KFK's First TR!

I'll call it first - this is the cutest picture ever!

Thanks for such a great report!

Why thank you!

I thought it was kinda cute myself. ;)

Thanks for following along with me.

:thumbsup2

I will have to agree with this.

First we have little bro conked out- covered with sand.

Then big bro monkeying around in the background.

And dad just sitting there taking it all in.

Perfect!

That is what it is all about!

TCD

Indeed.

That IS what it's all about.

Contrary to popular opinion, the Hokey Pokey is NOT what it's all about.

It was a very special and sweet moment.

Thanks.

Hi Kampfirekim!
Love your trip report. I do have a quick question I will be headed to the fort next Sept. YAY my son will be almost 5. When you did your days at the parks for instance Epcot do you remember what time you went to Epcot and what time you left? I am just trying to figure my days and how long my 5 year old will go before getting tired, so the melt down's won't begin. Thanks so much - I need to go finish reading your TR!

I know we didn't make rope drop for Epcot, but we were there in time to score FP's for Soarin', so it was still morning. Probably late morning. We stayed all day until we couldn't take it anymore, which was just before Illuminations.

A meltdown can occur anytime, anyplace, without warning......

sooo...we just decided where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do and just worked it out. Plenty of water, plenty of snacks and plenty of breaks. Make sure you keep them entertained with age appropriate activities and you should be ok. We didn't spend a lot of time doing "grown up" stuff because the kids got bored and whiney.

Thanks for joining in and good luck on your trip.

kampfirekim,

Howdy neighbour! We were the Canadians with the honking truck camped beside you at the Fort. (Unfortunately our boys accidently set off the truck alarm and didn't know how to turn it off.....the parents were still walking back from the swimming pool!) You can just see our fifth wheel in these photos.

This was our first trip to Fort Wilderness.

I noticed your lime green mickey right away. We did get to meet your husband.

Did you see our clothesline?

Yes, I do remember you guys. I saw ya'll come and go several times.
DH told me he met you. I just didn't realize you were actually on the DisBoards. In fact we referred to you as "the Canadians next door". Wished I'd gotten to meet you too.

And yes, I do remember the truck alarm going off! :rotfl: My 5 year old has set ours off with the remote countless times. No problem! ;)

So many neighbors came and went in your site...was your clothesline attatched to be back of your fifth wheel? It almost took me the entire trip to finally get mine up. I just didn't really need one this time. :confused3

was your clothesline attatched to be back of your fifth wheel? It almost took me the entire trip to finally get mine up. I just didn't really need one this time. :confused3

OK, that's it I call Shenangins! We keep hearing talk of this "clothesline" and I even remembering you promising the queen of clotheslines (aka AuburnJen) that you would do your part to harm the trees of the Fort. Yet we have not seen any proof of said clothesline.
When we got back we noticed that we had a note clothespinned to our awning bar.

102_5886.jpg
I even left you a note and yet we still have yet to see the alleged item. I am really starting to wonder.

Yes...our clothes dryer was attached to the back of the fifth wheel. We have a contraption that attaches to the ladder. You can just see it (without clothes) in the picture of your son with the broom. I do promise there were no undies on it at any time!

We did love Fort Wilderness although I'm not sure when we will drive the RV down again. After we left the Fort we headed to the Keys and by the time we got home we had been gone from home for 45 days and driven 12,300 km or 7642 miles.

OK, that's it I call Shenangins! We keep hearing talk of this "clothesline" and I even remembering you promising the queen of clotheslines (aka AuburnJen) that you would do your part to harm the trees of the Fort. Yet we have not seen any proof of said clothesline.

I even left you a note and yet we still have yet to see the alleged item. I am really starting to wonder.

That's it!

I've had it!

First no one believed I was even at the Fort.

Then no one believed I took pics of clotheslines. (They are on Jen's thread).

And now I'm accused of not having a clothesline of my own......

Now I will have to post a pic out of order just to lay this issue to rest.

Here is the KFK clothesline... Two very large pines had bark scraped off by my rope. I even marred the bark on a couple of other trees before I settled on the two large pines.

100_7439.jpg

and the grand finale....

drum roll please..........

no further adieu.........

My green thong.........

P8181582.jpg

I know I ripped the idea off of PolyPixie's post in the CL thread, but that's just how I roll.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

BTW, nice meeting you. We drove back by your site later in the trip to meet the rest of your family, but you were already gone.

Yes...our clothes dryer was attached to the back of the fifth wheel. We have a contraption that attaches to the ladder. You can just see it (without clothes) in the picture of your son with the broom. I do promise there were no undies on it at any time!

We did love Fort Wilderness although I'm not sure when we will drive the RV down again. After we left the Fort we headed to the Keys and by the time we got home we had been gone from home for 45 days and driven 12,300 km or 7642 miles.

I know there were no undies....

I checked! :rotfl: Just kidding.

Wow! You had quite a road trip! Sounds like fun.

It would have been better if the green thong was hanging on your clothesline!

I know,but I didn't actually have the green thong at the Fort.

I just took the pic a few minutes ago to be a smarty pants. :laughing:

I should've hung one out by the camper and pretended it was at the Fort. :thumbsup2

It could have been worse. KFK could have posted these instead. And they hang great on a clothesline.

greentongs.jpg

Somebody needs to add "lime green thongs" to the standard FW Packing List, then, so you don't forget them next time!

Today we're in an Epcot sort of mood.....

Here's me and the kids in front of S.E.

They looked thrilled.

100_6769.jpg

As is our usual routine, Nemo and friends is first on the agenda.

DS5 could spend hours gazing into the aquariums.

In fact we had a magical moment here last year.

DS had been watching the dolphins for a very long time, when one suddenly stopped swimming.....right in front of him! He just hovered there and watched DS.

Not just for a second.....I'm talking minutes! Just staring at DS.

He was there so long that, after watching him for a moment, I still had time to get out the video camera, turn it on, wait for everything to "set" and get a video clip of the moment!

I've heard animals can sense things...

I still can't help but wonder. :confused3

100_6779.jpg

P7271383.jpg

Just a little scenery on our way to the Land.

100_6786.jpg

This mob scene is the reason we no longer eat here.

It's a hassle for one of us, usually me, to get everyones food and haul it back, while the other tries to find a spot and keep the kids happy while waiting on me to get back.

They have good food, IMO, but not much that pleases our kids.

100_6787.jpg

We all like the Living with the Land boat ride, so we ride.

100_6790.jpg

Look at that wait time! Wow! I love Soarin' as much as the next Disney fanatic, but I don't know if I could take that kind of wait.

100_6791.jpg

The Jammitors. Cool.

P7271390.jpg

A shot of KFM and DS7 just before getting in line for one of his favorite rides.

Remember, I told you he wanted to be an astronaut....and an artist.

P7271391.jpg

P7271392.jpg

DS7 rode TT a couple of years ago and didn't like it.

Vowed never to ride it ever again.

He decided now that he's 7 it would be OK.

He was right. He LOVED it!!!!!! :cheer2:

Now we have one more attraction that we can all ride together.

100_6803.jpg

Being Chicago fans, not the Cubs, the band....we hurried over to the American Adventure to see the Tribute Band, Beginnings. It was well worth the effort. In fact, KFD like it so much that he decided to hang around for the next set.

100_6814.jpg

100_6821.jpg

The boys were restless, so we decided to part ways with the parents and bro.

A shot of China or Japan....:confused3

100_6825.jpg

Since it's DS7's fave and we were going right past it anyway, we popped into Mexico.

The DS' by the fountain.
100_6829.jpg

DS7 being a silly amigo.

100_6840.jpg

We never got a chance to get to the Character Spot last year, we're right here, so why not?

100_6844.jpg

100_6845A.jpg

100_6849.jpg

We're ready to go.....

but like any self-respecting kid at WDW, DS7 begs, "Can we PLEASSSSEEEE just ride S.E. one more time before we go?"

How can we resist?

100_6872.jpg

Just as we were headed out the gate, I turned around and snapped one last pic of the "Epcot Ball".

We had lots of fun. Life's good.

1577e2b3.jpg

Hey - I've missed getting to spend much time on the boards lately - and I can't see your pics at work! :headache:

Anyhoo - it looks like you guys are having a fabulous time! Love the picture of DS sleeping in the sand on DH's leg - so perfect! That's the way it should be when you're a kid a Disney!

Love the last Epcot pic of the "ball" in the sunset is perfect - Life IS good!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I can't wait to go back... you're killin' me... :upsidedow

It could have been worse. KFK could have posted these instead. And they hang great on a clothesline.

greentongs.jpg

Don't be silly! It's lime green THONGS, not lime green TONGS!!
:lmao:

Somebody needs to add "lime green thongs" to the standard FW Packing List, then, so you don't forget them next time!

Oh, never mind then.
At my age lime green grilling utensils have more of an affect on me than lime green underwear. Especially if it's a complete set.

To all 3 of you.....Lisa, Indi and Magicbus......

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I'd rather have the lime green tongs over the lime green thongs anyday! :laughing:

Hey - I've missed getting to spend much time on the boards lately - and I can't see your pics at work! :headache:

Anyhoo - it looks like you guys are having a fabulous time! Love the picture of DS sleeping in the sand on DH's leg - so perfect! That's the way it should be when you're a kid a Disney!

Love the last Epcot pic of the "ball" in the sunset is perfect - Life IS good!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I can't wait to go back... you're killin' me... :upsidedow

Murder by TR...

I didn't know it was possible.

Sorry you don't have much time for the Dis lately, but that's how it is when you have a little one. Both of mine are in school full days this year, so I'm taking a little breather before I finally go back to work. (DH insisted....:love:)

Glad your enjoying the pics. :thumbsup2

I've been a little busy myself, but the next installment is coming soon.

It's sort of a sad day today.

The KFParents and Bro are leaving.

DH has been sick and made a trip to prompt care this morning.

The parents and bro have decided to go ahead and go into MK before they leave, but I am in a quandry.....

DH doesn't feel well and I would feel guilty for leaving him. Because he is so sweet he told us to please go ahead and join the parents since it was their last day and that it wouldn't be fair to the boys to miss out just because he wasn't up for a park day. So, I relented and off we go to meet the parents for one last Hoorah before they leave.

DS7 had been wanting his pic w/Daisy but up until now it hasn't worked out.

Today is his lucky day.

As we enter MK, there she is......

Of course just as we were up next it was time for Daisy's break. So the photographer and I began to chat. She was trying to talk to my youngest, so I had to explain the situation there. She was sooooo sweet about it.

Finally Daisy emerges once again and we're up.

Just look at that expression...

P7281407A.jpg

I took a gazillion pics of this, but I won't share them all.

You're welcome.

DS5 never showed any interest so I just left him in the stroller, but then what is this?

He jumped out and walked right up to Daisy.

The CM helping the photographer practically snatched my camera from my hands and began excitedly taking pics herself.

I'm feelin' the magic.

She was soooo excited when she got this shot.

P7281408.jpg

Just another pretty Castle pic.

P7281418.jpg

Just before we got in line for the Dumbo ride.

P7281419.jpg

KFM, KFB and DS7

P7281423.jpg

DS5 and I shared a teacup.

You spin me right round like a record baby right round.....

P7281424.jpg

We did lots of stuff, ate at the Columbia House etc....

Ya'll know the drill.

On our way out, while we waited on dad and bro for a moment, we just watched the ducks.

Sometimes the simple moments are the best ones.

The boys really, really enjoyed watching the ducks.

P7281428.jpg

The family is starting to get a little anxious to get on the road so we call it a day.

After we got back to the Fort we hopped on the GC and rode back to 912 for the final goodbyes and then we loaded back onto the GC and took the sad drive to the Outpost parking lot where we said more goodbyes.

That's just how we are.

That concludes day 10.

Day 11 was a non park day. We did a little resort hopping. ;-) I'll be back with a few pics of that adventure.....

It includes a pic of our very first Dole Whip.

Ok, I'm back. Now to conclude day 11.

It's been a few years since we've done any resort hopping, so there's no time like the present....

On our way to the marina, I managed to snap a photo of some brotherly love...

Awww.....how sweet!

100_6895.jpg

During our stay we saw a lot of Golf Carts, plain ones, custom ones, outrageous ones, but my fave was a little simpler....

How can you not love the Herbie Cart?

There you have it. Herbie got my vote for best GC of 2010

100_6899.jpg

This RV got my vote for the most creative way to use an RV for an advertisement. I only wish I'd taken a pic from the other side.

100_6901.jpg

We've already gone to the Contemporary, sorry I'm not going to post any of those pics, hopped on a monorail and here we are at the Poly.

At least here is DS at Trader Jacks trying on the merchandise.

100_6932.jpg

Both boys by a Poly statue.

100_6938.jpg

I've been going to WDW since 1973 and not once have I ever, in all these years, had a Dole Whip....

until now.

DH and I liked them alot. The boys, not so much.

100_6941.jpg

DS drumming on the end table in the lobby just outside of Ohana.

100_6945.jpg

I found this interesting.

I didn't know that the Grand Floridian has a campfire.

With COMPLIMENTARY marshamallows.

I'd still rather stay at the Fort and bring my own marshmallows.

100_6961.jpg

Even Disney's Deluxe Resorts attatch hammocks to trees. Sweet!

100_6966.jpg

It was hot and we were tempted to take the monorail to MK and the boat back to the Fort, but DS REALLY wanted to put a couple of quarters into the viewing maching at the contemporary, so.......

out onto the hot marina we go.

While we wait on our boat, DS got to view Bay Lake.

Ya'll know by now I can't resist those little faces, especially at WDW.

100_6971.jpg

We're finally back at FW...

Our home away from home.

100_6979.jpg

100_6980.jpg

We headed back to our site for some lunch and spent the rest of our day being leisurely at the Fort. No pics, I was just being too leisurely to even photograph anything else.

The next installments will include lots of Fort pics. Even though we did have a couple of more park days, we slowed our pace down even more and took in plenty of the Fort.

Okay, finally got a chance to catch up on your TR -- LOVE IT. The photos! The beautiful family! The familiar scenery! The pancakes!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hmmm. :scratchin

They have hammocks and free marshmallows at the GF?

That is good to know. ;)

:idea:

And, KFK, I am really enjoying seeing how much your younger DS was able to enjoy his visit to WDW. I don't want to get into the details here, but I have some experience in my extended family with autism. It is really intriguing to see what appealed to your son, and it warms my heart to see him enjoying himself. And, as a big brother myself, I give your older DS credit for being a great big bro.

TCD

Hmmm. :scratchin

They have hammocks and free marshmallows at the GF?

That is good to know. ;)

:idea:

And, KFK, I am really enjoying seeing how much your younger DS was able to enjoy his visit to WDW. I don't want to get into the details here, but I have some experience in my extended family with autism. It is really intriguing to see what appealed to your son, and it warms my heart to see him enjoying himself. And, as a big brother myself, I give your older DS credit for being a great big bro.

TCD

TCD, Thank you for your kind words. DS5 really does enjoy himself at WDW, and DS7 really is a wonderful UNDERSTANDING (for his age) big bro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter