Keeping out rabbits?

Belle0101

Nothing to see here.
After 5 summers I finally had my flower garden looking the way I wanted it - heights, colors, variety. The rabbits must have thought it was for their benefit because they have eaten nearly everything this summer. :( All I have left are a bunch of nubs from what used to be my flowers.

Any suggestions on how to keep them out? I don't want them killed but I'd like them to take up residence somewhere else!

Thanks!

We have had a bad problem this year with chipmunks and have safely trapped them and relocated them elsewhere. We've done this to about 20 of them!

We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us...but that only worked for short bits. If you haven't tried that sort of organic keep away stuff, you could try that.

Bobbi

Your going to think I'm crazy, but try this, it really works.

Save a bunch of old glass jars, the size of Mayonaise jars.

Clean them out.

The next time you make eggs save the egg shells.

Put a half an egg shell in each jar, and stand them around your yard upsidedown with the lid on the ground.:lmao:

Dont know why, but it works! :confused3

Now, that's just bizarre, Mike. I would almost understand it if the lids were off, but with the lids on? Weird. But hey, if it works...

Some folks swear by mothballs, or those naphthalene crystals they sell as a rodent/deer deterrent. Some go with fox pee, coyote pee, bobcat pee...they have that in a longer lasting crystallized version now (which doesn't stink so bad), but it still needs reapplying about once a week.

I still say, get a beagle.

Thanks for the ideas! I don't care how weird it is - and the jar / egg thing is pretty weird - if it works I'll do it.

Gotta nix the beagle idea though. We already have 4 labs and that's more than enough dogs. Stupid rabbits, you'd think that 4 dogs would keep them scared off but they keep coming back.

On another subject - this thread netted me a Tag! Amost makes me sound like some kind of psycho. :scared1:

You think its weird now, wait till you have friends over and have to explain it to them! :lmao:

But it does work, at least in Ohio where I grew up! Haven't had a big rabbit problem down here in Florida.

If you try it please let me know how it works for you. You need to place a jar about every 6 feet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter