Keep your eyes on the road, hands upon the wheel–A South West RT-The End!Bonus Tracks

I like your packing plan. Smaller suitcases are easier to manage that two large ones. We did something similar for our last trip and it worked out great for us. I hope it works for you as well.

I hope Fran figures it out with her clothes.

With those temps, it might be worth throwing a light jacket or a coat in the back of the car. If you don't use it, that's fine but at least you have it available if you need it.

You seem to have everything in hand and under control. Well done. :thumbsup2

I'm definitely planning on a jacket, and I know exactly which one. With a Sunrise Safari, and the Starlight Safari I'm going to need it. Not to mention probably the whole time at Bryce!

Angela, maybe we need a combined PTR.. That way we don't miss anything :lmao:

:rotfl2:

Oh Alison you need a hug..

Sorry your day was so hectic, but I am glad you are back to the 21st Century!

Thanks! :grouphug: Even if it is an 11 year old car with over 100,000 miles... :rolleyes1

You are making progress! This is going to be such a cool trip! Gotta love the crazy spring temp differences in the desert.

Jill in CO

Getting there! Yeah, I was really surprised when I looked up the 10 day forecast, I thought it was going to be warmer than that. It IS May.

Moving over to our Trip Reports board. :)

Thanks! I thought that's where I'd posted!

You've made quite a bit of progress and the smaller suitcases sound like a great plan.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull off this trip with work so up in the air. I'm thinking you'll enjoying this trip before us. Then it would turn into another TR like Kimmar's.:rotfl2:

I just hope once Fran gives me her clothes they will fit in the small suitcases. So far she has a long sleeved shirt, a pair of jeans and socks for every day!

Seems like Mary Jo moved you, Alison. Maybe she can help with the house move as well. pirate:

:rotfl2:

My goodness, I can't believe the car issues! :scared1: This sounds like the script from a National Lampoon movie. What a day!

Good news: it's almost time for a vacation! :woohoo:

Yeah, totally, you'd think with that many cars, we would have at least one working one to drive!

I am hoping to do this trip next fall... But by the looks of this one and PIOs I need to start planning right now, plus I got three more trips between then and now... :faint:

Actually you do need to start planning. A lot of these National Parks open up their reservation systems a year in advance and people are just waiting to "push the button" on booking. If I remember PIO ended up at her third choice of Hotel at the Grand Canyon because the other two were all booked up.

I know once this trip was in jeopardy, I started to look at see if we could transfer it to October and Bryce and The View hotels were already booked for the entire month. We booked this pretty much a year ago!

Actually you do need to start planning. A lot of these National Parks open up their reservation systems a year in advance and people are just waiting to "push the button" on booking. If I remember PIO ended up at her third choice of Hotel at the Grand Canyon because the other two were all booked up.

I know once this trip was in jeopardy, I started to look at see if we could transfer it to October and Bryce and The View hotels were already booked for the entire month. We booked this pretty much a year ago!

We are going to be in Winnebago, so hotels and such I am good on... I just need to find places to stop for the night and make sure I have a reservation there.

Three sleeps. :woohoo:

Hope you got Fran packed! :crazy2: Funny how real life gets in the way of getting ready for a vacation. ;)

How's the weather looking for you?

Safe travels to you. :goodvibes

We are going to be in Winnebago, so hotels and such I am good on... I just need to find places to stop for the night and make sure I have a reservation there.

Oooh!!! You're doing a REAL road trip. Sounds like FUN!

You probably still need to look into the Grand Canyon early. Spots fill up real quick and if you want to do a donkey ride down the canyon, that gets booked out pretty quick from the moment the reservations open up.

Oooh!!! You're doing a REAL road trip. Sounds like FUN!

You probably still need to look into the Grand Canyon early. Spots fill up real quick and if you want to do a donkey ride down the canyon, that gets booked out pretty quick from the moment the reservations open up.

Thanks I will have to start soon I know... Just too much going on in my life right now... Uggh, I need an assistant.

oh
my
word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe your day.

Is it really messed up that it was one of my favorite updates though?

The whole film noir "cue to" absolutely cracked me up. The fact that you could find humor in it is a darn good thing.

You need this trip.

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plans look really good

But oh my, that's a lot of plants.

Alison - I wish you a very Happy Birthday. May you have a very magical day and get everything you wish for!

You probably need to make those a year in advance too. Where are you getting the Winnebago? :confused3

oh
my
word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe your day.

Is it really messed up that it was one of my favorite updates though?

The whole film noir "cue to" absolutely cracked me up. The fact that you could find humor in it is a darn good thing.

You need this trip.

3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plans look really good

But oh my, that's a lot of plants.

I have to find humor in these types of day or I will go insane. We had another bad day today when Fran picked up the White Cougar from the repair shop. Bottom line, it's back in there. Not sure what we're going to do about picking it up, might need to have a friend get it and drop it off at a house somewhere.

Just wait until I upload the plant photos to the house thread!

Alison - I wish you a very Happy Birthday. May you have a very magical day and get everything you wish for!

Thank you! :blush: I have a feeling that I won't really get to enjoy tomorrow as it will be spent doing all kinds of last minute stuff we couldn't accomplish today. Like getting tires, maps and who knows what else, but the sentiments are greatly appreciated! And you found such cute and festive images to post as well!

Thank you very much!

Yes, echoing PIO! Happy Birthday, safe travels, and next year: we all party! party:

:cool1: Yay! I hope you will be coming to the big 5.0. I'm not sure who all I will be inviting or who will come, but my DIS friends are totally welcome! In addition to my immediate family, 3D friends will be selectively invited. :rolleyes1

Happy birthday!

And have a wonderful trip if I don't get back here before then :thumbsup2

Thank you very much!

Happy Birthday Alison, and I hope the day goes much smoother for you and you get to enjoy it.

Are you going out to dinner?

Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope the day goes smoothly and you get to enjoy it a little bit.

Jill in CO

I have to find humor in these types of day or I will go insane. We had another bad day today when Fran picked up the White Cougar from the repair shop. Bottom line, it's back in there. Not sure what we're going to do about picking it up, might need to have a friend get it and drop it off at a house somewhere.

Just wait until I upload the plant photos to the house thread!

!

Oh no on the White Cougar!!!!

:scared:

:bday::bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

:cool1:
:cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

That is way too much car drama. You do need a vacation.
Seems to be coming together.
Happy Birthday again. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter