Keep Calm and Go to Disney! 10/21 - 11/4/14 COMPLETE

jabead

DIS Veteran
:wave2: Hello again and welcome to yet another one of my Disney dining reports. Wow, I believe this will be my 9th since 2010! :eek:

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Barb and here is a photo of me at Crystal Palace with one of my favorite Disney characters. :tigger:

Since completing my last dining report a few months ago my life has been a little rough, with family issues involving both the upper and lower limbs of my family tree. :worried: During this time I developed the motto of "Keep Calm 'cause I will soon be going to Disney World." When this Facebook post appeared in my newsfeed a few weeks ago, I knew it was destined to be the title of this dining report. :thumbsup2

So on 10/21 I will be leaving all my worries behind (hopefully) and for two glorious weeks I will be living in the land of food, wine, and Magic Bands. ;) This will be my longest trip to Disney World since 2001, and yet somehow it still doesn't seem quite long enough to do everything I want to do. But I will hopefully be crossing off many of the things on my Disney Bucket List, such as attending my first MNSSHP, doing several special F & W dining events including Party for the Senses and the Swan & Dolphin Classic for the first time, and I recently added the Wanyama Safari & Jiko dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Oh, and I will be traveling solo again. Well, that's not completely true, as my DH will be flying in for a couple of days towards the end of my trip. In addition, I have several DIS meets planned with some great ladies (Linda67, Couchy, wilma-bride, Niki Andiokno, and hopefully emmebear and Wood Nymph too). I also hope to run into many others so if you are there between Oct. 21 and Nov. 4 and happen to see me at the parks or resorts, please do say hi. :flower3: And speaking of resorts, I will be a wandering nomad on this trip. I looked up the definition of a nomad and this is what I found:

NOMAD - A person who has no fixed home and moves from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.

Yep, that's me! :lmao:

On this trip I will be staying at the Beach Club for one night, AKL for one night to do the Wanyama Safari, followed by six nights at each of my two current favorite Disney resorts, Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk (I'll be staying on the Villas side this time). Oh, and one of my nights at the WL I'll be staying CL so my dining report will again be including some food from the Old Faithful Club lounge. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Tuesday, Oct. 21

Arrival and Check-in for one night stay at the Beach Club - COMPLETE

Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse - COMPLETE

A Musical Interlude with a Side of Illuminations - COMPLETE

Wednesday, Oct. 22

Breakfast Snack at Sunshine Seasons - COMPLETE

Italian Regional Food & Wine Lunch at Tutto Gusto - COMPLETE

Wanyama Safari at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Part 1 The Welcome Reception - COMPLETE

Wanyama Safari - Part 2 The Safari - COMPLETE

Wanyama Safari - Part 3 The Dinner at Jiko - COMPLETE

Check-in for one night stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House - COMPLETE

Thursday, Oct. 23

Breakfast at Boma - Part 1 - COMPLETE

Breakfast at Boma - Part 2 - COMPLETE

Animal Kingdom - COMPLETE

Lunch at Yak & Yeti - COMPLETE

Dinner at the Plaza Restaurant - COMPLETE

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, including snacks - COMPLETE

Friday, Oct. 24

Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe - COMPLETE

French Regional Lunch at Monsieur Paul, featuring Champagnes - COMPLETE

Dinner at California Grill - COMPLETE

Saturday, Oct. 25

Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe - COMPLETE

Culinary Demonstration by Carla Hall of ABC's The Chew - COMPLETE

Lunch at Le Cellier - COMPLETE

Party for the Senses, featuring Disney Chefs - COMPLETE

Sunday, Oct. 26

Breakfast at Kona Cafe - COMPLETE

Lunch at Be our Guest - COMPLETE

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club Lounge - Evening Offerings - COMPLETE

Dinner at Artist Point - COMPLETE

Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club Lounge - Dessert & Cordial Offerings - COMPLETE

Monday, Oct. 27

Breakfast at the OFC Lounge - COMPLETE

Lunch at the Food & Wine Festival Booths plus Wilson Phillips Eat to the Beat Concert - COMPLETE

Dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel - COMPLETE

Dessert at Territory Lounge - COMPLETE

Tuesday, Oct. 28

Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Crystal Palace - COMPLETE

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern - COMPLETE

Dinner at Narcoossee's - COMPLETE

Wednesday, Oct. 29

Breakfast at Trail's End - COMPLETE

A Visit to Fort Wilderness' Tri-Circle D Farm - COMPLETE

Follow Me to the Boardwalk - Check in to studio room at the Boardwalk Villas - COMPLETE

Lunch at the Food & Wine Festival Booths - COMPLETE

A Visit to the Crew's Cup Lounge - COMPLETE

Dinner at Flying Fish Cafe - COMPLETE

Thursday, Oct. 30

Pre-Park Opening Breakfast at Tusker House - COMPLETE

Lunch at Teppan Edo - COMPLETE

A DIS meet at Les Vins de France - COMPLETE

Dessert from the Boardwalk Bakery - COMPLETE

Dinner at bluezoo - COMPLETE

Friday, Oct. 31

Breakfast at Fresh - COMPLETE

Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe - COMPLETE

Dinner at the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic - COMPLETE

Boardwalk Resort's Pumpkin Decorating Contest - COMPLETE

Saturday, Nov. 1

Parisian Breakfast held at Les Chefs de France - COMPLETE

A Visit to Boulangerie Patisserie - COMPLETE

Tequila Pairing Lunch at La Hacienda de San Angel - COMPLETE

Dinner at Party for the Senses - Reserved Seating - COMPLETE

Sunday, November 2

Breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery - COMPLETE

Lunch at Rose & Crown - COMPLETE

Dinner at Citricos - COMPLETE

Monday, Nov. 3

Breakfast at Cape May Cafe - COMPLETE

A Visit to the Chase Lounge - COMPLETE

Karamell Kuche - COMPLETE

Culinary Demonstration by Ken Vedrinski of Trattoria Lucca - Daniel Island, SC - COMPLETE

Lunch at Beaches & Cream - COMPLETE

Dinner at Via Napoli - COMPLETE

Last edited:

Definitely subscribing!! I love your reports! I hope things calm down on the family front!

subbing! Sorry for all your family issues - I know what that is like, but very happy you get a nice long Disney trip! Looking forward to your reports!

Sounds like a great trip, I can't wait to hear about it! :goodvibes

Oh yay! So excited and happy for you! You will have a blast!! Can't wait to check up on instagram. Wish I was there there too to see you!

Hi Barb! You are so close You will beat me there by a couple of days.

How exciting you are doing the safari. I can't wait to hear your review.

Can't wait to see you either.

Have a safe trip down there.

Hi Barb! Since I had to cancel my trip this year, I will live vicariously thru you! Can't wait to read all about it!

Hoping all is well at home!

Sounds like a great trip! We will be stumbling around Epcot all day on the 21 and 22nd, if you see us (me with a cocktail and Todd with an eggroll or pretzel) say hi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter