KFK's First TR!

We're on our way to MK!

Passing by River Country makes me feel very nostalgic and sad.

What a great waterpark it was. It would be ideal for my boys.

I really should try to let go.

102_5783.jpg

102_5784.jpg

102_5785.jpg

There's nothing like walking down Main Street for the first time on your trip!

That's DH and DS7 on the far right of the pic.

The boys can't wait to head for tomorrowland!

102_5788.jpg

So they won't have to wait any longer....

First up is Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin.

A hands down fave of all of us.

Only prob is dragging the boys out when it's over! Hahahaha!

DS5 always wants to stay on

and DS7 must examine every speck of merchandise in the gift shop

and have a pic made w/Zurg....

everytime.

I can't even count the pics with Zurg. I'll share one later.

102_5793.jpg

102_5795.jpg

102_5802.jpg

As tradition goes we have to ride TTA next.

I remember back in the ticket book days this one was a freebie thus making it a fave.

It still remains a fave to this day.

DH has to video the entire ride and I take scores of pics.

Here are a couple.

The first pic is of Startraders....remember when it used to be Mickey's Mart?
102_5806.jpg

Next is a photo of the TL Speedway.

DS7 is bouncing off the walls to ride that one!

He is convinced that he wins and I am the loser even when I am in front of him. :sad2:

102_5808.jpg

102_5821.jpg

Toontown seems to be where everyone wants to go next so the KFK clan is on their way!

But wait...the Teacups are right there....and with no wait!

A little change of plans. We practically walked right on.

DH and I don't have the stomachs we used to. Ugh!

The TC's USED to be one of my favorites.

Fortunately the boys were content to NOT spin too fast. Whew!

102_5829.jpg

102_5832.jpg

102_5833.jpg

Finally made it to toontown and decide to hop a ride on the Barnstormer.

DS' usually love this one, but it wasn't really a hit this time. Oh well.

102_5835.jpg

102_5839.jpg

DS7 still loves going through Minnie's house over Mickey's b/c you can touch everything.

Not to wish time away, but we will not be sad when we no longer need to go in there.

It's cute for the little ones, but we've seen it enough.

102_5842.jpg

I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but it was a long trip and I just can't remember,

but I do know that we were hot, tired and hungry and decided to head back to the Fort.

Here's a pic of the Castle I took on the way out.

102_5855.jpg

DS7 REALLY wanted to ride in front of the boat so we did.

We don't normally, but it was nice.

Here we are arriving back at the Fort. AHHHHH!

102_5884.jpg

When we got back we noticed that we had a note clothespinned to our awning bar.

I have been hunted by another Fiend. Cool!

We looked for ears on our first day, but didn't see any and not having internet access we couldn't check the boards for locations.

So we were glad one found us!

102_5886.jpg

Since one good stalk deserves another...

I stalked back.

Sadly no sign of life at the moment. But at least we each know where the other is.

I know the GC is there, but all curtains were drawn and it was VERY, VERY, QUIET.

Knowing that this Fiend has a very small child I didn't knock for fear of disturbing a nap.

I knew where they were and they knew where I was so I was confident we'd meet.....

and we did!

Very nice dude. A firefighter no less. Awesome!

I met 2 of his kids, but never got to meet DW or third child. Maybe another time.

102_5888.jpg

Stay tuned....remember I said this was a long trip. I'm trying to be concise or this TR could last a month! Next up will be our return to MK and then a Fort only day.

This is a great trip report. Guess we are going to have to ride the Mexico ride. Haven't been on it for years; didn't realize it had been modified. The boys look like they were having a ball.

DS7 still loves going through Minnie's house over Mickey's b/c you can touch everything.

DS7 REALLY wanted to ride in front of the boat so we did.

We don't normally, but it was nice.

One good stalk deserves another...

so I stalked back.

I agree about Minnie's house - what's up with Mickey? He's way too protective of his stuff. ;)

We rode on the front of the boat EVERY time! Does that make us dorks? :rotfl:

I am jealous you got to meet someone! I'll just have to try again next year! :thumbsup2

This is a great trip report. Guess we are going to have to ride the Mexico ride. Haven't been on it for years; didn't realize it had been modified. The boys look like they were having a ball.

Thanks for following along. They've completely changed the Mexico ride. Other than the fact that it's still a boat ride and they still use the video screens. It now features Donald, Jose and Panchito. They do still have a couple of things left from the old ride. It really is cute. :goodvibes

I agree about Minnie's house - what's up with Mickey? He's way too protective of his stuff. ;)

We rode on the front of the boat EVERY time! Does that make us dorks? :rotfl:

I am jealous you got to meet someone! I'll just have to try again next year! :thumbsup2

Mickey needs to lighten up and childproof his house....he does live at WDW afterall! :lmao:

Not dorks at all. I actually like riding outside in the front too, but having a s/n child who is often in a stroller makes it tough to get out there. We did ride outside in the back a time or two since we didn't have the threshold to deal with. (Besides, even when DS is out of his stroller, we hate tearing it down and having to carry everything loaded in the cargo basket.)

I actually met two others and some family members. I also met Big Kahuna...or should I say Big Teddy Bear! ;) Also met his DW and DD. They were a very sweet family. :thumbsup2 Last but not least I met SS&J's mom along with her DH. We had a nice long chat at their site. DH kept his distance due to the fact he'd been sick, but joined in the convo from the GC. All were nice folks! But what else could I expect...they're FIENDS!

I saw 2 other signs, but never got to meet the Fiends. Darn.

We were pretty aggressive in our search and would have had more luck if we'd had WiFi. I saw later where some posted their sites but didn't have ears out. That didn't help me any. Oh well. We're shooting for being at the Fort on the 4th next year and should have better luck since it appears that a lot of Fiends are there on July 4th. Hope I'm right!

Mickey needs to lighten up and childproof his house....he does live at WDW afterall! :lmao:

Not dorks at all. I actually like riding outside in the front too, but having a s/n child who is often in a stroller makes it tough to get out there. We did ride outside in the back a time or two since we didn't have the threshold to deal with. (Besides, even when DS is out of his stroller, we hate tearing it down and having to carry everything loaded in the cargo basket.)

I actually met two others and some family members. We're shooting for being at the Fort on the 4th next year and should have better luck since it appears that a lot of Fiends are there on July 4th. Hope I'm right!

:rotfl2: Let's send Mickey some child-proofing instructions! :rotfl2:

That totally makes sense about getting the stroller out there. We took our stroller out there, but were able to get DD out first. Plus, our stroller looks like it is more narrow than yours. DH also hated anytime we had to fold up the stroller - stuff would fall out and he was trying to be quick and still not lose anything. Luckily, the bus was really the only place you have to do that. OH, that's what I was going to say last time - when you mentioned that you boat to CR and monorail from there - our DF who met us there does that too. We meant to try it for Epcot, but forgot.

I will likely miss you next year for the 4th! We usually go to Hilton Head for the 4th.

Finally made it to toontown and decide to hop a ride on the Barnstormer.

DS' usually love this one, but it wasn't really a hit this time. Oh well.

102_5835.jpg

102_5839.jpg

Ahh the Barnstormer. My oldest boy absolutely loves this ride. He would ride it all day long if we let him. I kind of enjoy it too :)

Nice TR. Im afraid to do a TR myself, probably bore everyone to death.

The Minnie GC was there when we were there 19 - 25 Jul. It was on the site right acrossed from us. The arms actualy move as it drives down the road. They must be there for a while.......

Magicbus...if you're reading this, you should know we looked at every bus going in wondering if one of them was you. I can be heard on our video talking about it.) Yes, I took photos and videos at the same time....It's a gift.

Went to the Fort this weekend, Fort Desoto that is, and just got caught up on your excellent TR, nice job. Watch out TCD.
That might have been my bus in the photo at the MK toll plaza, who knows. BTW, unless I missed it, I don't think I saw you in any photos.
I did drive by your site a couple of times and was tempted to steal, um borrow, your sign.

Went to the Fort this weekend, Fort Desoto that is, and just got caught up on your excellent TR, nice job. Watch out TCD.
That might have been my bus in the photo at the MK toll plaza, who knows. BTW, unless I missed it, I don't think I saw you in any photos.
I did drive by your site a couple of times and was tempted to steal, um borrow, your sign.

Magicbus,
How was Fort Desoto? We haven't been there in a couple of years. The last time we went it was packed as usual and due to the sand roads, it's always a dust bowl. We stopped going because other than the beach, the kids got bored too quickly. Also now that I have a 30ft TT the sites get kinda tight. Any trouble for you?

:rotfl2: Let's send Mickey some child-proofing instructions! :rotfl2:

That totally makes sense about getting the stroller out there. We took our stroller out there, but were able to get DD out first. Plus, our stroller looks like it is more narrow than yours. DH also hated anytime we had to fold up the stroller - stuff would fall out and he was trying to be quick and still not lose anything. Luckily, the bus was really the only place you have to do that. OH, that's what I was going to say last time - when you mentioned that you boat to CR and monorail from there - our DF who met us there does that too. We meant to try it for Epcot, but forgot.

I will likely miss you next year for the 4th! We usually go to Hilton Head for the 4th.

Our DS is over 50 lbs., so on top of folding the stroller and stuff falling out, he's just to darn heavy to lug around when he's asleep. We avoid the folding of the stroller almost at all cost. :headache: Sometimes DS7 is a little to tired at the end of the day and DH needs to carry him leaving me with the biggun in the stroller. I won't even try to carry DS5 unless its from a burning building. :rotfl:

The boat to CR and monorail to Epcot is the most fun! You get to go inside CR and look around before boarding a Monorail. It just feels so Disneyish to us! DS5 loves the buses, in fact he gets very excited about them, but until he can fold and carry his own stroller we try to use the boats and monorails as much as possible. :laughing:

Heading for HH on the 4th? You'll only be a couple of hours from my house. Around 2 1/2 actually. What a nice island to visit. I haven't been in several years but it is really beautiful.

Ahh the Barnstormer. My oldest boy absolutely loves this ride. He would ride it all day long if we let him. I kind of enjoy it too :)

I like it too. DS7 loved so many faster rides this year so I don't know why he thought the Barnstormer was too much. :confused3 Very odd. Very odd indeed.

Nice TR. Im afraid to do a TR myself, probably bore everyone to death.

The Minnie GC was there when we were there 19 - 25 Jul. It was on the site right acrossed from us. The arms actualy move as it drives down the road. They must be there for a while.......

I'm glad you're enjoying and following along. To be honest, I thought I might be a little boring too. There are so many details I've forgotten already. Probably should have written stuff down each day while we were there. I just wanted to be in the moment with my family and not be distracted trying to keep up with too much. The gazillion pics I took are helping to jog my memory.

I don't think TCD really needs to be afraid, but thanks for the compliment. ;)
So far the only photo I'm in is inside Bruce the shark. I was behind the camera more than in front. Fortunately KFM took a few during their stay so when I get to that portion of the TR you'll start seeing a little more of me.

Don't get too excited..I'm no match for Mrs. BDR. :rotfl2:

I'm sure all the bus drivers wondered why I was staring at their name tags. I tried peeking in the buses that weren't even going to our stops. Hopefully next time we'll cross paths.

If my sign had turned up missing, my first suspicion would be that a Fiend was responsible. :lmao:

Your doing great so far. Love the pics.

Thanks. I'm glad your enjoying it.

I am still dying laughing from that note! Holy Cow!

I nearly died laughing when I saw it too!

You should be named the Clothesline Queen. This has become quite an issue on the boards. :lmao:

You'll be proud to know that I did get my clothesline up and will share a pic later on. When WAK found me it was still early in our trip and I didn't need one yet.

I also have several pics for your CL thread. I'll try not to put off posting those too much longer. ;)

Now back to the TR.....

In our excitement of locating a fellow fiend, we decided to search for more.

We found these ears but no one was home.

We rode by several times with no luck.

I even left a note that we'd been by. Still nothing. :confused3

102_5890.jpg

Since no fiends were to be found right now we just looped.

Here's my view from the back of the GC.

I love the Fort!

102_5894.jpg

Sorry, not many Fort pics on this GC excursion, but there will be lots of photos of the Fort later in the TR.

We were staying in 900 loop so I was able to snap this shot of Meadows TP on our way back to the camper.

Everything is so pretty and green.

I love the Fort.

102_5895.jpg

DS5 really does love the golf cart.

He is only partially verbal, but one of his fave things to say was "cart".

Made the $$ spent well worth it! With Kenny it's a great deal anyway!

Gotta love Kenny!

102_5899.jpg

I just want to take a moment to remind anyone getting ready for a visit to the Fort...

Take time to enjoy the Fort.

Let your kids have lots of time to ride bikes, explore, whatever they want to do.

Take in an outdoor movie, roast those marshmallows or make smores.

So many wonderful things to enjoy!

We've found that the stress level goes down and all is right with the world. :goodvibes

Here's a pic of ours doing just that. DS7 even met a couple of friends across the road. (That's DS5 bolting down the road there)

102_5901.jpg

Well placed ears like these babies make it much easier to be found.

Visitors are always welcome at the KFK family campsite.

102_5905.jpg

Since this is a park day it's time to head back to MK.

But not before I snap a photo of the Settlement TP.

I wonder how many times I've been in there over the years. Hmmmm...

102_5912.jpg

Those of you following along have probably already noticed that I sometimes get nostalgic.

RC is the hardest for me to accept, but seeing Discovery Island like this is no different.

I remember the big sandy beach w/that shipwreck sitting there. Loved it!

DH and I visited D.I. on our honeymoon in 1995. Sadly we didn't take any pics.

If only I'd known it would be my last time on the island I surely would have.

102_5914.jpg

102_5915.jpg

102_5916.jpg

Speaking of honeymoon. DH and I spent our honeymoon here at the Wilderness Lodge.

IMO it's very impressive!
102_5917.jpg

I always enjoy seeing the ferry, not riding, just seeing.

They do make a nice photo though.

102_5919.jpg

DS was happy to be able to sit outside on the boat and is looking intently at something.

102_5921.jpg

Maybe it was this monorail passing over us.

102_5923.jpg

I probably have 10 pics of space mountain from this trip alone. I can't resist.

102_5925.jpg

I'm not sure what is happening here so I don't have any comment to make.

102_5930.jpg

ETA: I don't know how I missed these pics. They are from our return to the Fort from MK.

This situation was a little unnerving. It really looked like we were going to have a collision.

102_5868.jpg

As we approached dock we could see what was going on behind the giant cover around the boat rental shack.

102_5877.jpg

A closer look....just reroofing. The finished roof did look nice.

102_5881.jpg

We are heading to a Wilderness Cabin at the begining of November for a week with a "Kenny Golf Cart". We are going to take your advice and, since it is our 3rd trip to WDW this year, we are going to relax and enjoy Fort Wilderness!

KFK-

This thing beats the heck out of a lame TCD TR any day of the week.

I was away from the Disboards all weekend, so I have some catching up to do with my comments.

Instead of re-posting quotes and photos, I will just go ahead with my comments/questions/concerns/observations/drivel:

1. That pop-up that you said deserved some kind of award is, as Medic9016 said, actually a stock model Fleetwood. It is a pop-up toy hauler. I didn't know they stopped making them. They must not have sold very well. You don't see many around. But, boy, that camper has some gear! I love the cooler, grill and hammock. What loop was this on? At first, I thought they had their truck on the back of the site, but now I see that there is a site right behind them. So, where was this? I'm going to guess the 200 loop, but I'm not sure.

2. The folks with the Minnie Golf Cart are FW regulars. In fact, they hitched a trailer to that thing last Halloween, and won the Halloween Golf Cart contest!

3. I love the GAG photos (that's Giddyup and Go to those of you not in the know), but what are you doing with three sides (I see fries, slaw and beans)? Did you get a hook up?

4. That's Hilda and Charlie there on site 734. They (and their daughter and pups) have been there on this visit since before last Halloween. In the same site! Hilda does occasionally read the Disboards. Her screen name has the word Camelot in it, but I haven't seen her post. They are FOTCD (Friends of TCD). Oh, and did you know that they are TV stars? On the Christmas at Disney World with Samantha Brown special on the Travel Network a couple of years back, Samantha Brown visited their site, and Charlie took her around on a golf cart ride. Does anyone have a Youtube link for that video?

5. Good job on the site 617 photo! :thumbsup2

6. Great, but sad RC and DI photos! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

7. So, whose Mickey lamp post was that with the hanging green ears?

8. Did you happen to see the Bear Face at WL? I know you said you were going to look for it.

I am enjoying all of the photos. Thanks for taking the time to post these. It looks like your boys had a great time!

Keep up the good work!

TCD

I wasn't aware they quit making those pop up toy haulers. I saw that set up in the 100 loop. I think they were from New York. Some of the newer versions of Fleetwood had a flush toilet and hard sided shower you put into place once the camper is in the up position. They haul 3 four whheelers and have a storage area in front of the pop up as well. Very nice inside. Not huge, but they are nice for the outdoorsman.

In our excitement of locating a fellow fiend, we decided to search for more. We found these ears but no one was home.
We rode by several times with no luck. I even left a note that we'd been by. Still nothing.

I would hope they tried to catch up with you and it was just that you weren't there at the time? I know first hand how difficult it is to catch someone at their site. I'm going to think that even if it wasn't the case.

Let us know when u go to Ft. Desoto again, if we can get a reservation maybe we meet u there, it is near our home in Riverview, and I know u like being around TROUBLE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter