• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom

Hi friends,

Just home. Did KTTK on Monday and i MUST SAY IT WAS THE best $40 BUCKS we have EVER spent at WDW! Our cm was Rae. She was phenomenal. DH says he finally met someone with more Disney enthusiasm than me ! I know, it's like Heroin. All my friends think I need some sort of 12 step program:earseek:

I can't say enough about Rae! If you have any inkling of taking this tour, be sure to request her. Every minute was a blast!

That's great to hear you enjoyed it so much. Everything I've read it is a fantastic tour. DH and I are going down right after Thanksgiving and have ressies for that tour on Friday, Dec. 5 at 9:30. So what rides did you get on and where was lunch and what did you have to eat? Was the lunch good and how long did the tour last?

Hi Bev,

We rode the Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion. But it was Rae who really made this tour a blast. She should be a stand up comic.

We ate at Columbia Harbor House. I had the chix salad with pineapple. It was quite good. DH had the veggie sandwich (kinda hummus and sprouts)...he liked it. They also had assorted sandwiches, chicken fingers, etc... About 8 - 10 choices, I think.

They say this is a 4 hour tour, but it was significantly longer. A good 5 + hours of walking, so do wear VERY comfortable shoes. These dogs were barkin'.:crazy:

The insider information and Disney history is fascinating. I really thought I knew a lot about it, but there are so many little factoids that were really, really fun to discover.

Have a great time. It is so worth it...and ask for Rae

:Pinkbounc

Gee can you ask for a particular CM? I am so excited to be going to Disney over the holidays. DH and I have never been at that time of year before. Usually in the summer when the kids were growing up. Now that we're "empty nesters" we've been a few times usually in spring or fall. You really get to see Disney through different eyes without kids. It definately is a place for ALL AGES. We just love it there. Have a few things planned of course there's MVMCP and then a horse drawn carriage ride and can't forget the massages at GF and then there's my favorite restaurant Le Cellier. Thanks so much for the info on the KTTKT do you have any other good suggestions?

Well, we ended up doing the KTTK tour & Kristielee is correct - it was worth every penny. Definitely longer than a 4 hour tour. It was so much fun & I learned so much. I loved it. I would definitely recommend it. Lunch was also very good. I had the combination chicken & fish strips & enjoyed both of them. Honestly, I enjoyed the fish more than the chicken, which surprised me.

KC03 - You're right, you definitely see Disney through different eyes when you go without children. We were a little melancholy when we first arrived in Disney because our kids weren't in the back seat saying the usual things they do when we drive through the gates, etc., but as we were there for this trip we realized how much fun we were having doing things we normally wouldn't do when our kids were with us.

I had always said I would never go without my kids until they were grown, but I have to eat my words now. I would highly recommend it for anyone - Disneyholic or not. We loved it. :teeth:

Well let me add my 2¢ in for the Keys tour. It was AWESOME! hubby and I went in May and Rae was our tour guide as well. She was fabulous!!!! I simply adored her. We also did the Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion and had lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

I expected to be really bushed afterwards but I wasnt. Was truly surprised.

I would do this tour again in a heartbeat, and I would SO want to ask for Rae again, given the opportunity.

HELLO EVERYONE,

AFTER READING THIS THREAD AND I AM NOW 150% SURE I WANT TO TAKE THIS TOUR. HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DO I NEED TO BOOK? WE ARE GOING DOWN THE FIRST WEEK OF FEB. CAN I BOOK ON LINE OR DO I HAVE TO CALL?

THANKS

LORI

We were there first week in October & I booked it when we got there. I booked it on a Thursday for Saturday morning. They also had openings for Friday & Sunday. Good luck! :)

Great tour!!! We've done it a couple of times (about every 4 years or so, it seems)and may do it again in November. We'll be going down with DBIL and DSIL, who have never done it.

Hi,

From reading this and other boards, I'm really excited about taking the Keys To The Kingdom Tour on December 8 and the Yuletide Fantasy Tour on the 9th.

Jim

How much is the tour per person?

I will be there in two days and would love to do this. But not sure if my friends will want to spend the money on it.

When we were in high school we marched in a parade at MK and we had backstage access. A special door to enter to get backstage, a dressing room and we saw the parade being set up. I always joked that I would sue Disney because I saw Mickey without his head on and it was a woman inside the costume :p It was really neat to see that part. I would love to know more Disney secrets.

Does 58.00 include admission to the park or is that seperate? Also how do I make reservations and when I make them do I have to pay when I make reservations?

SAMMI6,

THE $58.00 DOES NOT INCLUDE ADMISSION TO THE PARK BUT YOU DO GET LUNCH. THE NUMBER IS #407-939-8687 AND YOU DO HAVE TO PAY FOR THE TOUR AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.

LORI

I just did the Keys to the Kingdom tour last Sunday. Most everyone seemed to be having a good time. One man was there with his teenage son and daughter and I think the teenagers were bored by the tour. They were very nice but you could tell it was a little slow paced for them. They told me this was their 14th trip to Walt Disney World. That might have something to do with it.

I also took the Hidden Treasures tour at Epcot on Thursday. We had a young honeymoon couple and the husband seemed pretty bored by it and was always looking for a place to sit down.

Just back--DH and I did Keys on Friday and it was fantastic! We had Rae as our guide and she is as fabulous as other posters have said. I presented her with a "What Would Walt Do" pin at lunch and she was thrilled.

Keys was well worth the time and money. We met some nice folks, including a couple who honeymooned in WDW 5 years ago when we did. We learned so much and saw a certain princess without her gloves in the Utilidors!

BARBEM1,

WELCOME BACK!!!!!! I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME. SOME QUESTIONS FOR YOU,

HOW FAR IN ADVANCE DID YOU BOOK THE TOUR?
HOW LONG WAS THE TOUR?
HOW WAS THE FOOD?

(OFF THE SUBJECT) HOW WAS CBR? WHAT BUILDING DID YOU STAY IN?

THANKS

LAH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter