Korissa's Magical MAW/GKTW PTR....4 HUGE Big Give (2-18-11)..page 40

I wonder if there is a way to 'rig' it with a few ponchos where it wouldn't get wet. :scratchin

Thanks! The kids really had a blast on that day!

We brought our own dresses from home and didn't buy them at the BBB. Maybe there is a way where you can cut the dress, sew a hem (? or what ever its called.. I'm no sewer!!! LOLOL) and use velcro to reattach it? Could it work?

We went to a Disney Store today and looked at theirs, but they were $60.00 Not going to pay that much to cut a hole in it. I wish I was a sewer too. I have no clue how to do it. I also want to get matching shirts for us.

We just got back from taking the older girls to their first concert. Yesterday we went to the Orange County Fair and we saw Adam Lambert. The girls were on cloud nine. We stayed the night down there. Came home to a brush fire that is literally 5 min. away. Right now we can see flames on hills. So much smoke that it's affecting Kerri and Korissas Asthma.

Here I am! I had heard of mito but didn't really know much about it until this board. KellyW has a daughter with it also, and they just went in April, same time as us. You should see if you can find her TR as she had a creative solution for the tube in the dresses.

I grew up in O.C. and the annual wild fires are something I do not miss! The Laguna Canyon fire (92?) came very close to my parents home and we had to evacuate. Thankfully it didn't reach any homes that time. I remember my first little black car parked in the driveway was covered with ash and looked almost white. I didn't wash it because the ash kept coming down for days after. Once I did wash it, the ash had burned holes in my paint. I didn't know how acidic the ash is. It's so horrible to breath! I hope you guys can hide out indoors for a while!

Okay, watched Kylee's video! How great that you guys are going to go on another wish trip, having done one already! I love that you have more of an idea of what to expect and what you will want to do again, and what you won't mind skipping. Areil's grotto was closed when we were there - those pics look great! I took pics on the trolley too (bit you're not supposed to, LOL). I wish we had seen Popeye and Olive! So cool!

We just got back from taking the older girls to their first concert. Yesterday we went to the Orange County Fair and we saw Adam Lambert. The girls were on cloud nine. We stayed the night down there. Came home to a brush fire that is literally 5 min. away. Right now we can see flames on hills. So much smoke that it's affecting Kerri and Korissas Asthma.

That sounds sooo scary :scared1: My kiddos have asthma too and when quebec was having thier fires earlier this spring the smoke was bothering my two as well, Hoping everything is ok your way, i see where your post was at 1ish this morning :grouphug:

Hi I saw your post on the boards and then came to view your PTR and saw that you are from OC. I ws born and raised there and in Corona and have spent the past 9 years in NE. I look forward to following your trip!I love the OC Fair. I went to Vanguard University across from the fairgrounds and went there for fairs and swap meets. I hope your trip goes well and glad you fought for it! Take care.:wizard::dance3::lovestruc

Welcome! I might have some answers to some of your questions. The week that you chose in November would be perfect. You would have light crowds and some of the Christmas decorations would be up including the Osburne Festival of Lights at Disney Studios. As for a wheelchair cover, we took a shower curtain from the Dollar Tree and a bungee cord and it covered our double stroller and kept everything dry without a problem. I can't wait to hear more about your planning! Your children are beautiful! :flower3:

Hi Kris:goodvibes I finally made it over here. You have a beautiful family. I am so happy to hear you are doing another WISH trip. I think it is awsome! I am so glad you found this board because they offer SO much support for your family and for your trip. Everyone feels like family here. :hug:

Here I am! I had heard of mito but didn't really know much about it until this board. KellyW has a daughter with it also, and they just went in April, same time as us. You should see if you can find her TR as she had a creative solution for the tube in the dresses.

I grew up in O.C. and the annual wild fires are something I do not miss! The Laguna Canyon fire (92?) came very close to my parents home and we had to evacuate. Thankfully it didn't reach any homes that time. I remember my first little black car parked in the driveway was covered with ash and looked almost white. I didn't wash it because the ash kept coming down for days after. Once I did wash it, the ash had burned holes in my paint. I didn't know how acidic the ash is. It's so horrible to breath! I hope you guys can hide out indoors for a while!

Okay, watched Kylee's video! How great that you guys are going to go on another wish trip, having done one already! I love that you have more of an idea of what to expect and what you will want to do again, and what you won't mind skipping. Areil's grotto was closed when we were there - those pics look great! I took pics on the trolley too (bit you're not supposed to, LOL). I wish we had seen Popeye and Olive! So cool!

I will look her up...Thank you. Love to hear from someone else that is dealing with same Disease. We live in the Antelope Valley. Have you heard of Palmdale/ Lancaster? It's about 2 hour drive from the OC fair. Oh...and I remember that fire in Laguna Canyon . I hate fire season. Thank you for watching Kylee's video. What trolley are you talking about? I had no clue about the no photo thing:rolleyes1. Even though we have been...There is so much that we didn't know. This board is awesome. Also Kylee was so miserable that she really didn't enjoy the trip. Hoping this time she will enjoy herself,but I'm sure the jet lag will get her again. Going to make the best of it because I know we will never be able to get to WDW again:sad2:.

That sounds sooo scary :scared1: My kiddos have asthma too and when quebec was having thier fires earlier this spring the smoke was bothering my two as well, Hoping everything is ok your way, i see where your post was at 1ish this morning :grouphug:

Thank you. Thankfully the fires are going the other way. It's still really smoky outside, so we will spend the day indoors.

Hi I saw your post on the boards and then came to view your PTR and saw that you are from OC. I ws born and raised there and in Corona and have spent the past 9 years in NE. I look forward to following your trip!I love the OC Fair. I went to Vanguard University across from the fairgrounds and went there for fairs and swap meets. I hope your trip goes well and glad you fought for it! Take care.:wizard::dance3::lovestruc

We aren't from the OC area. We live in the Antelope Valley. Have you heard of Palmdale/ Lancaster? I do know what collage you are talking about. This was our first trip to the OC Fair. We all loved it. We will differently be going back next year. I have a friend that lives in Corona. We go down there a few times a year to go to the Ontario Mill Mall.

Welcome! I might have some answers to some of your questions. The week that you chose in November would be perfect. You would have light crowds and some of the Christmas decorations would be up including the Osburne Festival of Lights at Disney Studios. As for a wheelchair cover, we took a shower curtain from the Dollar Tree and a bungee cord and it covered our double stroller and kept everything dry without a problem. I can't wait to hear more about your planning! Your children are beautiful! :flower3:

Thank you..Unfortunately MAW said it was highly impossible to go in Nov. We are shooting for March. I honestly think Nov. was too close anyways. We have a lot of doctors appts coming up and I'm such a planner.

Thank you for the shower curtin idea. I may just do that. I thought the rain cover for Kylee's special need stroller was $50.00 and when I went to go look...it was $140:scared1: That won't happen, unless insurance will cover it.

Hi Kris:goodvibes I finally made it over here. You have a beautiful family. I am so happy to hear you are doing another WISH trip. I think it is awsome! I am so glad you found this board because they offer SO much support for your family and for your trip. Everyone feels like family here. :hug:

Thank you Tonya. I'm happy and sad that we get 2 trips. Sucks having 2 kids with the same disease. The wish granters seem kind of upset that Korissa chose the same Wish as Kylee, but this is what she wants. We are huge Disney fans. Like I said on post 3(I think)..we weren't going to do one for her. Not saying she doesn't deserve it, but we were blessed with one. It was the Granter that kept saying things in front of Korissa.

Melissa...I went on her PTR and the funny thing...I know her from my message board. I posted to her on alis TR report.

Kylee's GI just called me with her results from her Upper GI and Small Bowel Follow through. She has adhesion on her intestines and erosions. Not sure what all this means. The GI really didn't know either. She told me that she will be calling Kylee's surgeon to see what he thinks. Hoping and praying she doesn't need another surgery. She has already endured 12 of them.

For Korissa...The GI is increasing her Prevacid. She has been struggling with pain. She has also been "off" the last few days.

Kylee's GI just called me with her results from her Upper GI and Small Bowel Follow through. She has adhesion on her intestines and erosions. Not sure what all this means. The GI really didn't know either. She told me that she will be calling Kylee's surgeon to see what he thinks. Hoping and praying she doesn't need another surgery. She has already endured 12 of them.

For Korissa...The GI is increasing her Prevacid. She has been struggling with pain. She has also been "off" the last few days.
I hope everything is going to be ok...saying prayers for you guys.

The night we arrived...
P1020744.jpg

Kylee with her Mickey Mouse
P1020746.jpg

Family with Mickey and Minnie Mouse
P1020763.jpg

Kylee with Snow White
P1020773.jpg

Family with Frank after the pet show at Universal
P1020812.jpg

P1020911.jpg

P1020920.jpg

The only picture we have with Cinderilla...Kylee Crying.. She wasn't feeling well at this point..
P1020921.jpg

Better after a 1 1/2 hour nap
P1020922.jpg

Animal Kingdom..
P1030065.jpg

GKTW...
P1030163.jpg

Sea World...
P1030191.jpg

Disney MGM
P1030520.jpg

Going away party
P1020723-1.jpg

On plane
P1020728.jpg

P1020753.jpg

Kids with Curious George..Universal
P1020785.jpg

Steven and Shrek...
P1020786.jpg

Kylee and Kyra with Fiona
P1020793.jpg

Kids with Stitch
kidswithstitch.jpg

P1020861.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter