King Charles Coronation

I think I'll just wait and see who performs, I think there are plenty of stories being planted that are anti-RF to try and present a failure before it happens. Pointless gossip at this time.

There are reports that contradict and some other names put out there that perhaps suggest the concert will be less big names brags and more thoughtful in organization. This might be reflected in the big names that they have performing.

This is from the RF page ...

On Sunday, 7th May 2023, a special Coronation Concert will take place at Windsor Castle. Produced, staged and broadcast live by the BBC and BBC Studios, the Coronation Concert will bring global music icons and contemporary stars together in celebration of the historic occasion.

Attended by a public audience including volunteers from The King and The Queen Consort’s many charity affiliations, the concert will see a world-class orchestra play interpretations of musical favourites fronted by some of the world’s biggest entertainers, alongside performers from the world of dance. The performances will be supported by staging and effects located on the Castle’s East Lawn and will also feature a selection of spoken word sequences delivered by stars of stage and screen.

Through a national ballot held by the BBC, several thousand members of the public will be selected to receive a pair of free tickets for the Coronation Concert at Windsor Castle.

Alongside the stars of the concert, the show will also see an exclusive appearance from The Coronation Choir. This diverse group will be created from the nation’s keenest community choirs and amateur singers from across the United Kingdom, such as Refugee choirs, NHS choirs, LGBTQ+ singing groups and deaf signing choirs. A new documentary exploring the formation of The Coronation Choir will tell the stories of the people representing the many faces and voices of the country. The Coronation Choir will appear alongside The Virtual Choir, made up of singers from across the Commonwealth, for a special performance on the night.

The centrepiece of the Coronation Concert, ‘Lighting up the Nation’, will see the country join together in celebration as iconic locations across the United Kingdom are lit up using projections, lasers, drone displays and illuminations.

The Coronation Concert will be produced by BBC Studios, broadcast live on BBC One, BBC iPlayer, BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds.

It’s been confirmed by Buckingham Palace that Prince Harry will attend his father’s coronation ceremony, though he is not expected to participate in the processions or any other related festivities. Meghan will stay with the children in California. Archie’s 4th birthday happens to be the same day.

It’s been confirmed by Buckingham Palace that Prince Harry will attend his father’s coronation ceremony, though he is not expected to participate in the processions or any other related festivities. Meghan will stay with the children in California. Archie’s 4th birthday happens to be the same day.
I get that. I would not want to fly so far with a couple of toddlers!

I get that. I would not want to fly so far with a couple of toddlers!
We've traveled to Europe with toddlers. Although I didn't have the luxury of a private jet or nannies. It may not have been a once in a lifetime event such as a grandparent's coronation but still had a magical time. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

We've traveled to Europe with toddlers. Although I didn't have the luxury of a private jet or nannies. It may not have been a once in a lifetime event such as a grandparent's coronation but still had a magical time. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
It was a joke.

So the sponge cake is in the oven for the Victoria sponge I'm making for tomorrow. My parents are coming round to watch the coronation and we are having a buffet lunch. Really looking forward to all the events.
Sounds like a Party worthy of a Coronation SEVENTY years in the making!

I hope your 8000 salad plates are ready!
8,000 plates wouldn't be enough for Elizabeth's coronation with 8,250 guests. :P

On my last Disney cruise during one of the trivias it was a question, 'how many salad plates are there in the palace in Frozen?' And I had never looked up the lyrics, and I always heard 'a thousand salad plates'. Luckily I had team mates to correct me, but I did look it up at home ;-)

And that's why proper pronunciation matters!

(I also miss the t in 'I see the light' from Tangled. Changes it into 'I see the lie', makes it a completely different song!)

Dame Emma Thompson has arrived :P She looks happy to be there.
Other stars who have arrived already: Lionel Richie, Stephen Fry, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Katy Perry
70645377-12053445-image-a-127_1683357737274.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter