed at POR carriage ride! I love your STD's they are so cute!!

I can't wait to hear more!!

Hi Laura! When I called Heidi to give my times/locations she said..well I see another bride is interested in that date thats odd for a Monday so far out. I laughed...I said thats Laura!!! Dont worry I know she doesnt want the same thing as us. I think Heidi thinks we are all in a cult! =)

Your STDs are awesome! How did you do them? Did you use a template or just come up with the layout yourself? Also, I'm loving the Lime green! :goodvibes

The actual outline of the boarding pass was the template. I came up with everything else. It was actually pretty easy if you are thinking of doing them!

Hi Laura! When I called Heidi to give my times/locations she said..well I see another bride is interested in that date thats odd for a Monday so far out. I laughed...I said thats Laura!!! Dont worry I know she doesnt want the same thing as us. I think Heidi thinks we are all in a cult! =)

:lmao: :rotfl: That is absolutley hysterical!!! Sometimes it feels that way huh??:rotfl2: I wonder what Diane is thinking then? Maybe I should call her and reassure her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter