• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Katie & Ed 12-14-09 Help! How do I make the bride/groom hats?!??!

Hi!!!! You guys are adorable!!!! Your engagement was amzing and the ring is so gorgeous!!!!!!

Lynn :)

Wow, great story!!! I LOVE your ring- I have an Asscher, too! You're the only other one I've seen on here with one! :) And you definitely have made the most creative STD's!!!

Wow, great story!!! I LOVE your ring- I have an Asscher, too! You're the only other one I've seen on here with one! :) And you definitely have made the most creative STD's!!!

I cant believe you have one too! I love it! Thanks for the compliment!

Hi!!!! You guys are adorable!!!! Your engagement was amzing and the ring is so gorgeous!!!!!!

Lynn :)

Thanks!!

Katie- I absolutely love all of your ideas so far! The STD's are so creative! :goodvibes

Thanks!

So FI and I were talking last night about our colors. When we originally booked our early Oct wedding back in MI we were doing chocolate and lime. It seemed to fit and the flowers I wanted I still might be able to get. Well now for our 12-14 wedding and 1-22 AHR it doesnt seem to fit. Am I over analyzing? I want our wedding to be really bold and dramatic so we brainstormed black and scarlet or chocolate and scarlet. I made some mood boards. What do you think?

Black and scarlet
BlackandRed.jpg

Chocolate and scarlet
chocolateandred.jpg

Hmmm...help?:confused3

I like the black and scarlet (I am biased as those were the colors of my first wedding). The other one is pretty but looks a bit too fallish :)

ohh both are beautiful....the black and scarlet stands out more to me though!

I like the bold look of the black and scarlet (except for the chair covers) but I also like the softerness (is that a word?) of the chocolate and scarlet. I guess I am not that much of a help huh? I think it's because for a wedding I think bright happy colors not black and dark for like a funeral. That's just MHO.

Okay, honestly, the black and red *can* get a little too dark, so what I would do is add a THIRD lighter color. Like: scarlet, black and champagne OR scarlet, chocolate and champagne. I prefer the chocolate, sooo unique!!! :) But, black is classic and beautiful, too!

DF and I were going down the red and black theme, but changed to hot pink and black...but that was a bit much on their own, so we added white/silver - depends how dramatic you want it to be! Either way, it'll look great!

Kayleigh

Both a great combinations but I LOVEEEE the chocolate and scarlet! So pretty and unique! Very elegant! I also agree that a lighter color like a champagne would look pretty as an accent.

Hello there! I just jumped into your thread (mostly because your name is Katie, as mine is... though in high school, during my "find myself" crisis I changed the spelling to Kadye) and I thought I'd throw in 2 cents in. I like the black and scarlet because it's more bold, but I agree with LuluLovesDisney with choosing a third, lighter colour. Also, CONGRATS! Your engagement story made me tear up a little. I keep reading all of these engagement stories and my DBF has a lot to live up to. :rotfl:

Hello there! I just jumped into your thread (mostly because your name is Katie, as mine is... though in high school, during my "find myself" crisis I changed the spelling to Kadye) and I thought I'd throw in 2 cents in. I like the black and scarlet because it's more bold, but I agree with LuluLovesDisney with choosing a third, lighter colour. Also, CONGRATS! Your engagement story made me tear up a little. I keep reading all of these engagement stories and my DBF has a lot to live up to. :rotfl:

Oh. My. God. I laughed so hard when I read this!! It must be because we have THE most common name in the world that we did this. Unfortunatly my spell change Kaytee never stuck! =:-)confused3

Oh. My. God. I laughed so hard when I read this!! It must be because we have THE most common name in the world that we did this. Unfortunatly my spell change Kaytee never stuck! =:-)confused3

Haha! :banana: My mom thought I was crazy that I did it, here's my proof I'm not crazy! (Or maybe we both are. :P) My friend "Katie" changed it to Kaytee, too! We did it senior year of high school. Heh.

So I have been reading the trip reviews of already married Dis brides and I cant help but read in a lot of them that it seems like the bride/bride fam is responsible for a lot of stuff the day of the wedding like taking the stuff down at the end of the reception, ect. Did you ladies already married feel that way? I was thinking it would be like any other wedding where (from the brides view) it all just happens and you dont take care of the little details. Hmm..are there outside day of coordinators that work Dis weddings? What do you think?

That's an interesting point. I thought the main reason I was involved in the take-down stuff was cuz I'm a control freak! :rotfl:

But really, I hardly had to think about it - the staff boxed up our cake knife, guest book and cake. I had already told my MIL that we would need transport for these things, so she pretty much took over.

If you are staying at the resort where your reception is, it's much easier - the staff boxes stuff up and Bell Services takes it to your room. But we were staying at a different resort, so we had to transport it ourselves.

I think if you want to not worry about the details, you don't have to. I just like to be in on everything.

Disney does so much for you, it'd be a shame to have to pay another wedding coordinator just to transport items back to your hotel.

That's an interesting point. I thought the main reason I was involved in the take-down stuff was cuz I'm a control freak! :rotfl:

But really, I hardly had to think about it - the staff boxed up our cake knife, guest book and cake. I had already told my MIL that we would need transport for these things, so she pretty much took over.

If you are staying at the resort where your reception is, it's much easier - the staff boxes stuff up and Bell Services takes it to your room. But we were staying at a different resort, so we had to transport it ourselves.

I think if you want to not worry about the details, you don't have to. I just like to be in on everything.

Disney does so much for you, it'd be a shame to have to pay another wedding coordinator just to transport items back to your hotel.

Thanks for the reply! Also...thanks for posting so many pics from the Roots. I booked them because I loved your pics so much ...oh..and because they are so awesome!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter