Krysten & Michael's DFTW - 9/9/10 - WP/Narcoossee's - 1 Year!! 09/09

Disney9.9.10

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone,
I am a disney veteran, but new to this site lol I wanted to start a planning journal, and I am hoping that I am going about this in the right way (feel free to inform me if I have read into this wrong!).
So our wedding is set for September 9th of this year - less than 5 months to go!! I have already signed and returned my letter of agreement, and will be having my first planning session tomorrow. Unfortunately this session will be over the phone, as we are from Canada, and it would be quite a trip to make for a planning session lol
I am an organized person, but I have a hard time making decisions - so I have stuff planned out, but with a few alternates lol And with Disney, there are no limits to the options you have!
At this point,
- my dress is already paid for, and in my moms home. It fits perfectly except that it is a little too long, so I have to get the front hemmed a bit.
- I have started some pre-wedding party planning. Our guests are all booked at their hotels and ready to go.
- Save the dates have been received by our guests (sooo exciting).
- Our disneymoon accommodations have been booked
- We have our wedding scheduled at the Pavilion, with a reception to follow at the Grand Floridian
- I just bought my wedding shoes for a great deal on the weekend
- We have our attendants chosen

And I am sure that there is more, but I won't drone on about it for too long! I am starting to get excited now - the real planning has begun! And this site has been a huge help and inspiration! So thanks to anyone who read this, I am sorry if I did not do this properly, and I will post some more after my meeting tomorrow!

Index
The Story
The Ring
Floral Planning Meeting and Centrepieces
Favours
DF's Wedding Band
The Dress
Flower Girl Gifts
The Shoes
Sand Ceremony Sand
Program Fan and Invitation Attempt 1
Photographer
The Tuxes
Brunch!
Floral BEO
Invitation Paper
The Jewellery
The Tiara
Indecisive Bride Day
Change of Location - Narcoossee's it is!
Disneymoon Registry
100th PJ Post & Updated To Do List
Centrepieces - Take 2
99 Days!
The ADR's
The Linens
The Attendants Gifts
Baking Cookies!
The Bridal Shower
Desert Party?
Hairstyles - Which One?
The Invitations
The DF's Cufflinks
Almost Final Floral BEO
The Table Name Cards
Vendor Reviews
Glad I Did/Wish I Did
TR- Day 1
TR - Day 2

Thank you for the replies so far!! This is such an exciting time, and it is great to have some fellow Disney enthusiasts to share it with!

I am going to write some more about my planning now.

I will start at the beginning with us and our engagement. My name is Krysten, I am 23, his name is Michael, and he is 22. We met in high school, when he came to school elaborately dressed as Paul Stanley (from KISS). I wanted to know who he was (the whole place gave him a round of applause lol) so a mutual friend introduced us. We started talking online, and discovered that we have the same birthday (!) which gave us something to talk about, and things just went from there. We have been together for over 4 years now, and we bought our first home together last year - so marriage makes sense.

Our engagement is very simple, we were at home on a Thursday night, in pj's. I thought that he was mad or something because he just got up and left, but he came back a couple of minutes later with a ring, and asked me right then and there. It was sweet, and it is true to how we are. I cannot post pictures yet, but the ring is a princess cut solitaire in white gold, with baguettes on the sides.

We naturally told all of our family and friends - who were all very happy for us. My mom (almost immediately!) called our travel agent and asked her to send us information about a Disneymoon. (Quick side note, my family has been going to Disney for years, it is quite a trip from Canada, but we go as often as we can, and we are all huge Disney enthusiasts!). At this time, we were only thinking about doing a wedding at home, with a Disneymoon.

I started looking into wedding costs and venues locally, and was not overly excited about anything. Everything was so expensive, and not really special. We saw a few venues, they were nice facilities, but they had no wow factor - they were just like every other wedding that happens around here.

One day, I went onto my laptop and just started looking at Disney Weddings. With everything that I looked at, I got more and more excited. This wedding would be special, it would be very me/us, and it would be cheaper! It didn't take long to realize that a Disney Wedding was meant to be.

I will post some pictures of my ring and dress once I am able to.

Also, I had my first over the phone planning meeting today. I would much rather have been there in person, but that is quite a trip just for a meeting lol However, the meeting went well, I didn't have the answers to all of the questions (as I had hoped) but I had most things that she asked me. There are still a lot of things to work out, but things are going well so far.

I will post again soon, perhaps later tonight after my meeting to discuss some pre-wedding party stuff.

Thank you for reading!

So I have some pictures of my ring on my computer now that I thought I'd share. I am really happy with the ring - DF did very well!

DSC01597.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

HI!!!! I am getting married September 14, 2010 WP and the Whitehall room at the Grand Floridian!!! I can't believe we are so close :banana: I hope all your plans go smooth and easy!

HI!!!! I am getting married September 14, 2010 WP and the Whitehall room at the Grand Floridian!!! I can't believe we are so close :banana: I hope all your plans go smooth and easy!

It is so neat how many weddings they do, and how so many of us have wedding dates only a few days away from each other!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding as well. I am excited beyond words haha How is your planning coming?

Thank you for your wonderful replies everyone! I am so glad I found disboards!

I will be posting some more to my journal later on today, after I have my floral planning meeting!!

Thank you to everyone who has followed along so far! I had my floral phone meeting today, and my floral planners are Warren and Rose. I am very excited about this whole thing! I know nothing about flowers, so they are going to price me out a few options, and send some pictures! so that I have a better idea of what I am looking at. Since I am not paying for the most of this wedding, I am going to do what I can to keep costs down.

For my bouquet, I am deciding between calla lilies and roses - or possibly a combination bouquet! I will have a few crystal hidden mickeys in there too! And flower colours are going to be purple and white. I also want to do a rose wand for my flower girl - she will only be 2 and a half, and she loves wands - so it will be perfect for her! The wedding party is all male, so they will only need bouts, not very exciting lol

We also decided on doing a petal toss for our staged exit. I am not sure though how I would like the petals... in a basket, in chiffon bags, or in cones. Any thoughts?

We are also going to be putting some petals on tables to give them some colour.

Our centrepieces were something I knew I wanted, and turned out to be cheaper than I expected!! Big yay! Here is a picture of them.

Screenshot2010-04-16at41950PM.png

They will have fresh floral inside that matches the rest of our flowers. They are wrought iron, with glass beads and ivy, and twinkle lights! I am very happy with them!

Because we are on a budget, I am keeping the standard linens for now, but may upgrade later. The only problem that I came across is that the GF chairs do not go with my colour scheme at all - so I will most likely need to get chair covers. I like beautiful chairs much more than chair covers, but it would probably be more cost effective to get chair covers than bring in other chairs. If anyone has thoughts on chairs, or knows the pricing of other chairs, feel free to share!

We are looking into a couple of different favours from Disney right now. I like the chocolate cinderella slipper for an edible favour. There are also these adorable little ceramic coaches that I love! I will post some pictures of these coaches once I get them sent to me.

Overall, this was a successful meeting! I got a ton of valuable information and I am sure that I will have to make changes to my floral plan, but I am happy with it anyway!

Thanks for reading! See you all soon!

Your plans sound beautiful so far. I LOVE purple it is my second favourite colour, if my wedding wasn't red it would be purple. I am gettting married exactly a month before you!

Thanks for this post!!
I have been interested for a while now in the coach centrepieces but unable to get any details about them!! What price are they?
Also, I would be very interested to see the little ceramic coachs when you have a picture!! How much are they each?
Thanks so much

Thanks for the replies!

Sambycat - thank you for the link! it is great, and really expresses what we all go through when trying to pick things like chairs - I love it!

Here is a picture of the coach favours. We are probably going to do these and some sort of chocolate favour - the men that are coming won't really have a purpose for these lol

Favours.jpg

These cost 6.50 each with no ribbon or tags or anything inside of them. But you can add anything to them that you want. Rose told me that they perfectly fit one hershey kiss inside! So cute.

Tinkerbell766 - The coach centrepieces are only $90! And that includes everything - even the fresh floral! I read something about these coaches when I first started planning and it said that they were $160, so 90 is quite refreshing lol Let me know if you have any other questions about them that I might be able to help you answer!

That is all I have for now, I have to work this morning, but I will be back later with more updates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter