Kids Race Arrival Times

BrerNashville

DIS Veteran
If the kids 1 mile races start at 12:30 (Marathon weekend), what time will we need to be at ESPN ready to start? We will need to pick up our packets for the kids race that morning, and will need to leave enough time to get from the expo to the start of the race.

I have no idea about details for the Kids Races - I want to say @DopeyBadger had a kiddo run this year? Maybe I'm mistaken.

For the Expo, I would try to be at ESPN by 11 (in line for a bus by 10:30, or calling an Uber around 11), just to be on the safe side. If I remember correctly, the pickup location for Kids Races was on the concourse, right next to 5K and Race Retreat. There wasn't really a line for it (this was on a Wednesday when I went this year, so take that with a grain of salt), but it will take you a while on the bus to get to WWoS (especially Thursday and Friday) because of the people coming in for the Half/Full/Goofy. The Expo is almost a ghost town on Saturday after the half, as it's only people coming back to buy things and Marathoners that haven't picked up bibs.

The races are a short walk from the Expo area - they're all on the WWoS grounds.

I'm not positive about picking up the Kid's packet on the day of the race. I don't think I've ever seen it specifically stated whether it had to be picked up the day in advance like other marathon weekend races. However, I've never waited in line on Wednesday mornings for more than 5 minutes to pick-up a Kids packet. I'd personally like to be on the safe side and always prefer to arrive early and not rush. The other kids races start at 11:00am so at a minimum if you're too early you can chill out a little and watch the little ones race as well. I believe runDisney's recommendation is to line up at the start about 15 minutes prior to the race. I believe the last two years the start line for the mile has been in two different locations (still at WWOS) but regardless are no more than a 10 minute walk from the main area. Here's the page from last year's program:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 6.29.24 AM.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter