Kidani questions

skuttle

DIS Veteran
We are renting points at Kidani in July. We have a 1 bedroom. We've stayed at AKL before, but this will be our first DVC stay.

Will there be a pack-n-play in the room or do I need to request one?

Do they offer high chairs? We plan to take advantage of the full kitchen since we know we will be escaping the heat mid-day. We will be traveling with an 11-month old so the high chair would be a great help. I'm not sure we could fit ours in the car (it's the kinds you strap onto the chair).

We are staying 8 nights, so I think we will get two housekeeping days? Is that right? We have two in diapers. Is there somewhere to empty our trash daily?

We will be celebrating our oldest son's birthday during our trip. I want to have a cake delivered to our room on his birthday. I think I've read that this is possible. Where do I call? The resort? Dining? Do we have to be in the room when it's delivered?

Thanks so much. I tried to search around for answers to these questions, but thought it may be quicker to just ask.

Yes, there will be a pack-n-play in the room, should be in the closet. You can also request a crib. Limited number of those, first come first serve.

Do they offer high chairs?

Yes. should also be in the closed of a 1BR (and 2BR). If it's not there, call mousekeeping. They should have the traditional restaurant style high chair.

We are staying 8 nights, so I think we will get two housekeeping days? Is that right? We have two in diapers. Is there somewhere to empty our trash daily?

Yes, sort of. You get "trash and towel" service on day 4. They'll empty trash and replace towels. That's it. No new coffee, etc. There are trash rooms throughout, just have to check the resort map for the closest to your room. You'll get full service on day 7.

We will be celebrating our oldest son's birthday during our trip. I want to have a cake delivered to our room on his birthday. I think I've read that this is possible. Where do I call? The resort? Dining? Do we have to be in the room when it's delivered?

If you just want a standard cake and don't need it right away, you can ask at check-in. No, you don't have to be there for it to be delivered. If you want to call ahead, or need it day 1, call the cake hotline at 407-827-2253.

One correction to above. When staying 8 nights (or more) you get full cleaning service with replacement of coffee, soaps, towels, shampoo, etc. on the 4th day, and trash and towel service on the 8th day (when counting days for those, the day you arrive counts as 1).

One correction to above. When staying 8 nights (or more) you get full cleaning service with replacement of coffee, soaps, towels, shampoo, etc. on the 4th day, and trash and towel service on the 8th day (when counting days for those, the day you arrive counts as 1).

According to the info I got from the owner we are enting from and everything i have seen posted here it is the opposite. Trash and towel on day 4 ad full clean on day 8. It doesn't make sense to replace linens ect coffee ect on day 4, We are staying less than 8 nights and day 4 is trash and towel day.

Stole this from allears because I was too lazy to log into dvcmember.com, but this looks right to me.

Trash & Towel Service - For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four. With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will: Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins, provide fresh bathroom linens, replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap, replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper, replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners, replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service - For stays of eight or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12. With Full-Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus: Change the bed linens, vacuum and dust, clean the bathroom(s), clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

According to the info I got from the owner we are enting from and everything i have seen posted here it is the opposite. Trash and towel on day 4 ad full clean on day 8. It doesn't make sense to replace linens ect coffee ect on day 4, We are staying less than 8 nights and day 4 is trash and towel day.

Yes this is the correct info. Trash/towels on day 4, full cleaning day 8.

the high chair is in the closet in the master bath. We just stayed a week in a 1bdr in Kidani and we loved it! hard to go back to a studio after that.

Your owner is incorrect.

pixie08 said:
Yes this is the correct info. Trash/towels on day 4, full cleaning day 8.

No, that is incorrect. For stays of seven nights or less, you get trash and towel service on day four. For stays of eight nights or more, you get full cleaning on day four, trash and towel on day eight. Then the cycle repeats.

vicki_c posted the correct info from the Member website.

Thanks! Either way, with two in diapers I doubt I can wait 4 days to empty trash!

We just became a family of five in August so I know this wont be our last DVC stay, at least for our summer trips when we spend more time at the resort.

We are renting points at Kidani in July. We have a 1 bedroom. We've stayed at AKL before, but this will be our first DVC stay.

Do they offer high chairs? We plan to take advantage of the full kitchen since we know we will be escaping the heat mid-day. We will be traveling with an 11-month old so the high chair would be a great help. I'm not sure we could fit ours in the car (it's the kinds you strap onto the chair).

Thanks so much. I tried to search around for answers to these questions, but thought it may be quicker to just ask.

We did not have a pack n play in our room, but we did have 1 highchair. You could call ahead to make sure both will be there. We didn't think of asking for 1 2nd highchair, but if you need it, I would suspect they would accommodate that request. (We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kidani.)

Thanks! Either way, with two in diapers I doubt I can wait 4 days to empty trash!

We just became a family of five in August so I know this wont be our last DVC stay, at least for our summer trips when we spend more time at the resort.

There are trash rooms on every floor.

We did not have a pack n play in our room, but we did have 1 highchair. You could call ahead to make sure both will be there. We didn't think of asking for 1 2nd highchair, but if you need it, I would suspect they would accommodate that request. (We stayed in a 2 bedroom at Kidani.)

One high chair is enough. Our two year old doesn't use one anymore.

If you just want a standard cake and don't need it right away, you can ask at check-in. No, you don't have to be there for it to be delivered. If you want to call ahead, or need it day 1, call the cake hotline at 407-827-2253.

I've read about a Mickey head cake here on the DIS so I will call ahead for this just to be safe. I assume a week ahead is enough? Or does the holiday week make a difference? We would need the cake on July 2nd.

Yes, sort of. You get "trash and towel" service on day 4. They'll empty trash and replace towels. That's it. No new coffee, etc. .

Actually, you ARE supposed to get new coffee, and have the coffee creamer, sugar, dish liquid, toilet paper, laundry detergent refilled as necessary. I got that info directly from an Email I sent to DVC satisfaction after a recent trip. We 'd just gotten the "trash and towel", no new supplies, and when we called (we were out of sugar) we were told that trash and towel day was only trash and towel, and we'd have to pay for anything else. Since this was new to me, I sent an Email to DVC asking for the most current policy and received a phone call saying that we were supposed to receive coffee, etc.-we'd had a lazy mousekeeper, then got incorrect info. But realize you MAY get a lazy mousekeeper!

Actually, you ARE supposed to get new coffee, and have the coffee creamer, sugar, dish liquid, toilet paper, laundry detergent refilled as necessary. I got that info directly from an Email I sent to DVC satisfaction after a recent trip. We 'd just gotten the "trash and towel", no new supplies, and when we called (we were out of sugar) we were told that trash and towel day was only trash and towel, and we'd have to pay for anything else. Since this was new to me, I sent an Email to DVC asking for the most current policy and received a phone call saying that we were supposed to receive coffee, etc.-we'd had a lazy mousekeeper, then got incorrect info. But realize you MAY get a lazy mousekeeper!

I didn't realize laundry and dish detergent was provided. I thought we'd have to bring that. Good to know!

We just got home from AKV 1 BR Kidani last week. The room was awesome and very well stocked (don't drink coffee so can't comment on that). Had 2 small bottles of dish detergent, a couple of packs for the dishwasher and 2 small boxes of All for the washing machine. Note...no fabric softener or dryer sheets so bring those if you use them. We had bath products in both bathrooms with doubles in the master (one set in the shower and another in the tub). Pack N Play was in the closet with the washer/dryer and high chair was in master closet. Bona and Sanaa were excellent. If you're there on a Monday or Wednesday sign up early at the DVC desk for the Sunset Mingle. It's free and food and drinks were great. Kids had a blast in the kids program. We invited some non-DVC friends who were staying on property and they loved it. Plus I won the raffle :)!

Hmmm... then we've had a lot of lazy mousekeepers as I don't think we've ever gotten coffee replaced on trash and towel day.

You do receive a small starter supply of clothes detergent/no fabric softener. However, with three children you might want to bring extra. We don't even have younger children.....only an 11 yr old gs who does travel with us frequently.....and I find myself doing a load of laundry pretty much every night or early morning, so the one or two pkgs they start you with and even if replenished on day 4 usually isn't enough. Also, if it's really hot I usually wash the towels before day 4.

Nope, you get full cleaning on day 4 and T&T on day 8. It used to be the other way around years ago, but this has been the schedule for about 10 years now. If you are staying only 7 nights, you will only get Trash and Towel on day 4 and no full cleaning unless you want to pay extra for it.

Yes. should also be in the closed of a 1BR (and 2BR). .....

Yes, sort of. You get "trash and towel" service on day 4.

fyi, there has also been a high chair in every studio we've been in (in the closet, with pack & play).
as others said, stays of 7 nights/8 days or less, T&T on day 4.
stay of more than 7 nights, follow the 4 (full cleaning)/ 8 (T&T) days rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter