• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keep those cards and letters coming folks

larworth

DIS Veteran
Not too long ago we had a number of posts about Disney upping their PR efforts. It seemed liked a good time to write. I got a written response from M. Sklar about a month ago.

Today, I got a call on behalf of Paul Presslar's office. A Mr. Hawes, in PR at WDW. You could tell he didn't want to discuss content. He just wanted to assure me that my concerns had been noted and that my letter was being "distributed around the company?".

I suddenly had this flashback to that Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets put on a LIST and continually gets refused medical attention. I wonder if my car disposition is already on file? I can see the next time I put my ticket into the Fastpass machine:

I'm sorry, but while you are not currently holding another Fastpass, we chose not to honor your request at this time.

Seriously, he thanked me numerous times for my "enthusiam", how my views had been registered (he might have even said by Paul), and he even made some vague reference about them doing things? While of no real substance, I'm not sure what I would have expected him to say, being in PR. I still think it is a nice practice to let people know their comments are at least read by someone before hitting the circular file.

If you have some concerns seems like a good time to let them know.

Its good to know that being in Car #1 may have some benefits. Maybe I'll be able to get EXTRA Fast Passes. "Thank you for being part of the Disney family. Here's an extra Fast Pass..." Hmmm.....

Seriously though, I haven't written too many letters to companies in my time, but still, the most I've ever gotten is a form letter that was trying to sound like it wasn't a form letter.

I suddenly had this flashback to that Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets put on a LIST and continually gets refused medical attention. I wonder if my car disposition is already on file?
I'm laughing because each time I call to make a reservation I'm thinking my "file" must have a few notes in it from emails, phone calls and perhaps even from reading the boards. Clearly I suffer from delusions of granduer and psychotic paranoia.

I suddenly had this flashback to that Seinfeld episode where Elaine gets put on a LIST and continually gets refused medical attention.
Don't be too quick to think this is a joke. They have such a list!!!

How do I know? On my third trip to Guest Relations in a week (at the Studios) they looked up my name to see if I was in there.

For those who don't know me I'm a little vocal at times when I think Disney is letting its standards slip a bit. I write long essays about it on this DIS, I get into silly arguments with bicker on RADP and I make it a point to visit Guest Relations if I see something 'wrong'. I NEVER accept any gifts from management, though they are offered many times. And I rarely complain about smaller things, rides not working, rude people (CMs included for the most part), crowd control, etc. But I am very vocal about maintenance, construction workers viewed in themed areas, hours of operation and cosmetic concepts. So after a wonderful day in the Studios I headed off to what my children refer to as my favorite attraction. You guessed it - Guest Relations!!!

The people at guest relations thought they would head off my complaint and were there with fastpass in hand. Seems they had a bit of trouble with R&RC that day. Indeed they did. I was in line when it broke down, AFTER they took my fastpass. Everyone in line just walked out when they told them to. I did not. I waited until a supervisor showed up and gave me and my family new fastpasses for the next day!! So naturally I told them I was involved in the R&RC debacle, but I didn't want any free fastpasses. They were shocked. I told them I had a much more serious issue!! One that needed rectifying immediately, if not sooner!!! The very name 'Disney' depended on it!! THAT HAT HAD TO GO!!!!

I felt that I had entered a secret club. I had inadvertently given the secret handshake, and I didn't even know it!! The three CMs looked at each other knowingly. One of them said that the Hat would be wonderful. And it added a marvelous magical feel to a special and magical place. Then she covered her name tag with her hand and said, "Yeah! That hat really sucks!!" The others covered their name tags and voiced agreement. (This was a recurring theme throughout the Studios. CMs covered their name tags and said the hat was rotten!! I guess it was an inside joke.)

Anyway, they told me that hundreds of people complained about the Hat, but I was the first to do it officially. He pulled out a complaint form and all three of them helped form the verbiage for the complaint. It was a truly magical moment!!

But while the one CM wrote out the complaint the other one chatted with my family and me. The kids said that I always hit Guest Relations at the end of the day. So the CM ran to the computer and asked for my name. I gave it and asked why. She said that she was looking it up to see if I was on their 'hit list' (not exactly sure if that was the name, but it was something like that). She said the list she was looking up were the chronic complainers. The people looking for the freebies.

So they do have an "Elaine" type list!!! Be careful!!!!!

BTW, for those of you wondering, I was NOT on the list!!!

Only you Landbaron, only you...

But for the hat, I kinda like it, but it isn't as bad as the wand now! They could have made the hat a lot tackier.

I personally like the hat. I would just like it a lot better somewhere else.

You guys inspire me. Back to the writing boards. :)

I must say that I actually enjoy the Sorcerer Mickey Hat at Disney Studios. It gives a more Disney feel to the place, which is what it lacks. As for DVC-Landbaron, it seems to me that you need professional help to think that because you got a fastpass for the next day that you are automatically in "the circle" (of life). How dare you put Walt Disney's face on your posts! I thought you were the doofus that complains of every little nitpickitty thing every hour of every day because your Cobb Salad sliced, not diced the lettuce. I will tell you, I have met some real dorks in WDW, but sir, I will say that if I ran into you I would immediately take all of illegally obtained fastpasses and stick them in my ears and and eyes so I wouldn't have to listen to you or see you ever again. I hope you take this as a compliment, because believe me, it is.

DizVilnTT

Welcome to the DIS Rumor & News Boards!! :bounce:

As for DVC-Landbaron, it seems to me that you need professional help to think that because you got a fastpass for the next day that you are automatically in "the circle" (of life)
I would suggest that you re-read my post. You've mixed up two elements of the story. I will accept your apology after you sort it all out!!
How dare you put Walt Disney's face on your posts!
I put them there because I agree with Walt's philosophy. I didn't mean to offend you.
I thought you were the doofus that complains of every little nitpickitty thing every hour of every day because your Cobb Salad sliced, not diced the lettuce.
Don't really like Cobb Salad. But I would insist that it live up to "Disney Standards" though. (DOOFUS!?!?! Come on!! If you really want to name-call, I'm sure you can come up with something a little more imaginative!!)
I will tell you, I have met some real dorks in WDW
No doubt. Birds of a feather...
but sir, I will say that if I ran into you I would immediately take all of illegally obtained fastpasses and stick them in my ears and and eyes so I wouldn't have to listen to you or see you ever again.
Who said anything about illegally obtained fastpasses!?!?! Did you bother to read my post at all? I NEVER obtain fastpasses illegally!! But I would like to see you with them sticking out of every orifice you own. You must look ever so cute. A sublime fashion statement so to speak. And you have the nerve to call me a "Dork"?
I hope you take this as a compliment, because believe me, it is.
Huh? I take it for what it is. Someone who misread a post and on their own first post chooses to flame someone he or she doen't know at all. Forgive me if I think that's a little... well... ah... let's just say... STUPID!!!

Have a nice day!! :bounce:

Lockety lock lock
Lockety lock lock
Look at that moderator go
Lockety lock lock
Lockety lock lock
here goes this thread oh no!

Oh I hope not!!!! I certainly wouldn't want that. Otherwise where would DizVilnTT put his second post on the DIS?? You know, the apology he'll give me after he finally reads my post and figures out how wrong he is! Or maybe the rest of us can just continue the conversation of the original thread and leave personal attacks out of the equation.

Here's hoping!! :bounce:

Otherwise where would DizVilnTT put his second post on the DIS?? You know, the apology he'll give me after he finally reads my post and figures out how wrong he is!
Something tells me you'll be back at the bottom of the lagoon before you see an apology there....

I must say I seem to have started a war on this subject. DVC-Lanbaron, I seem to have underestimated you. Most people would have just gone back to their rooms and cried about why people hate them. You seem to be quick when a threat has been posted to you. Bash the basher. Very smart on this post, but it will do you in in the long run. You see, I am only trying to point out that you spend too much time complaining and not enough time enjoying. Please do not forget WDW is a place for you to have fun, not to complain every minute of every day. Just enjoy yourself! My apologies to you for all inconvenience I have caused and I am announcing I will be leaving the Disboards because there are obviously bounty hunters ready to pounce as soon as I post something else. This will leave all "personal attacks" out of your precious columns. I hope this makes you happy. Be warned, Lanbaron, there are more people like me in these boards who don't take to your unlimited whining and essay writing. Goodbye.

Well, I was wrong. Our good buddy from the past would never have given up that easily.

My apologies to you for all inconvenience I have caused and I am announcing I will be leaving the Disboards because there are obviously bounty hunters ready to pounce as soon as I post something else. This will leave all "personal attacks" out of your precious columns. I hope this makes you happy. Be warned, Lanbaron, there are more people like me in these boards who don't take to your unlimited whining and essay writing. Goodbye.
I don't know about Landbaron, but I'm happy :)

I don't know why parents don't monitor their children more closely....sheesh.

You seem to be quick when a threat has been posted to you. Bash the basher.
Not at all!! I just wanted you to read the post and understand it before bashing. I enjoy debate and an open exchange of philosophical concepts. By all means, if you think my view point is 'misguided', write a rebuttal! There are many that do. That's why we're here!!!
You see, I am only trying to point out that you spend too much time complaining and not enough time enjoying. Please do not forget WDW is a place for you to have fun, not to complain every minute of every day. Just enjoy yourself!
You've evidently missed my glowing "State of the Parks Addresses". I see you registered just this month and have but two posts. Both accosting me. I don't know how long you've lurked, but I'll venture to say it hasn't been long or you would have known me and my take on Disney philosophy and standards, both past and current. As everyone who does know me will attest, I DO enjoy myself. Very much.
I am announcing I will be leaving the Disboards because there are obviously bounty hunters ready to pounce as soon as I post something else.
Nonsense!!! They are the people who know me. And know that you were… ah… let's say… mistaken, as to my point of view.
This will leave all "personal attacks" out of your precious columns. I hope this makes you happy.
Very happy indeed!! I don't like personal attacks. I really try hard not to use them. They cloud the debate!!
Be warned, Lanbaron, there are more people like me in these boards who don't take to your unlimited whining and essay writing.
They are free to ignore them. Or they can write their own opposing view points (many do, much to my dismay!). All I ask is that they take the time to properly assess the writer before attacking them on a personal level. We try to play nice on this Board. And for the most part - we do!! :bounce:
Goodbye! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter