Keep those cards and letters coming folks

Stay, DIz, stay! The more members mean more people to judge and analize things.

Hello again! I seem to have caused quite a stir with everyone. But my motto is "Like certain potato chips, one is not enough," so I have decided to continue my joyous postings in these boards. I will not take any personal attacks on anyone, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. There, I've said it. I feel cleansed. Hey, come on, let's start all over again, shall we? I hate message boards, but since this is Disney, my favorite subject ever, I decided to give it a try. Well, whaddya know, the first column was yours, Landbaron. I must say, I do not take kindly to people who complain about the Magic Kingdom or any Disney theme park for that matter. I seemed to have got a wrong impression on this board, and boy did I pay for it! So let's just cast this aside as a novice's mistake and get on with our lives, shall we? I will continue posting on these boards, leaving all personal attacks behind me. I only ask that nobody else make the same mistakes I did.

Have a nice day! :bounce:

The Duck is back.. well at least for 2 days while the bosses are away. Even in our most 'heated' discussions last year (remember them?) I/We never went overboard.

I haven't seen the hat yet and won't until end of June. Let you know my feelings then.

Now I am back to trying to catch up with the past 3-4 weeks.

Anyone interested in giving me a summary of what I missed to save time.

Thanks for the update (and laughs) scoop. With only 3 of us at work today and tomorrow, I should be able to catch up on the who's correct/incorrect list. And watch out for any grammatical or spelling errors. No pulled muscles with me, both feet firmly placed in car#1.

Yikes! I go to visit my parents for a quick weekend & this blows up...

DizVilnTT -

First, personal attacks are severely frowned upon. A point I suspect you've already figured out.
Second, welcome to our little corner of the DIS universe & please feel free to read and post to your heart's content.
Third, you might want to read the 'chose a carpool' thread posted at the top of the board. It gives a pretty good summery of the positions of the regulars on this board as regards to Disney. We all love Disney here, some of us are just disappointed/irritated/angry about some of the directions that the company has chosen lately & figure that a community of Disney lovers is the only group that will really care about complaints (many of which are re-butted).

Landbaron -

Thank you for handling this diplomatically, it's difficult to take personal attacks objectively.

HBK -

I'm crushed! ;) When was the last time lrodk or I locked a thead?!

Sarangel

I'm crushed! When was the last time lrodk or I locked a thead?!
including or excluding those threads that involved FC Fan/Kotar/US-SW?

Sara, I for one am very thankful that we have been given alot of rope here on the Rumors Board. I am sure many others join me. We stray waaaaay off topic around here and don't get into much trouble for it. That's great and we all owe you and Luis thanks for it.

I think I'm due some thanks as well. Were it not for my schitzophrenia I fear all sense of whimsey would be lost on Landbaron, HBK, JJ & AV & they'd continually beat the dead horse, which we know the ASPCA frowns upon. But seriously, locked threads or no locked threads won't keep the bread from getting moldy nor will time hold back the ambitions of the ambitious man, it will however, hold back the mentally deranged of which we know a lot about around here.

So in closing, I'd appreciate your vote I must be electable in some venue...If not, please send my mail to the bathroom...And some reading material as well, as I don't have a computer link up in there...

As for getting off topic...Well, that's unheard of!!!

Yours truly,
Captain Peter Crook the Pirate

But seriously, locked threads or no locked threads won't keep the bread from getting moldy
A Disney metaphor, my good Captain?! ;)

Sara, I for one am very thankful that we have been given alot of rope here on the Rumors Board. I am sure many others join me.
I DO!!! Thanks moderators!! :bounce:

HBK -

I'm crushed! When was the last time lrodk or I locked a thead?!

Sorry Sara, I was in a bit of a mood, and saw the personal attack. You guys are very lienient with us here.....

Happy Holidays!

Been away from the boards for a few days, and I know all are waiting with "Christmas morning-like anticipation" to hear my thoughts on this thread...

Hat=Good.
DVC Landbaron=Good, if somewhat misguided (;))
Personal Attacks=Bad.
Doofuses and Dorks=Good. (There MAYBE some personal bias on this one...)

Hello to all!

I'm not a frequent poster, but I do a lot of lurking on these boards! We went to WDW on Dec. 2000 and had a wonderful time, except for a couple of rude cast members at the hotel (ASM) and some housekeeping problems such as stained sheets/unvaccumed carpets which seemed to take forever to resolve with the sluggish staff.

I wrote an e-mail to the executive offices as soon as I got home telling them how our stay had been marred by these instances. I was very specific in my account of situations, right down to the names of cast members if I remembered them (and you bet I remember the rude ones). A couple of weeks later I was called twice by Mr. Hawes. He mentioned that the rude employees were given a warning, that they were sorry that we had run into cast members who did not reflect their corporate philosophy, and so on. The first conversation went on for about 40 minutes, as I made several comments on how we had a great time, yet WDW's magic seemed to be fading through lack of maintenance, unhappy cast members, etc. I admit I also stressed that some things were wonderful (such as TON, Test Track, R'NR Coaster). At the end, Mr. Hawes asked for my home address, since he would be following our conversation with a letter, and said he appreciated my comments and that they were of paramount importance to management.

About 2 weeks later, I received the letter, which once again apologized for the inconveniences, had some language regarding the complex operations at WDW and how guest satisfaction is really important (as I read it, I thought it was canned stuff). Then came the punchline: If we ever decided to visit again, he wanted us not to call WDW reservations, but a different number. About 3 days later, Mr. Hawes called to check if we had gotten the letter (we are outside the continental U.S. and he said he was worried whether he had the right spelling for our address). He also stressed their offer for arrangements for our next trip.

Lo and behold, we decided to go again for the 100 YOM celebration. Upon calling the numner, we were even asked about any special dates/events we wanted to see in December 2001, and whether we celebrated anything that month (our DD's bday and our wedding anniversary happen to be in Dec.) and even if we wanted a specific room at our resort or had any special requests!

Upon checking into ASM (AGAIN!) on December 6, we got a world of a different treatment! When I gave my last name to the cast member, she went into her terminal and said "Well, hello, Mr____. Welcome to ASM. Excuse me while I go get your package". Three minutes later, she cames back with an envelope and a guy who introduces himself as Tom (?), from Guest Satisfaction (I din't really get the title). We were told that we were VIP guests, that they would do anything possible to make our stay magical, and to please contact him directly whenever possible if we needed something or there was anything wrong. The envelope contained our card keys/tickets ready, a smaller envelope with a guest satisfaction questionnaire, and other stuff. We went immediately to our room, which was perfectcly clean and had our special requests ready. On the table, there were a bday card for our daughter signed by Mickey with an dedicated/autographed picture, and a different one from Mickey and Minnie congratulating us on our anniversary!

This time, our days at WDW were truly magical - everything was close to perfect and we had less complaints - but we did officially complain about the hat!!! We think it looks good, but heeds to be somewhere else. I plan to write a detailed trip report on on the reports board...

Sorry for the LOOOOOOOOng message!

Ari

… I calls 'em as I sees 'em!

Aracuan:

but we did officially complain about the hat!!! We think it looks good, but needs to be somewhere else.
I completely agree. I don't mind the design (although I am getting a little tired of primary colored GIANT icons) and I don't even mind it as a symbol of the Studios. But the location - STINKS!!!

As for the rest of your story, I'm glad to hear it. That should be the way they always handle things like this. And from what I hear, for the most part, they do. A cynic would say that the problems shouldn't have happened in the first place. And I tend to think that these 'problems' are more prevalent today, but in all fairness I don't think it's that much more, percentage wise, than "back in the day".

'Stuff' happens. And when it does, one of the things that makes Disney "Disney" is the way they bend over backwards in the name of customer service. To my knowledge at least, something the bean counters haven't touched yet. At least overtly!

;)(HEY CAPTAIN!!! Pretty positive, wasn't it?!?!) :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter