KFK's First TR!

Awesome!

A KFK TR!

And the first one ever, to boot.

I am expecting big things!

Take your time and tell us all about it.

What kind of souvies did you bring home?

You know, so that in thirty years, your DS's can post photos of a Giddyap and Go bucket from 2010?

Did you try the cowboy beans?

What happened?

I'm sure we will hear all about it!!

Carry on!

TCD

Looks good so far. Keep the pics coming. I think we stayed at that campground when we were kids.

More pics on the way! So you stayed there as a kid? Has it changed much?

I've so been looking forward to this!popcorn::

Hope I don't disappoint! I'm no TCD, but I'll give it my best shot!

Yay! This is going to be fun! I love the foot picture - and DS on the rocking horse - :rotfl2:

You have a really nice big TT - I'm very jealous!

Can't wait for more! popcorn::

That rocking horse was rough wasn't it? :lmao:

The space and $$ were the two selling points of our TT. Thanks!

Okay,,maybe now I believe you didn't camp out in your back yard.
BUT if you really want to "Convince me"", show me a pic of them young'ns fish'n inna canal, :thumbsup2

great pics, by the way,:thumbsup2

I'm glad you believe me. I'm sorry to let you down, but the fishing didn't happen. DH got sick midway through our trip and even had to make a trip to prompt care. That took a few of our Fort Only days off the table since he didn't feel like getting out as much as he normally would've. There was no way I could have managed fishing on my own with both boys. All that Giddyap and Go chicken skin I saved was just wasted. :sad2: We were disappointed, but will make sure some fishing happens locally. I promise to share those pics with ya!

I did find a souvenier for you, but since I didn't have your mailing address, I just took a pic! :thumbsup2

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I just caught your "convince me" joke!

Love to follow a fellow South Carolinian!!

Bring on the pics! - :banana:

:woohoo:

Hooray! A fellow sandlapper! What area are you in? We're in the CSRA.

Awesome!

A KFK TR!

And the first one ever, to boot.

I am expecting big things!

Take your time and tell us all about it.

What kind of souvies did you bring home?

You know, so that in thirty years, your DS's can post photos of a Giddyap and Go bucket from 2010?

Did you try the cowboy beans?

What happened?

I'm sure we will hear all about it!!

Carry on!

TCD

Yes. My first TR.
!
I hope it lives up to your expectations.

It was a 2 week trip with around 2,000 pics taken. You may change your mind about me taking my time before it's over with. :laughing:

In the interest of time, I couldn't reply to everyone right now, but to all of you who have jumped in....Thanks! I hope you all enjoy my first TR!

OK, now I'm confused. Are we supposed to ignore this thread too?

Are there going to be any "find Waldo" opportunities?

I bet I'm going to get a "nyah nyah told you so" on this thread! :rotfl:

True, you are no TCD.

But, you are KFK.

Remember, you started the best thread of 2010!

You will not disappoint.

TCD

Thank you TCD!

I'm going to preface this post by saying that my 5 year old has Autism. Many of you already knew this, but for the ones who don't....You may wonder why you see such a big kid in a stroller or on a leash, so I thought I'd go ahead and share this with ya'll so you would understand up front. These tools help us manage moods/behaviors etc.

With that said...Here we go!

I don't know why this facinates me, but it does. I didn't have the camera ready on our way to the KOA, but I was ready on our short trek to FW.
102_5636.jpg

The excitement is mounting as we approach the WDW Entrance. Both DS's are getting very bouncey and LOUD! I love it! Nothing's better than happy kids.
102_5640.jpg

How cool! I'd heard there was a monorail painted with a Tron theme. We were thrilled that it was our first monorail sighting as we got on site. I got better pics later in the trip, but that will have to wait until later. The excitement is continuing to build.
102_5641.jpg

Now we're busting at the seams as we approach the MK entrance....that means in just a few minutes we're gonna bear right and we'll be HOME!!!:cheer2: (Magicbus...if you're reading this, you should know we looked at every bus going in wondering if one of them was you. I can be heard on our video talking about it.) Yes, I took photos and videos at the same time....It's a gift.
102_5643.jpg

The moment has arrived and we're going in! We prefer to go inside the outpost for check in. They are very willing to work with you to get you into the loop you want. DH took a list of sites that we like and the CM assured us we had one on the list! :cool1: We're feeling the magic! I don't know why I've never taken the camera into the outpost, but this time would be different.

Here are a few photos. The first is an old sign that features the FWRR.
102_5646.jpg

A shot of the mantle and chandalier.
102_5647.jpg

The KF Kids on the cartoon couch. They now have a flat screen mounted on the wall. Much nicer than the old TV with the plexiglass over it.
102_5649.jpg

DH checking in! :cheer2: We're getting more excited by the minute!
102_5650.jpg

Here's the new TV. They were actually showing Disney Channel instead of the neverending cartoon loop.
102_5653.jpg

The kids were enjoying "playing" checkers when I noticed something......look at the small oval metal plaque on the checkerboard.
102_5655.jpg

Here's a closer look. Sorry it's out of focus. I took several but this one was the best shot.
102_5656.jpg

How cool is that!? A Musket Mickey! Glad to know they can still be spotted every now and then!

Here's the KF Fellas on a rock. DS7 has to have a pic by every rock he sees, but I'll just share this one. No thanks necessary.
102_5659.jpg

Our site wasn't ready as we checked in early...around 10:30 or 11:00 am. We didn't mind waiting in the overflow PL. We opened up the TT and stretched out on the sofa. Then we got a call from Kenny. It wouldn't be long before we'd have our cart! :banana: Looping would be a much better way to pass the time!
102_5660.jpg

I've always loved these Chip and Dale traffic signs. :love: I only wish bikers and runners would heed the signs.
102_5664.jpg

A squirrel in 900 loop.
102_5665.jpg

We knew we'd be in 900 loop and during our pre set up looping saw that several sites were open so DH called the Front Desk and told them the sites looked "ready enough" for him so they told us to go ahead and set up. Back to the overflow we go to get the TT. We were set up before check in time! :thumbsup2

Here's a view of our set up from the wooded area in front of us.
102_5670.jpg

Here's a view from the road.
102_5672.jpg

AHHHHHH! There's no place like home!!!

More of Day one to come later this evening.

I don't know why this facinates me, but it does. I didn't have the camera ready on our way to the KOA, but I was ready on our short trek to FW.
102_5636.jpg

Here's a closer look. Sorry it's out of focus. I took several but this one was the best shot.
102_5656.jpg

How cool is that!? A Musket Mickey! Glad to know they can still be spotted every now and then!

Oh boy, you are doing great!

We see that Mickey electric pole every time we visit WDW, since we always arrive from the West. I don't recall seeing any photos of it before. So, good job on that.

And, good job on finding the Musket Mickey on the checkerboard. The checkerboard in the Meadow Trading Post is the same. I think the checkerboard has disappeared from the porch of Crockett's Tavern. These are about the last of the Musket Mickeys in the campground.

Good job on your site selection.

When I have to go premium, I love the outer sites on the first half of the 900 loop. We were in site 914 for Spring Break 2009 (right before the chainsaw and concrete boys showed up). That is the site right next to where you were. I love all the space behind these sites. Plenty of room for clotheslines, hammocks and such. It's a bit of a walk to the comfort station from here, but since 900 is a smaller loop, it's still not bad.

Looking forward to more photos and reporting. :thumbsup2

TCD

OK, now I'm confused. Are we supposed to ignore this thread too?

Are there going to be any "find Waldo" opportunities?

I bet I'm going to get a "nyah nyah told you so" on this thread! :rotfl:

Ignore only if you want to.

There's no Waldo's in the TR, but there are a couple of hidden Musket Mickey's.

Nyah, nyah! :laughing:

Oh boy, you are doing great!

We see that Mickey electric pole every time we visit WDW, since we always arrive from the West. I don't recall seeing any photos of it before. So, good job on that.

And, good job on finding the Musket Mickey on the checkerboard. The checkerboard in the Meadow Trading Post is the same. I think the checkerboard has disappeared from the porch of Crockett's Tavern. These are about the last of the Musket Mickeys in the campground.

Good job on your site selection.

When I have to go premium, I love the outer sites on the first half of the 900 loop. We were in site 914 for Spring Break 2009 (right before the chainsaw and concrete boys showed up). That is the site right next to where you were. I love all the space behind these sites. Plenty of room for clotheslines, hammocks and such. It's a bit of a walk to the comfort station from here, but since 900 is a smaller loop, it's still not bad.

Looking forward to more photos and reporting. :thumbsup2

TCD

Now that I have several 2G memory cards, I take pics of almost EVERYTHING! It did almost get me into trouble at MK. :rolleyes1

I did find another Musket Mickey in the CG, I'll share the pic later.

We love 900 loop. We were in 912 and thought it was great. We had lots of room without anyone right on top of us.

Great report so far.

Keep it up, you are making our upcoming visit that much more exciting.

Great job so far - loving the "step by step" pics. Can't wait for more! :3dglasses

Great report so far.

Keep it up, you are making our upcoming visit that much more exciting.

Then it's worth it! Hope your trip is a great one too!

I'd say you're on your way to an excellent TR!

Waving at ya from Charleston!

A fellow South Carolinian! :yay: We've got relatives in Ladson. You're practically neighbors!

Great job so far - loving the "step by step" pics. Can't wait for more! :3dglasses

Glad you're enjoying. Here's more...

Only a few more pics here to finish up Day 1.

Since we're all set up, fed and have our superfast Kenny Cart...a little looping is in order.

Here is what we saw. The first pic is another wildlife sighting....it's not an otter...only a turtle.
102_5674.jpg

This set up deserved some sort of award. A pop up mounted on what appears to be a residential trailer frame.

It also had a screened in room on the front and another screened in shelter on the ground. Quite genius IMO!

102_5675.jpg

102_5676.jpg

102_5677.jpg

In our GC travels we spotted this little beauty. But I didn't immedidately name it my fave since the trip was still young.

You never know what else you might see.

102_5678.jpg

Apparently I didn't take many pics on this looping excursion.

Oh well, we're getting hungry any way so it's time for our arrival day Giddyap and Go! :cheer2:

I had the pleasure of sitting on Burl's porch until it was ready. I could've stay there all night!

Sadly and stoooooopidly, I didn't take the camera with me. So I just people watched and took it all in.

102_5680.jpg

Yes, those are the Cowboy Beans.

As TCD said in his report, they're not on the menu but you can still get them if you ask.

Glad I asked.
102_5681.jpg

Now that we're full and rested again, it's time to hop on the GC for one last ride.

We passed by this extremely decorated site and I couldn't resist taking a pic.

Very obnoxiously taking a pic....the campers were standing right there.

She was very nice about it and said I could take all the pics I wanted as long as she wasn't in them.

I heard later that she was a Disboarder. I didn't think to ask at the time since I never saw any green ears.
102_5684.jpg

And finally, a quick ride through 600 loop. I saw the worse site ever. As I was commenting to DH, he laughed and said "look at the sight #". Yep, you guessed it. It was the famous 617. TCD is right. It is bad.
102_5687.jpg

That concludes the pics from day one. Apparently the rest of the evening was spent getting to bed early so we could get up early for our first park day.

We have always been a MK first family...so it was a bit strange when DS7 wanted to go to Epcot first. He had his heart set on riding the boat ride in Mexico. So as a labor of love we say OK.

We have a lot of "stuff" that we don't like to pack up, fold up etc. to ride the bus, so we like to take a boat to the MK or CR and then a Monorail to Epcot. It's just how we roll. Here's the guys waiting on our very first WDW boat of 2010.
102_5688.jpg

Hmmmm...glad we read the signs. The've switched sides on us. MK boats now dock to the right and the Resort launches dock to the left. After speaking to a CM we learned there was really no reason. The powers that be just decided to switch them around. :confused3
102_5689.jpg

*Excited voice* Here it is! Our first boat of 2010. :cheer2:
102_5692.jpg

Now we're feeling a little nostalgic as we pass by D.I. I only took a couple of pics this time, but I did get more later on.
102_5698.jpg

As much as I love FW...somehow I don't feel entirely like I'm at WDW until I put my feet on CR soil...or rather concrete and ride a monorail. I guess it's due to the fact that this was the first WDW resort I ever stayed at...and it just takes me back.....
102_5701.jpg

We've arrived at Epcot and managed to capture the Tron Monorail passing by.
102_5719.jpg

The first thing we do is head for Nemo and Friends. DS' both love it and it just seemed like the best place to start. After diverting attention away from a photo op with Bruce (by absolutely promising that we'll come back later) we're off to get FP's for Soarin'.

Now since DS is getting restless to ride the Mexico boat ride....we're on our way. Apparently something new is happening right across from Mexico.
102_5720.jpg

102_5722.jpg

We're starting to get hungry and not really interested in going into every country in World Showcase so we decide to head for Germany.

We have always enjoyed the Biergarten even though it is a little pricey for lunch.

We didn't do a price check.

We just went in and ate.

Then the bill came!

$85.00. For lunch. 2 adults and 2 small children. And it's a serve yourself buffet.

R U kidding me? We will not make that mistake again.

From now on we are on price hike alert.

Now as we pass Germany DH says "You are dead to me".
102_5731.jpg

Now that we are fed and refreshed, albeit in shock, we venture over to the American Pavillion.

We were just in time for the Voices of Liberty.

They are one of my favorites.

Yes, they make me cry everytime I hear them.

KFK can be such a sap!

102_5740.jpg

We decided to take a boat across the lagoon instead of walking back to Future World, but just missed the boat. Looks like we're walking. I'm glad we did. It's been a while since we've gone all the way around WS.

Now for Soarin'! It's a KFK family fave. One of the things we ALL love.
102_5755.jpg

Now I needed to head for Guest Relations to take care of some business. The CM at the entrance said that I needed to go back to Stroller rentals...so I did. When I got to Stroller Rentals, I was told I needed to go back to GR at the entrance. :sad2: Really!? It's hot and DS5 is already upset that I've left the group, but I decided not to become aggravated and just head back for GR. The nice CM helped me with what I needed (or so I thought...problems developed later from an error on his part), but at least he was nice. and I managed to get this nice pic of Spaceship Earth.
102_5756.jpg

When I get back to the family, it appears they are ready for a snack so we sat in a nice shady spot close to Spaceship Earth and had refreshments along with a lot of water.
102_5758.jpg

Now we're on our way to Mission Space. Along the way I snapped this shot of the fountain. I love all of the fountains and waterways at Epcot. It at least makes you feel a little cooler.
102_5759.jpg

After our Mission was complete, DS enjoyed one of the video games at MS.
He loves that stuff. We can hardly pull him out of there! He wants to be an Astronaut when he grows up. He also wants to be an artist.

We tell him he can paint pictures of space while he's actually there!
102_5760.jpg

Next we head on over to TT. DS7 was a little skittish last year about riding the faster rides but decided he'd try it again this year! He loved it! :cheer2: Now there's another ride we can add to the list of ones we can all do together!

DS feels the need for a photo at every opportunity.
102_5765.jpg

Well it seems we are done on this side of FW (we craftily avoided Ellen's universe of Energy). :thumbsup2 So as promised we're off to Journey Into Imagination and back to Nemo and Friends for that photo with Bruce.
102_5767.jpg

102_5770.jpg

We're all tired and ready to be back at the Fort...or as DS calls it, "Our home away from home". Here's a couple of pics from our monorail ride back to MK and our boat ride back to the Fort.

It was a great day and we had sooooo much fun.
102_5782.jpg

102_5778.jpg

Great TR. The Pop-up camper is a Fleetwood Scorpion toyhauler. They stopped building them in '07 or '08.

You guys look like you're having a ball!
I'm with your DS7 - I gotta ride that boat in Mexico, too. I wonder what it is??? :confused3

The TR is great! Looks like your boys had a great time..Looking forward to more..popcorn::

By the way, that bucket of chicken looks truly YUMMY!::yes::

Great TR. The Pop-up camper is a Fleetwood Scorpion toyhauler. They stopped building them in '07 or '08.

Good to know. I thought it was pretty cool!

You guys look like you're having a ball!
I'm with your DS7 - I gotta ride that boat in Mexico, too. I wonder what it is??? :confused3

We were having a great time!

I used to love the boat ride before the redo, the addition of the 3 Caballeros just put my DS' over the moon. When singing the song alone...DS7 sings.."I am the 1 Caballero..." :rotfl: I think I like the ride even better now too.

The TR is great! Looks like your boys had a great time..Looking forward to more..popcorn::

By the way, that bucket of chicken looks truly YUMMY!::yes::

Thanks, we definitely did have a fantastic time.

Staying at the Fort allows us to stay longer , so we don't feel under pressure to try to do so much all at once. Makes it much more pleasant.

The Giddyap and Go is one of the few remaining meals that is still a pretty good value....and yes it was delicious. TE knows how to fry some Gospel Bird! Mmmmmm.... The only prob is that takeout isn't available until after 4:30 so you can't order it for lunch.

great tr. the pictures make me feel like i am there. :)

Great. That's the idea. I feel the same way when I read TR's of other Fiends. I can almost insert our faces into their photos and relive all of our special moments. :goodvibes

Next installment will be MK.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter