King Charles Coronation

25 days to go!

Let's discuss the royal guest list. Not talking about H&M, we can discuss that in a different thread ;-)

Already confirmed (according to Tatler)
- Prince Albert of Monaco, no confirmation about princess Charlène
- Crown prince Fumihito & crown princess Kiko of Japan (brother & SIL to the Emporer), the emporer himself is not allowed to attend coronations of foreign royalty.
- Crown prince Fredrik & crown princess Mary of Denmark. Queen Margarethe has declined due to recovery from back surgery.
- King Gustave of Sweden with his daugher crown princess Victoria
- King Phillipe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium, without their daughter Elizabeth who is studying in the UK at Oxford.
- Queen Anne-Marie, crown prince Vavlos and crown princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, probably their first big event after the death of their husband & father, King Constantine, in January. Greece is no longer a monarchy, but the royal family still exists.
- King Phelipe & Queen Letizia of Spain, plus King Juan Carlos & Queen Sofia of Spain
- King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan
- King & Queen of Bhutan, Druk Gyalpo and Druk Gyaltsuen (the 5th Dragon King & Dragon Queen), she is nicknamed the Kate Middleton of the Himalayas.
- King Willem Alexander, Queen Maxima & Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands
- King Harald & Queen Sonja of Norway.
- The crown prince of Bahrain, Shaikh Salman Bin Hamad Al Khalifa
- The Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, no mention of his son crown prince and most eligible bachelor Abdul Mateen.
- Hereditary Prince Alois & Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein
- The crown prince of Kuwait, Mishal Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah
- King Letsie III of Lesotho
- Grand Duke Henry & Grand Duchess Maria Therese of Luxembourg
- The Yang di Pertuan Anong & Raja Permaisuri Agong of Malaysia, his title means 'he who is made Chief Lord'
- King Mohammed VI of Morocco
- Sultan of Oman, Haithamm bin Tariq
- Emir of Qatar, Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
- King Tupuo VI of Tonga
- Hereditary Prince Bernhard of Baden
- Former King Simeon II of Bulgaria
- Custodian of the Crown of Romania, Margaretha. Her claim to the throne is not recognized by the Romanian parliament. But the titles are still there in case Romania decides to reinstall their monarchy.
- Crown prince Alexander & crown princess Katherina of Serbia. Also their monarchy no longer exists
- Emir of Dubai Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum

So quite a mix of kings & queens and crown princes & princesses. At one of the last European coronations, my own king Willem Alexander of the Netherlands, most royal guests were crown princes & princesses. However, Willem Alexander was 46 when he ascended the throne. Most royal families seem to prefer to send those who are closer in age to Charles.

A bit surprised at my own country. I thought they would take their daughter crown princess Catharina-Amalia. However, she is 19, just started university and only done two official engagements now. However, her grandmother Princess Beatrix is a bit closer to Charles in age ;-)

Like with the Queen's funeral, the Dutch stand out by being allowed 3 guests. At the Queen's funeral, the Dutch royals were had front row seats on the opposite side of the coffin, across Charles. It probably says something how close our royal families are. About Princess Beatrix it was said she was a confidante to the Queen and a close friend, hopping over the Channel for tea. I believe Willem Alexander was a 5th cousin to the Queen.

Also the Spanish stand out, with current and former kings and queens attending. They are an even closer relationship, being related through both the paternal and maternal lineage.

And how does it look when you put a lot of European royals together? Something like this.
Below group picture was taken last year at the 18th birthday of Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, 2nd in line to the Norwegian throne.
I also expect (and hope for) long gowns and tiaras for Charles' coronation.
royal families.png

We were in London over the Easter holiday and it was stunning the amount of merchandise that was available to celebrate the coronation. Tins holding every conceivable food item, bags and carriers, cups and plates, magnets, flags, and, of course, tea towels.

Last edited:
I am also hoping for lots of long gowns and tiaras. I love seeing CP Victoria, she is always fun, and excited for Sonja and Harald of Norway. Not gonna lie, was hoping for Mette-Marit and Haakon to make an appearance but I suppose we can't have everything.

I'm just looking forward to seeing so many royals from so many houses from all over. SO much fun.

Not sure if this was real, but it would be one heck of a thing if it were.

I suppose he could have changed the lyrics for Charles.

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
A potential H bomb

God save the queen
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming

Not sure if this was real, but it would be one heck of a thing if it were.

I suppose he could have changed the lyrics for Charles.

God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
A potential H bomb

God save the queen
She's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming
Disgraceful.
If I posted offensive doggerel about your head of state it would, quite rightly, disappear very quickly.

ford family

Disgraceful.
If I posted offensive doggerel about your head of state it would, quite rightly, disappear very quickly.

ford family

It was context for why it would be so ironic for John Lydon to be asked to perform as part of the coronation festivities. Those were well known and controversial lyrics that he wrote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter