Keepin' it on the downlow(country) at HHI - New TR link - pg 31

Well, according to Reddog's wife (he just commented above), it sounds like it might've been worse if we'd actually been served. :rotfl2:

I showed my wife your Cracker Barrel review just to see what her reaction would be. She said "that's what you get when you go to Cracker Barrel".

Then I showed her my response. She said "You never ask to go to Cracker Barrel". She's almost right. I only mention it every time we're looking for some place to eat and pass one of their signs.

Then she gives me the "We can go there. I just won't eat.". Like I'm THAT dumb. I may have got married at night, but I didn't get married last night.

1sm184runhappy.gif
zrunningamok.gif

Exactly!!!:rotfl2:

I showed my wife your Cracker Barrel review just to see what her reaction would be.

Even though you knew better. You just told us so yesterday. :sad2:

She said "that's what you get when you go to Cracker Barrel".

I hear her...can't say I've got an argument!

Then I showed her my response. She said "You never ask to go to Cracker Barrel". She's almost right. I only mention it every time we're looking for some place to eat and pass one of their signs.

Then she gives me the "We can go there. I just won't eat.". Like I'm THAT dumb. I may have got married at night, but I didn't get married last night.

:rotfl2: Sounds like when a woman says "fine!" You know you're in trouble!

Exactly!!!:rotfl2:

But we missed them so much. :banana: :dancer:

Hi Glenn! Thanks for the notice. I'm back from vacation and finally checking in.

Looking forward to the details on HHI! We've talked often about trying that one out.

Sorry the Cracker Barrel experience wasn't good. That was just...weird. I know the Chick Fil-A you're talking about, too--Rocky Mount, NC, right? We made note of that one after we found it for future I-95 drives!:thumbsup2

Loving the HH trip report already! We fell in love with the resort when we went a couple of years ago. Still trying to plan another trip, but like you we have one starting college and two more right behind, so it may be a while before we get back.

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!:thumbsup2

Guess not........ But at least I kept Rosie from stealing top of page. ...... :thumbsup2

As for Judy rules. ....... No matter when she supplies the correct answer, Rosie can never win a round! :sad2:

And...........

You can only win if your name is Bob or Carol. .......

......... Or Ted or Alice........... :rolleyes1

I do NOT like those rules at all!! Although Carol might !!!!!:rotfl2:

I love the refurb! My favorite is the collection of birds-in-a-box over the bed.

We just had a similar situation occur (to your Cracker Barrel story) on our trip home from the Smokies, we stopped at a Huddle House, because I didn't want fast food (but still wanted a fast meal). Interestingly enough (or not), we decided against Chik Fila because that's what we'd eaten on the drive down. Anyway, we went through the same routine as you, except we ended up staying and waiting for the food, although we kept saying, "should we go? Should we just go?" I think we were there over an hour. For French toast and sausage. Harrumph.

She stalks me on these boards so she would have found it any way. It's best to get out in front of it. :thumbsup2

Well, it's kind of a compliment to have a stalker, I suppose. :rolleyes:

Hi Glenn! Thanks for the notice. I'm back from vacation and finally checking in.

Yay! :welcome: Mark! You survived! I'm sure the trip was epic. I hope we get to hear about it someday.

Looking forward to the details on HHI! We've talked often about trying that one out.

Your kids would love it. ::yes::

Sorry the Cracker Barrel experience wasn't good. That was just...weird. I know the Chick Fil-A you're talking about, too--Rocky Mount, NC, right? We made note of that one after we found it for future I-95 drives!:thumbsup2

No, it was just a couple of miles down the road from Emporia. I'm sure we weren't even to the NC line yet. I didn't bother putting this tid-bit in the chapter, but we did have to drive a little bit to find it...it wasn't right along the road that the exit dumps onto. I think I ended up finding it on Google maps and then directed Judy (who was now driving) there. It looked like a pretty new store.

Loving the HH trip report already!

Thank you melk! And :welcome:

We fell in love with the resort when we went a couple of years ago. Still trying to plan another trip, but like you we have one starting college and two more right behind, so it may be a while before we get back.

I know what you mean. But maybe sometime you can arrange for just an inexpensive get-away trip?

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!!!:thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

I do NOT like those rules at all!! Although Carol might !!!!!:rotfl2:

Well, let's face it -- the old rules weren't workin' in your favor all that much either! :rotfl2: :hug:

I love the refurb! My favorite is the collection of birds-in-a-box over the bed.

I agree you with you...I think that's my favorite too. A nice touch.

We just had a similar situation occur (to your Cracker Barrel story) on our trip home from the Smokies, we stopped at a Huddle House, because I didn't want fast food (but still wanted a fast meal). Interestingly enough (or not), we decided against Chik Fila because that's what we'd eaten on the drive down. Anyway, we went through the same routine as you, except we ended up staying and waiting for the food, although we kept saying, "should we go? Should we just go?" I think we were there over an hour. For French toast and sausage. Harrumph.

I don't know whether to post a :laughing: or a :headache:. I'm sure you were thinking "this is a stinkin' Huddle House...why are we sitting here?!" But you hate to stick them with plates of food, because surely (don't call me Shirley) it's back there being plated right as you're about to get up. It's kind of funny, tonight I saw the old Seinfeld episode where they were waiting for a table at a Chinese restaurant for the whole episode. Then as soon as they finally decide to leave and walk out the door, the guy says, "Seinfeld. Table for 4."

Well, sorry that you had that delay...but I'm glad that you could relate to my chapter! :teeth:

Hi, Glenn!

Happy Anniversary!

I popped over since I saw spotted another HHI trip report! :thumbsup2
I am currently working on mine and seeing all these pictures is making me miss it! :(

Can't wait to read more!

LOL. Looks like we wrote on each other's TRs at the same time! :lmao: Too funny. Thanks for reading!

Hi, Glenn!

Happy Anniversary!

I popped over since I saw spotted another HHI trip report! :thumbsup2
I am currently working on mine and seeing all these pictures is making me miss it! :(

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Danielle! :welcome: BTW, I see what you did there with your screen-name. Very clever! :thumbsup2 nnelg just doesn't have the same ring. :sad1:

Yes, I think you started yours a short while before we left on our trip and I couldn't remember if I'd commented on it or just subbed and stalked :tiptoe:. Apparently the latter. :blush:

LOL. Looks like we wrote on each other's TRs at the same time! :lmao: Too funny. Thanks for reading!

That is too funny! I mean I've traded simultaneous posts with people, but simultaneous first posts?! That's crazy!

Thank you for reading also!

Enjoying your report! We stayed at HHI for the first time June 8-12. We had a great trip and also loved Bullies BBQ.

Im definitely enjoying your start to the TR. I've considered HHI, it might be a tough sell so I'll be interested to hear about potential activities and what is nearby.

That stinks about the wait at Cracker Barrel. I'm not sure I've ever eaten at one of thise since they aren't a chain we have on the West Coast, but it doesn't make me want to try one.

The Bully's BBQ sounds great! You have sold me on the accommodations, they have the same tub as OKW! :love:

I also agree with the posts who asked about how this could be you 25th anniversay. Did uou marry at 12? :confused3

Looking forward to hearing more.

Enjoying your report!

Hi KristMc! :welcome: Glad you're enjoying it.

We stayed at HHI for the first time June 8-12. We had a great trip and also loved Bullies BBQ.

Ah yes, I think the weather was pretty good for you and we were hoping that it would hold for us as well.

It was good, wasn't it?! Seeing your spelling of it, I think I misspelled it in my chapter. Whoops.

Im definitely enjoying your start to the TR.

Hey, thanks franandaj! :welcome:

I've considered HHI, it might be a tough sell so I'll be interested to hear about potential activities and what is nearby.

I hear ya. It depends on what you're looking for. A lot of nightlife...probably not the place. At least the way we did it, it was a more relaxing week -- beach and pool time, some nature tours, a little outlet shopping, and an occasional dinner out.

That stinks about the wait at Cracker Barrel. I'm not sure I've ever eaten at one of thise since they aren't a chain we have on the West Coast, but it doesn't make me want to try one.

They're usually okay. It's usually just a moderate wait, it's a sit-down restaurant. They have a lot of antique stuff around the walls and "down home" cooking like chicken, green beans, and fried apples. That kind of thing.

The Bully's BBQ sounds great!

I always love to get some good barbecue when we travel...kind of hard to find it here in southeast PA. We did have a guy who tried to make a go of it with a roadside stand a few years ago, and his stuff was really good, but he closed down. Apparently, just couldn't get enough business.

You have sold me on the accommodations, they have the same tub as OKW! :love:

Really nice rooms. :thumbsup2

I also agree with the posts who asked about how this could be you 25th anniversay. Did uou marry at 12? :confused3

Aw thanks. :blush: We were in our 20's, and well, my secret is she keeps me young. I haven't learned her secret yet. :scratchin

Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks! Glad to have you along.

Question for you guys...

I recently booked our home resort (AKV) at the 11-month mark for our next WDW adventure, next June, and I just got some mail from Disney inviting me to create an account on My Disney Experience. Here's the thing though -- I fully intend to (try to) change that reservation to BWV when we hit the 7-month mark. So, the question is -- should I sign up on My Disney Experience now, or will it be a royal pain when I change the reservation over? Would it be easier to just wait until I change the reservation? 7-months is before ADR and FP+ times, so waiting wouldn't be an issue in that regard, but I'd like to at least check out the site. What do you experts think?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, thanks franandaj! :welcome:

I hear ya. It depends on what you're looking for. A lot of nightlife...probably not the place. At least the way we did it, it was a more relaxing week -- beach and pool time, some nature tours, a little outlet shopping, and an occasional dinner out.

Thanks for the welcome! The above statement really made me laugh. I know you don't know me, but no, we're not nightlife people. In fact I think we put the "fuddy" in "duddy". :rotfl2: Shopping and dining are right up our alley, along with relaxing in the room and enjoying the kitchen. Perhaps a little bit of nature thrown in and that's about our speed.

Question for you guys...

I recently booked our home resort (AKV) at the 11-month mark for our next WDW adventure, next June, and I just got some mail from Disney inviting me to create an account on My Disney Experience. Here's the thing though -- I fully intend to (try to) change that reservation to BWV when we hit the 7-month mark. So, the question is -- should I sign up on My Disney Experience now, or will it be a royal pain when I change the reservation over? Would it be easier to just wait until I change the reservation? 7-months is before ADR and FP+ times, so waiting wouldn't be an issue in that regard, but I'd like to at least check out the site. What do you experts think?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not an expert, but I have been wrestling with the system for about a year now. I don't think it will be a problem to change over the reservations at 7 months. There are lots of things that you can do once you sign up. Be sure to get your wife to sign up (or create and account for her, that's what I did) and be sure to link yourselves as "Friends and Family". If you have APs, you can link those and experiment with FP+ for the next 30 days. You can always cancel any reservations you make when you're done experimenting.

If you don't have an AP, there isn't a lot you can do, but it's nice to get family all linked up so that when the time comes for ADRs and FP+ you can make them for everyone (if that's what you want to do). Cynthia is really the expert on all this, as you know.

The one thing I would not do until you change over your reservation is to customize your MB. They are linked to your hotel reservation so when you change it, you will have to start all over again. Essentially you will be canceling the AKV reservation and creating a new BWV reservation so any customization that you do will be lost when the reservation is changed.

Your MDE account will remain active for as long as WDW continues programs like this. You may already have an account if you have ever made an online reservation or signed up on the WDW site with your email address and a password. I know that my WDW signon was converted to an MDE account when they started that program. I had to answer a few more questions, agree to a couple new terms, but I kept the same user ID and password and just started adding the new stuff. You may as well become assimilated as resistance is futile. :rotfl:

Question for you guys...

Thanks in advance!
I agree that you can register an account now if you want. I have had reservations and I think even changed them at 7 months and had no trouble with MDE keeping up.

The site is at a good place I think now. DOooooooo IT!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Well, let's face it -- the old rules weren't workin' in your favor all that much either! :rotfl2: :hug:
:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Wow, your non-meal at Cracker Barrel is crazy! I have eaten there countless numbers of times, and NEVER had an issue like that. Unless they are crazy busy and I have to wait on a table, I can usually be in and out in around 30 minutes.....45 tops! I would definitely go on their website and report what happened at that specific location. Will probably be eating at another Cracker Barrel this coming Friday.....I can save you the info about where to complain if you like.

I just love HHIR! You had a beautiful view, and the refurbed rooms look really nice. Can't believe no pictures of Shadow though, :rolleyes1 or at least his doghouse. :confused3

Haven't heard of Bully's before, but your food looked really good! Walking out of more restaurants huh??? :scratchin

Well I am so glad you have so many pictures of that room! It's so beautiful! I've only ever read one other report about HHI (MEK's) and I'm excited for this one. I want to learn more about it. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter