Kelyn's Post-Pregnancy WISH JOURNAL (Comments welcome!)

kelyn39

Mouseketeer
This will be my first entry in my new WISH journal! :Pinkbounc

I started working out and eating better in the beginning of January in order to be more healthy and fit in time for my wedding. Plus it's about time I lose all the weight I've gained since college.

Starting in January I began doing Winsor Pilates 5 times a week for two weeks. As soon as the semester started I started going to the gym 4-5 days a week. My usual daily plan is to do some lifting and then 30 minutes of cardio. So far I have lost 11 pounds and I've gone from a size 14 to a size 12/10(lol 10 on top). I went from a starting weight of 169 to now being at 158.
My goal by June is to be at 145.

I have felt a huge difference in the amount of energy and healthiness that I feel which keeps me going every day. I'm so excited and can't wait to see how far I get by the time of my wedding in June. I also got a bikini to wear at the pool for my honeymoon in Disney! I hope I can wear it!

After the wedding I'm going to continue to workout and eat healty. My ultimate goal is to be about 135 pounds.

Kelly, welcome to the WISH Journal board!!

It sounds like the exercise is making all the difference in the world for you - way to go!! I've been doing Winsor Pilates and it seems to be helping, but I've only been doing it consistently for 11 days - lots of off & on before then. :p

Your goal of 145 by your wedding in June sounds great! Best wishes for great success!!:sunny:

I haven't really followed my diet or exercised this weekend:( I've been at my brother's house all weekend and they've been stuffing me with food and it's been so cold out we haven't been able to leave the house! I can't wait to go to the Guster concert tonight. Maybe all the jumping around and sweating there will be good for me:) I can't wait to get back to my regular routine this week, I feel lazy. And even though it's Spring Break the gym will still be open this week and since I'm working on campus all week, I'll be going!

hi kelly and welcome! :bounce:

don't worry about your weekend of indulgence, just move forward and get right back on track. you'll be back moving downward before you know it!

guster! that's so fun! i love those guys! i've seen them only once in concert, when the were opening for barenaked ladies, but i have some of their live shows on disc. i really enjoy them. have a great time jumping around at the concert :Pinkbounc

Hi Kelly! Sounds like your well on your way to reaching your goal!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding also!

I'm looking forward to reading your journal and "seeing" your success!

Have a healthy and happy Monday!

Desiree'

Here's some before and during pictures of me. The first was taken on our 5 year anniversary last year on May 16, 2003, I believe that I had to be about 175 or so. Now in the latest pic from last weekend, I'm about 158. I wish I had better pictures but i'll try to post some more soon! I'm pretty proud of my success so far, and I can see the results in these pics!

47b4dd37b3127ccebac0918c1a800000001610

47b4dd37b3127ccebac09672dbd50000001610

Wow I can tell the difference too! Keep up the good work!

you've definitely come a long way! those pics show a noticeable difference! great job :). just keep doing what you're doing and the rest of the weight will be gone in no time :bounce:

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

Welcome to WISH! What a big difference in those pictures. You look pretty happy in them both though. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Are you following any particular eating plan, or just increasing your exercise? And make sure you drink LOTS of water, especially with all the exercise.

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! It means a lot :teeth:! I'm so happy today, I went to the gym for the first time since last Thursday! That's the longest time I've gone without working out in the last 3 months. Friday the gym was closed due to Spring Break, Saturday and Sunday I was at my brothers, and Monday and Tuesday I was sick with a pretty bad cold. Today I felt a lot better so I decided to go to the gym after work (special hours during spring break, I got lucky they're even open!) It was hard at first because my energy was kind of low so I did only about 10 minutes on the eliptical machine, and then did 15 minutes on the treadmill, I even ran for a bit! It felt good to be back there! I was kinda scared to weigh myself since I had such a week of indulgence with my birthday and all, but shock, I LOST ANOTHER POUND! I guess my metabolism is kicking in! Yeah so that makes 12 pounds all together:) I'm getting closer to my goal every day! Only another 12 pounds to go!

So my idea with the whole food thing is that I control the amount of food that I eat but I don't deny myself everything. If you deny yourself everything I think you'll just get sick of it and go back to your bad habits. So I used to be a soda addict and have probably about 3 a day so I've switched to Diet and I'm down to about one a day. I drink an Equate (Wal-Mart brand instead of Slim-Fast) Weight Loss Drink for Breakfast every morning, not really for the weight loss aspect but I don't usually have time for breakfast and I like the amount of vitamins and calcium I get from it. For lunch I usually get a free meal at the dining center I work at on campus so I get a whole wheat turkey sub with lettuce, tomato, American cheese, and mayonaise. LOL I can't give up mayonaise, these wheat rolls are really dry sometimes. And for dinner I usually eat whatever I want just in a smaller portion then I used to have. I drink a good amount of water but I've never been able to do the whole 8 glasses a day. I just try to drink till I'm not thirsty anymore. There was actually an interesting story on the Today Show about how you can actually poison your body by drinking too much water because your organs can't process the water very quickly. Here's a link for the article. Weird story, lol but I guess I'm not worried because I have never been able to drink that amount.

So tonight I don't have to worry about counting calories of all the drinks when I go out for St. Patrick's Day, since I'm the Designated Driver. My fiance has tomorrow off and since he's been the DD the last 3 times, I think I owe him! Plus I'm not one to drink beer, let alone green beer!

I hope everyone has a great day today! Thank you all again for your great comments, it keeps me going :Pinkbounc

You are half way to your goal. That's great. For a long time I followed a similar diet plan as you. I just ate smaller portions and didn't deny myself something if I wanted it. It took a while but I lost close to 50 pounds that way (with some exercise also). I went from a size 18 to a 12/10 (10 on top too!). My goal is around 130/135 also. I've stalled and gained some over the year and a half since my weight loss. You are doing great and what better motivation than a wedding and honeymoon. Keep up the good work and let us know how it's going. You look great!

Thank you all for the continued support! When I was getting tired on the treadmill today I kept concentrating on how I can write about how hard I worked out in my journal!

Today I went to the fitness center and worked on my stomach, back and sholders using the various machines.

Then I went on the treadmill and really pushed myself to do a harder workout, here's what I did:

5 minute walk at 3.5
5 minute walk at 3.8 with an 8% incline
2.5 minute run at 6.0
2.5 minute jog/run at 5.5 (I have short legs so it's practically a run!)
5 minute walk at 3.8
4.5 minute jog/run at 5.5
.5 minute sprint at 6.5
5 minute cool-down walk ranging from 3.8-3.0

LOL as you can tell I like to mix it up! LOL at least when I'm on the treadmill, but I like to do this similar routine most of the time. I hope to go tomorrow but I bruised my heel really badly at work today (I'm a clutz and a wild push cart ran my heel over:( and I pushed through the pain today but I'm not sure if it will be better tomorrow. I got stinky tiger baum on right now so I hope that helps!

Originally posted by kelyn39
I control the amount of food that I eat but I don't deny myself everything. If you deny yourself everything I think you'll just get sick of it and go back to your bad habits. So I used to be a soda addict and have probably about 3 a day so I've switched to Diet and I'm down to about one a day.

Those are my thoughts exactly. I've cut most of my portions considerably and found that I'm not nearly as hungry as I thought I would be. I also stopped drinking cokes alltogether. It's amazing the difference. I just *feel* better now that I'm off of them. I haven't even craved one yet!

You are doing GREAT! I'm sorry to hear about your ankle though. I hope it heals up quickly so you wont be in anymore pain!

:wave2: Hi Kelly,
I just wanted to stop by and welcome you as well as congratulate you on your loss this far! You are doing a great job :D !

This weekend was an off weekend again:( It was still Spring Break so the gym wasn't open, so no working out at the fitness center:( I finally got back on track with Pilates this morning so I did Winsor's Advance Body Slimming.

So today I'm back at school (WHEN WILL IT BE OVER??) but that means I can go to the gym:) My heel finally feels better so hopefully I'll go on the treadmill today! I'm really looking forward to my reward smoothie this afternoon afterwards!

:wave2: Hi Kelly,
Hope you have a great day today :sunny: ! I'm glad to hear your gym will finally be back to regular hours for you. Enjoy your work out today and that smoothie ::yes:: !

:wave: Kelly,

You are doing a great job. 1/2 wau to goal. Congrats. Enjoy your tma at the gym today.
:sunny:
Beth

Thanks everyone :wave:

I was so flattered yesterday, at least 5 people told me that I was looking really healthy and they could tell I've lost a lot of weight. LOL it was probably because the jeans I was wearing were a size 14 and they were hanging off of me! Yay! I can't wait to go shopping for new clothes! :Pinkbounc

I was in a bit of a rush yesterday so I did a quick workout, 20 minutes of Pilates in the morning, 15 minutes of weights, 20 minutes on the treadmill.

On the treadmill I walked for 12 1/2 minutes and ran for 7 1/2 minutes at 5.5-6.0 mph.

I'm hoping I can get up to 10 minutes of running again, I did it a few weeks ago but it seems like my energy level isn't really high enough to keep the stamina going. LOL maybe I'll have one of those energy smoothies today since I didn't get to have one yesterday!

I'm so happy, I reached my goal of running for 10 straight minutes at 5.5-6.5 mph! I'm so proud of myself! I hope I can do this on a consistent basis now:)

I'm hoping I can find my mp3 player later because it's been missing in my room for a long time now and it's a great inspiration for me when I'm running.

MP3's I want to listen to when I work out:

Sugar Ray - Floored (Explicit Lyrics) - This is a great workout cd! Very different from the new Sugar Ray music. Very upbeat rock songs. My favorites are RPM and Breathe Check out samples of the songs here.

Rosey - Dirty Child - A mix of rock and R&B. Some songs are mellow but others are upbeat and fun! Check out the songs

here.

Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane - I love every song on this album!! One of my new favorites, very catchy! Check out the songs here.

Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions - A great new singer, some fun remakes of classic songs! Check out the songs here.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle Vol. 1 - A classic! I love this CD!! Creedence rocks! Check out the songs here.

I didn't have any luck finding my CD/MP3 player, maybe I'll find it this weekend:) I found so much stuff in the mess of my room and I realize I really need to organize it this weekend! That will burn some calories :Pinkbounc

Yesterday I did my morning pilates as usual, which were hard, I'm having a tough time doing the teaser position. I just have to keep trying.

More complements yesterday from people at work! So sweet! I think everyone is saying these nice things because they know I'm not starving myself, and they know I'm losing the right way by changing my eating habits and excercising.

Yesterday I wasn't very hungry so I had a lot of light meals:
1. Breakfast - Equate Weight Loss Drink
2. Lunch - Salad
3. Snack - Smoothie
4. Dinner - Special K cereal

Odd day, I really didn't have any cravings!

I went to the gym and did another 30 minutes on the treadmill, I pushed myself again and did another 10 successful minutes of running straight! LOL it was hard to keep going though, the girl on the treadmill next to me was going at 2.4 mph!! I felt like she was at turtle speed! I blocked her out though and payed attention to my goal.

Ok, time to do my Pilates! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter