**Lana (Ellebren) & Michael's VR PJ**September**Food Photos posted**BEO of Doom**

Sounds great, hope to see the pictures soon!

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!!

Yay, I really love ordering stuff online and getting it in the mail. Its like christmas. I got my shoes yesterday and tried them on. I have to start wearing them everyday because I never wear high heels and dont want to fall on my face in my long dress.

Other than that I keep waiting for packages.

I started creating my invites. They are pretty good, just have to pin my mom down on what she wants for the wording. Its really annoying when she wants to have the final say on certain things, but won't get back to me to give the final ok. Luckily for me this is one of the last things I have a time limit on that I will have to deal with her on. Ok mini rant over!

And you can see I'm really a slacker because again no photos.

Ok before I go into the whole food pictures I have a little announcement that has nothing to do with my wedding planning..

Cate took her first steps and is now trying to walk across the room.

ok now back to my regular scheduled pj.

Here are all the photos to accompany my earlier tasting.

These are the Hummus and phyllo. We did get to try crab cakes and stuffed mushrooms, and I really thought I took a photo of it, but this was all I had on my camera when I got home.
DSCN0532.jpg

Mozzarella & Tomato-Amazing
DSCN0531.jpg

The field greens
DSCN0534.jpg

The sorbet course we are not having
DSCN0536.jpg

1st Choice of chicken, scallops & shrimp (btw I got a little excited and ate a bit before I realized that I needed a photo)
DSCN0538.jpg

2nd Choice of beef filet & lobster (no longer lobster because it was hard to get out of the shell, but also shrimp and scallops because they were so yummy the first time)Also maybe the most amazing potatoes I have ever had, out of everything we tasted that was the only thing I consumed entirely. yes I have a problem.
DSCN0539.jpg

A dessert we most likely won't be having-however delicious and adorable
DSCN0533.jpg

While we were in the kitchen they had the light up scrolly thing that said our name. After the whole ps we went into the GF and on their board of daily events we saw this and had to wait for it to scroll so I could get a clear photo. We had to wait twice for a good photo. I think I looked a little weird taking this photo and waiting for it to come up but whatever, its not everyday my name is up at disney.
DSCN0542.jpg

(btw we are the menu tasting)

Yay for lots of food pictures, I am so hungry and want to go raid the fridge now. Yet I can't because I am on a diet so I can fit in my dress.

Delicious! We tasted the shrimp and scallops too! Our chef practically had to pry the plate out of my hand.. after I licked it clean!! They were so good we added them to our buffet!

I am a sucker for mashie taties, so there's nothing wrong with you! Or maybe there's something wrong with both of us! :rotfl:

Delicious! We tasted the shrimp and scallops too! Our chef practically had to pry the plate out of my hand.. after I licked it clean!! They were so good we added them to our buffet!

I really wanted to eat more I ended up eating only like 1 shrimp/scallop combo because our chef was saying how we still had a whole entree to try and I didn't want to make myself sick. However I am looking forward to eating at our reception. Believe me if the server even thinks about taking my plate before I lick it clean I will stab him with my fork.:furious:

I am a sucker for mashie taties, so there's nothing wrong with you! Or maybe there's something wrong with both of us! :rotfl:

I am just such a meat & potatoes kind of girl. The other potatoes which I don't know if you can see with the chicken, they are kind of like triangles, were also equally amazing. The chef wanted us to try them since what usually comes with the chicken is similar to the ones with the meat. I love him for sharing those delicious triangles of heaven with us.

Omg, the chicken, shrimp, and scallops look fantastic! I wanted to lick the screen.

I was so excited about that plate I really almost forgot to take a photo, it really looked much nicer when he first presented it.

Looks sooo good!! I so want to go to a Disney wedding!!

I wonder if I can do a PS for my DCL VR?? ;)

Ok I know I wasn't happy that they told me it was going to take 6-8 weeks to get my budget. If only I had known the bliss of my ignorance. I just got my BEO the other day. I was lucky I was sitting down. It was 40,000. Yes 40. I think my heart might have stopped for a moment.

Ok less freaked out now because I have cut about 10,000 off. I still have about 10 to go so I really should be trying to figure out how to get that down. However I want to post mine since I know looking at everyone elses has really helped me.

Wedding Pavilion 2662.50
Videography 3300.00
Vintage car 800.00
2 motorcoaches 1683.00
Cake topper 106.50
Grooms cake 309.28
Kid party food 329.40
BOC drinks 4832.45
Flora cocktail hour 3608.22
2 bartenders 215.00
Sparkling cider 525.77
DJ 1500.00
50 wedding cake 740.97
50 beef dinners 5734.49
50 chicken dinners 5476.76

total 31906.10

sadly this is not counting photography. I want to get the roots for about 4000.

So far I've cut a lot of stuff, like the sorbet course and strawberries. Next to be cut is the grooms cake and chocolate screened plates for the cake. I would love love love to get it to 15,000 spend 4000 on photo and be super happy at under 20. The only other thing I have going for me is I think I have an overly large number. I am really hoping we are closer to 75ish. I have to get invites out very soon. My mom thinks that since everyone got the save the dates we don't have to send out invites so early. It does make sense, but I would love to find out what number I am really working with.

Hope this helps some future brides. I'm already on BEO #3 and I only got the first one 2 days ago.

WOW!! That's a lot of money! I'm glad you've been able to cut it down so fast. It will be a lot smaller when you get you're real number. You should re work the numbers with your 75 quests that you anticipate and see what sort of impact that makes.

Wow I think i would have kicked the bucket when I saw the 40,000!!!! good luck getting those last 10,000 off. the Food pics are great - you made me so hungry..

Just getting all caught up on your PJ. Wow...I'm currently waiting for our BEO (any day now!) and I keep hoping this isn't whats going to happen to me lol. We're aiming for around 12k with Disney, and outside photo/video. I'll be paying close attention to your PJ to see how you cut it down!

I noticed you mentioned trying to hand-make your invites. Thats what I'm doing. I'm using Cards & Pockets and printing/making them myself. I'll post a pic on my PJ tomorrow of the completed version :)

maybe you could get rid of the cocktail hour?? over 3,500 is alot for one hour!! also, maybe go with outside videography?? I'd keep what your heart is absolutely set on, then cut the rest so you can have the amazing roots!!!

Woah! How many hours are you using the motorcoaches for? That seems way too high. Also, if you're paying that kind of money, you might as well go for the package bar instead of BOC - and then you'll get rid of your bartender charge. fyi.

Woah! How many hours are you using the motorcoaches for? That seems way too high. Also, if you're paying that kind of money, you might as well go for the package bar instead of BOC - and then you'll get rid of your bartender charge. fyi.

Well they tell my I need two because right now the number is at 100. Once I know where people are staying I will be able to see if I really need two buses. I was hoping we would have one bus that made like roundies from hotels to the site. Apparently that can't happen. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out. I was wondering why they charged me 200 in bartender fees when in the contract they said if your bard end up being more than 500 it is waived. I figure if I have to pay them 4,000 dollars to begin with for drinks they should not charge me the 200. Only if they refund me 3,000 then they should charge me the 200. Actually I would just take a 2800 refund instead and we would be even. Not that 200 is really going to make a difference right about now. However it is a little drop in the bucket.

Well they tell my I need two because right now the number is at 100. Once I know where people are staying I will be able to see if I really need two buses. I was hoping we would have one bus that made like roundies from hotels to the site. Apparently that can't happen. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out. I was wondering why they charged me 200 in bartender fees when in the contract they said if your bard end up being more than 500 it is waived. I figure if I have to pay them 4,000 dollars to begin with for drinks they should not charge me the 200. Only if they refund me 3,000 then they should charge me the 200. Actually I would just take a 2800 refund instead and we would be even. Not that 200 is really going to make a difference right about now. However it is a little drop in the bucket.

They're quoting you for the bartender charge because the BOC is just an estimate. If you do spend the $4000, you will get that money back. But here's a suggestion... you can have a 4 hour open bar instead of a BOC for $35.50 per person - with tax and tip it adds up to $2245 for 50 people. Just fyi. I had 4 hours which includes my cocktail hour and then I shut the open bar for 1/2 hour at dinner and 1/2 hour at the end. It's still a lot cheaper than your $4000.

I understand the need for 2 buses. Where are your guests staying though? My reception is at ADH and I have guests staying at Boardwalk, so I'm having one bus for 8 hours (ceremony / reception) and one for 5 hours (which is the minimum) since my guests can walk back to their rooms. If some of your guests are at GF then you can do that and cut some cash off your beo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter